Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wishing Owen a great school year!

I’m sure it will be a good one. He will have his work cut out if he wants to maintain his 89.2% average. 

Football tryouts begin tonight and after supper he will be back at the arena again for open ice. Rep Hockey tryouts start Saturday. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

LOl! You know where I'm going don't you. I figure in less than 10 cruises (I will have to do a couple junior suites to get two points each night) I can reach Diamond Plus and then not have to buy the drink package. That would save us a tone of money.

We got there with grand suites that gives us 3 hour happy hour among other perks. But when we started doing them they were a lot cheaper just a little more than junior or even balcony, this was pre oasis class.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Owen and the team ought to feel really good about playing up and coming in 2nd. To me it is better to play up than to just roll over everyone else. It will help his playing so much. It’s kind of like when smaller colleges play KU in basketball and know they are going to get slaughtered. First they do it for the television money, but the college coaches say “if you want to be the best you have to play the best.” Owen should feel very proud of himself and his

Just now, lenquixote66 said:
16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Owen and the team ought to feel really good about playing up and coming in 2nd. To me it is better to play up than to just roll over everyone else. It will help his playing so much. It’s kind of like when smaller colleges play KU in basketball and know they are going to get slaughtered. First they do it for the television money, but the college coaches say “if you want to be the best you have to play the best.” Owen should feel very proud of himself and his

Enjoy your upcoming endeavors.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Oh I will. Once I get those restaurant reservations done and also our MDR reservations since we like to eat at a specific time and have the same waiters I will be great.

This cruise we got the Key. I enjoy the Chops menu in the MDR for a leisurely lunch before cabins open up.

we have the key too!  I got 12pm but I believe we will get a Key email with a different earlier time so don't worry!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Right?  Who knew?  That was one of my "bonus freebie traits" a couple months ago.... gee, thanks a lot!  LOL

I never know what kind of "gem" I'll find in my inbox each week! 🤣

Here’s a gem of a video. I follow this guy on YouTube and he got his ears cleaned in an ancient traditional way. A very interesting watch. The guy speaks numerous languages and surprises people when he talks with them in their native language. 

He also had this done. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jmh2006 said:

we have the key too!  I got 12pm but I believe we will get a Key email with a different earlier time so don't worry!

Great we will see you there. We may still leave the hotel a little early and head down to port. If nothing else just because I'm bored. I know the Key lunch is from 11am-1:30pm. In a perfect world I'm on board by 11am -11:15am make my specialty reservations and go to the Key lunch at 11:30-11:45. At some point we need to see about all of us getting together for Sail Away. Maybe Sky Bar on 12?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here’s a gem of a video. I follow this guy on YouTube and he got his ears cleaned in an ancient traditional way. A very interesting watch. The guy speaks numerous languages and surprises people when he talks with them in their native language. 

He also had this done. 

I subscribe to him too. I love his videos where he surprises people by speaking their language. I would consider having this ear wax removal done. I have always had problems.

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow is Toby’s birthday.However,we are celebrating tonight in my house.The reason for having the party tonight is that my granddaughter in college can FaceTime tonight but not tomorrow.

Happiest of Birthdays wished to Toby tomorrow!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m sure it will be a good one. He will have his work cut out if he wants to maintain his 89.2% average. 

Football tryouts begin tonight and after supper he will be back at the arena again for open ice. Rep Hockey tryouts start Saturday. 

Will you be moving to the US when he gets the US sports scholarship?

I can’t believe Grade 11, wow!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow is Toby’s birthday.However,we are celebrating tonight in my house.The reason for having the party tonight is that my granddaughter in college can FaceTime tonight but not tomorrow.

We wish Toby a very very happy and healthy birthday! And may all her birthday wishes come true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmh2006 said:

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Great we will see you there. We may still leave the hotel a little early and head down to port. If nothing else just because I'm bored. I know the Key lunch is from 11am-1:30pm. In a perfect world I'm on board by 11am -11:15am make my specialty reservations and go to the Key lunch at 11:30-11:45. At some point we need to see about all of us getting together for Sail Away. Maybe Sky Bar on 12?

I’d love to add The Key but I doubt I can convince Andy. It’s currently $35.99 pp, per day. Remember, this was a “free” cruise.  We already paid to upgrade the cabin and added excursions and dining pkg.  I think I’ve maxed out my skills of persuasion! 

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 9/4/2023 at 8:23 AM, sgmn said:

A good friend who is amazingly artistic made the cake

Here is a wedding cake she made and a cake for my other grandsons 1st birthday 

Front of cake 

IMG-20230806-WA0001.thumb.jpg.80a652f763bc527292a310536c652c68.jpg

Back of same cake

IMG-20230806-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4bfcd8672e107808cd5885e613cadd78.jpg

Grandson's 1st birthday 

20220423_180054.thumb.jpg.cc03537cae8b0690329c5934fe31482d.jpg

Some cakes are works of art! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’d love to add The Key but I doubt I can convince Andy. It’s currently $35.99 pp, per day. Remember, this was a “free” cruise.  We already paid to upgrade the cabin and added excursions and dining pkg.  I think I’ve maxed out my skills of persuasion! 

I'm grateful you splurged on our excursion to JVD! 👏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy birthday to Toby! Have a fun family evening!

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Well we got checked in for our Adventure October 21st Sailing. Oh how I hate refreshing and refreshing just waiting for that option to appear. I alternated between the app and the cruise planner on my computer. The computer opened up first. I started at 11pm CST and finally got in about 3-4 minutes after 11pm which was 12am Florida time. I was under the impression you could bypass all the information editing and go straight to pick your boarding time but it wouldn't let me even if I clicked on fill guest information later. I got a boarding time of 11:30am which was the earliest listed but I thought on previous cruises there was a 10:30 slot. I don't know if I took too long and the 10:30's got full or maybe 11:30 is the earliest. Any ideas????

I thought I was too slow checking in for our Mariner cruise, because the earliest was 11:30am. Now I’m wondering if that’s the earliest they’re offering now. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I'm glad you posted this, Every week I start the sign in process to get a time, with the hope that I can make it on board. I almost forgot this week.  And I did get 11:30.  Last week I think I got noon. 

Cannot wait for this treatment to be over and this nasty disease to be gone. 

Your attitude is helping. I’m impressed by your focus on healing and getting past this terrible period in your life.

Prayers and good thoughts from your friends are your backups. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I too like to get those early check in times.  Of course, my theory is the earlier you give them your bags, the earlier they will show up at your cabin.  

I won’t say it has usually worked out that way, because I don’t want to jinx it.   

I already have my reminder set for check in for our Symphony cruise, and check in is not till November 1.

I always think our baggage will be in the bottom of the mountain, but I still want the earliest check in. 
Even  if I were to get stuck sitting in the terminal, I would  be across the boundary line between my life and my cruise!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wish Toby a Happy Birthday for me. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I thought I was too slow checking in for our Mariner cruise, because the earliest was 11:30am. Now I’m wondering if that’s the earliest they’re offering now. 

That's what I am starting to wonder as I have gotten 10:30am before on previous cruises.