Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It’s been a really lovely day so far today.  Had an orthodontist appointment and they got this birthday balloon for me.  It was very nice of them.

IMG_6775.thumb.jpeg.922ba5215bdcb787bfee6b5c27d26811.jpeg

Got my free scoop of ice cream for my birthday.  That’s Coconut Pineapple flavor.

IMG_6777.thumb.jpeg.7fad3427031b87bc567191f8f1beff5e.jpeg

My nephew from New York drove out here on a road trip with his two daughters.  We will meet up with them, my mom and all our families for dinner tonight.  They will drive to Seattle this weekend and meet up with his DW (who will fly out from NY) and all their families to go on an Alaskan cruise.  After the cruise, he will drive back to New York with his girls.  So, it will be nice to see them tonight and hear about their road adventure.

Happiest of birthdays Helen!  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Pinnacle status can only be shared with your partner and not your kids so if she is Pinnacle she is there because she has 700 points on her own. Kids only can go as high as D+ on shared status. 

Thanks I knew there was something to it , I knew the young  kids aren't likely Pinnacle on their own.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If she's actually Pinnacle she is there because she has 700+ points on her own.  The only person you can share Pinnacle status with is your partner, your kids can only share up to D+

I asked mommy. Baby girl is a Pinnie. That's all she shared. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks I knew there was something to it , I knew the young  kids aren't likely Pinnacle on their own.

Whatever there may be to it, I think it is good for her and there is no need to be jealous or negative about some one who has it better than another. I am very happy for this kiddo. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Arzeena!  We were expecting quite the storm, after our grandson's father called from Pa. telling us this awful storm he was experiencing was headed our way.  We had lots of lightening, thunder, heavy rain for a little while, and were prepared with lanterns for when we lost electric.  We lucked out, once again.  My daughter keeps saying we are in a weather bubble, and she just may be right.

What a great picture!!

What is amazing is I had no hope of that excursion being that awesome.  We were about to get on the bus back to the ship at Bear Country in Ketchikan. We had not seen any bears.  The guides came running up and said to head to the boardwalk.  The mom and baby came down to the creek and started walking along it.   Mom jumped into a pool in front of us, pulled out a huge salmon and took it and her baby back to the woods right under us.  Best excursion ever!

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Im so jealous. I am a big fan of O’Keefe. Let me know how you liked it and your favorite piece.

It is a great O’Keefe and Henry Moore exhibition.  Lots of paintings and sculptures and we had a fun garden lunch afterwards.  What was not so great was the tons of people in Balboa Park and lack of parking spaces .  

Title of painting is Canna . 

IMG_3456.jpeg

• Like 4

Just now, NHProud said:

It is a great O’Keefe and Henry Moore exhibition.  Lots of paintings and sculptures and we had a fun garden lunch afterwards.  What was not so great was the tons of people in Balboa Park and lack of parking spaces .  

Title of painting is Canna . 

IMG_3456.jpeg

Beautiful! So glad you had a great time except for the parking.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Beautiful! So glad you had a great time except for the parking.

How are you and Linda ?  Is Linda recovering well ? My hubby’s only post knee problem is aching near the knee .  
Must strengthen those muscles.  Wishing you both well .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

It’s been a really lovely day so far today.  Had an orthodontist appointment and they got this birthday balloon for me.  It was very nice of them.

IMG_6775.thumb.jpeg.922ba5215bdcb787bfee6b5c27d26811.jpeg

Got my free scoop of ice cream for my birthday.  That’s Coconut Pineapple flavor.

IMG_6777.thumb.jpeg.7fad3427031b87bc567191f8f1beff5e.jpeg

My nephew from New York drove out here on a road trip with his two daughters.  We will meet up with them, my mom and all our families for dinner tonight.  They will drive to Seattle this weekend and meet up with his DW (who will fly out from NY) and all their families to go on an Alaskan cruise.  After the cruise, he will drive back to New York with his girls.  So, it will be nice to see them tonight and hear about their road adventure.

Excellent!    Sounds like you are having a Perfect Birthday.     Happy Birthday Helen and I hope your dinner and evening is full of fun with your Family.    Enjoy💐🎂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How does that work?Once she gets a certain age does she lose the Pinnacle status?

From what I recall the highest tier a child can inherit is Diamond+ so if she is Pinnacle she earned those points herself. 

Maybe her family travels in suites and she is earning double points, maybe they took advantage of the double point offers after the restart of cruising.   

Anyway you look at it this Cutie has been on a lot of cruises and is probably only 3 yrs old.    

Who wants her 6 free drinks per day??

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

How are you and Linda ?  Is Linda recovering well ? My hubby’s only post knee problem is aching near the knee .  
Must strengthen those muscles.  Wishing you both well .

We are good. Linda’s hand is getting better. She’s getting kinda tired of wearing the brace.

My left knee is bad. I used to be mow the whole yard. Now I have to spit it up in two days. Yes I probably could pay someone to mow it but I’m cheap. Getting a gel injection in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will get me through the cruise in October.

The only other thing that has been Linda’s older brother is having severe health problems. He was a long time smoker so his lungs and heart are badly damaged. He had a stint put in last week. Linda has already said that if he starts to go down shortly before the October cruise she said she wants me to still go as a solo and she would stay home to look after her brother. I sure that doesn’t happen.

• Like 14

Even if her parents book suites that’s still about 90 days a years in her short life on a ship.  I’m only jealous because I wouldn’t have had to cook or clean up after her. Having just been with the littles it was breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Even if her parents book suites that’s still about 90 days a years in her short life on a ship.  I’m only jealous because I wouldn’t have had to cook or clean up after her. Having just been with the littles it was breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner.  

I find the whole being jealous of a pinnacle discussion to be ridiculous.  Why would anyone be jealous of someone who spends a lot of money to cruise a bunch?  We cruise as much as we want each year and do other things that make us happy.  If others want to cruise a lot, great, doesn't matter to us at all.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

From what I recall the highest tier a child can inherit is Diamond+ so if she is Pinnacle she earned those points herself. 

Maybe her family travels in suites and she is earning double points, maybe they took advantage of the double point offers after the restart of cruising.   

Anyway you look at it this Cutie has been on a lot of cruises and is probably only 3 yrs old.    

Who wants her 6 free drinks per day??

😁Chocolate Milk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are good. Linda’s hand is getting better. She’s getting kinda tired of wearing the brace.

My left knee is bad. I used to be mow the whole yard. Now I have to spit it up in two days. Yes I probably could pay someone to mow it but I’m cheap. Getting a gel injection in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will get me through the cruise in October.

The only other thing that has been Linda’s older brother is having severe health problems. He was a long time smoker so his lungs and heart are badly damaged. He had a stint put in last week. Linda has already said that if he starts to go down shortly before the October cruise she said she wants me to still go as a solo and she would stay home to look after her brother. I sure that doesn’t happen.

You’re not cheap .  Spending wisely is different. Take care of your knee and don’t overdo. Very sorry to hear of Linda’s brother. I hope that is a decision you both don’t have to make so you can enjoy your vacation together. 

I was thinking of you earlier when Musso & Frank Grill popped up . It is the oldest restaurant in Hollywood. I’m sure you would enjoy it . Old school with red vinyl booths and delicious food and drinks . Lots of TV and movies are /were  filmed there . No celebrities when we ate there.  
Maybe some places survive on their reputations .  

I don’t remember tents in the San Pedro or San Diego ports .   

• Like 2