Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, NHProud said:

You’re not cheap .  Spending wisely is different. Take care of your knee and don’t overdo. Very sorry to hear of Linda’s brother. I hope that is a decision you both don’t have to make so you can enjoy your vacation together. 

I was thinking of you earlier when Musso & Frank Grill popped up . It is the oldest restaurant in Hollywood. I’m sure you would enjoy it . Old school with red vinyl booths and delicious food and drinks . Lots of TV and movies are /were  filmed there . No celebrities when we ate there.  
Maybe some places survive on their reputations .  

I don’t remember tents in the San Pedro or San Diego ports .   

Thank you Judy! I have made a note about Musso & Frank Grill in my cruise notes. Sounds like my kind of place. Since I’ve never cruises out of LA before I’ll need to research hotels. I also want to visit some famous Tiki bars there too.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are good. Linda’s hand is getting better. She’s getting kinda tired of wearing the brace.

My left knee is bad. I used to be mow the whole yard. Now I have to spit it up in two days. Yes I probably could pay someone to mow it but I’m cheap. Getting a gel injection in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will get me through the cruise in October.

The only other thing that has been Linda’s older brother is having severe health problems. He was a long time smoker so his lungs and heart are badly damaged. He had a stint put in last week. Linda has already said that if he starts to go down shortly before the October cruise she said she wants me to still go as a solo and she would stay home to look after her brother. I sure that doesn’t happen.

Glad to hear Linda is healing nicely.

So sorry to hear about her Brother.  Never easy to watch loved ones suffer.

Fingers and toes crossed your injection brings you comfort 

• Like 3

Just now, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad to hear Linda is healing nicely.

So sorry to hear about her Brother.  Never easy to watch loved ones suffer.

Fingers and toes crossed your injection brings you comfort 

Thanks Debbie! Mine are crossed too.😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are good. Linda’s hand is getting better. She’s getting kinda tired of wearing the brace.

My left knee is bad. I used to be mow the whole yard. Now I have to spit it up in two days. Yes I probably could pay someone to mow it but I’m cheap. Getting a gel injection in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that will get me through the cruise in October.

The only other thing that has been Linda’s older brother is having severe health problems. He was a long time smoker so his lungs and heart are badly damaged. He had a stint put in last week. Linda has already said that if he starts to go down shortly before the October cruise she said she wants me to still go as a solo and she would stay home to look after her brother. I sure that doesn’t happen.

I have never mowed my lawn at either houses that we owned , currently I pay 25 a week and two or three guys come and mow every week , I have a decent size front at back lawn . They also will trim bushes when I ask they never ask for money so every couple of months a ask what I owe and give them a check , I normally add a extra 20 or so and I always give them cold water when I see them . 

• Like 4

Just now, George C said:

I have never mowed my lawn at either houses that we owned , currently I pay 25 a week and two or three guys come and mow every week , I have a decent size front at back lawn . They also will trim bushes when I ask they never ask for money so every couple of months a ask what I owe and give them a check , I normally add a extra 20 or so and I always give them cold water when I see them . 

That’s great. It’s weird I actually like mowing. Linda has said why don’t you get a riding lawnmower. I say no because I like the exercise walking. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, George C said:

It must be a Dallas thing.  We waited for months once for a bill. It never came.  So DH just sends a check quarterly although he recently upped it to $40 a week just to be nice and yes we always take out cold water.  Mowing in 100 degree heat can’t be fun.  If they trim the bushes he adds some.  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s great. It’s weird I actually like mowing. Linda has said why don’t you get a riding lawnmower. I say no because I like the exercise walking. 

Maybe you should pay someone for the rest of the year though and let your knee rest up for the October cruise.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How is their po'boy?

It is very good. I had that for lunch on embarkation day.

Tonight we shared appetizers: fried green tomatoes. Crab bigniets   Crayfish gumbo. They brought biscuits and jalapeño corn bread. I ordered shrimp n grits. RJ ordered Nashville style memaw chicken. We could not finish this beyond the appetizers and picked at our dinner. No room for desserts.

Venue is very popular and was quite packed.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea Dog A question for you-do you need to mow the lawn you had installed in the back yard?

How is that lawn working for you? Would you consider installing it in the front yard to eliminate the need to mow if that is the case?

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

No I don’t mow it at all. I just leaf blow leaves and sticks when they fall. I have a artificial turf lawn sweeper that I use occasionally too.

Doing the front would be cost prohibitive as it would cost a fortune to do the front and sides. Now if I happen to win the lottery then yes.😉

• Like 4

Yesterday, we made our third trip to Kennywood Amusement Park, but this time we had all three grandkids.  It was busier than the other two times this year, but the kids (and us) had a blast. 

Lots of coaster rides and water rides 

IMG_8538.thumb.jpeg.04c5fc053907e789f43ad5629b48dfb3.jpeg

IMG_8540.thumb.jpeg.fa751f57b5c5de0772a61b0763c7302c.jpeg

This morning, I am waiting at the airport for my son’s flight to arrive.  He will be here for a week and a half, before he takes our grandson back to California.  Time for school to start soon, and for the final wrap up of Summer of Fun 3. 

• Like 22

On 8/8/2023 at 5:30 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Garlic, basil, pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil.  We do it in a mortar and pestle, which is supposed to result in a better taste than using a food processor or blender.  I don't know if that's true, but it's definitely more work.

Thank you. This sounds so good🤗

12 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I find the whole being jealous of a pinnacle discussion to be ridiculous.  Why would anyone be jealous of someone who spends a lot of money to cruise a bunch?  We cruise as much as we want each year and do other things that make us happy.  If others want to cruise a lot, great, doesn't matter to us at all.

I know I have said I was jealous of some people on here with all their cruising. Am I really jealous? Heck no! It’s just a saying. Why would I (or anyone) be jealous of someone doing what they love just like Mario. He has the best of both worlds. He gets to work and cruise at the same time. I just imagine all of their cruises, all the fun they are having and the things they are learning by going to different places. I’m happy for them if that’s what they want to do.

For some people the money could be a drop in the bucket so it’s not an issue. That little girl is probably learning things that she wouldn’t have if not for cruising. Those people cruise as much as they want each year since it makes them happy. 

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Second chemo treatment and FIRST radiation today.  The journey begins.

Hope this works.

Best wishes for you. Mike and I will be keeping you in our thoughts. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

know I have said I was jealous of some people on here with all their cruising. Am I really jealous? Heck no! It’s just a saying. Why would I (or anyone) be jealous of someone doing what they love just like Mario. He has the best of both worlds. He gets to work and cruise at the same time. I just imagine all of their cruises, all the fun they are having and the things they are learning by going to different places. I’m happy for them if that’s what they want to do.

Totally agree. I respect Pinnacle’s and if anything maybe a little jealous. People like Mario and others have worked hard to get where they are at. Good for them.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Totally agree. I respect Pinnacle’s and if anything maybe a little jealous. People like Mario and others have worked hard to get where they are at. Good for them.

So true that they are enjoying the fruits or their labor. If they inherited it that’s also good for them. They are enjoying the fruits of someone else’s labor. 😀 I just see that little girl (adults also) that they are learning so much more and having fun while doing it. 🛳️ 

• Like 5