Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My knee injection has not worked very well which is what I was afraid of. Having a torn meniscus and torn ACL along with the arthritis is not helping with the injection. At this point I will suck it up and enjoy my cruise on October as much as I can and then get my replacement surgery November 3rd.

I don’t remember if you gave a brace for it, or a stretchy sleeve that you can pull up over your knee?

Anything to take the burden off it will help. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jagsfan said:

I don’t remember if you gave a brace for it, or a stretchy sleeve that you can pull up over your knee?

Anything to take the burden off it will help. 

Yes I’m buying a new brace we will see if it helps.

22 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning.  My dad in Australia, ordered a handmade crochet gift from a friend in Hong Kong for the daughter of friends in Hungary.5F9A7EE6-FC72-4693-BFEE-9EED5D887FF9.thumb.jpeg.f206f787a94fd05635457c6ac398b2d5.jpeg

Dad paid for the  lovely bunny & mini ballerina. 
Dad also received an unexpected bonus gift from his friend just for him. Cute koala in surf life saving gear.C796E217-BBC2-4243-BD54-4A6642B55E9B.thumb.jpeg.338917789ecfc9d12c8d71fab4a98b2c.jpeg

The family in Hungary said please don’t post bunny etc just yet, as they are currently holidaying in the Dolomites in Italy.
A photo from their trip.  Look at these cable car cabins.  I looked them up, they are historic but fully operational and known as coffin lifts.  Located in Sassolungo, Dolomites.FF32036F-AA0F-4331-AF15-0E08DFD20790.thumb.jpeg.838c728b84eccd852a4d938671c84500.jpeg

One person st a time? It’s scary enough when you have company!

@Sea Dog Greg, sorry that the injection hasn't been very beneficial to your knee.  I'm sure you'll have a lovely cruise next month in spite of it.  

@DaniDanielle Marietta, Valentina is a very pretty young lady! I hope all of her birthday wishes come true.

@sgmn Sue what beautiful cakes.  Congratulations on your family's celebrations.

I too hope all is well with @singinalot Crystal and Nate's home in Florida.

@brillohead Debi, so sorry for your loss.

I hope all are having a peaceful Labor Day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I just got the call that she passed this afternoon.  I'm sure there will be plenty of stories at the reunion this month.  

And yes, one of the DNA services actually said that my genes have longevity in them... they got that one right!

So sorry to hear about her passing.   May she RIP🙏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Advice needed. Looking for some advice for our pre-cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale staying at the Riverside Hotel. Las Olas Blvd has a lot of restaurants and bars. Looking to hear from anyone who has been and to what they liked. We were hoping the famous Mai Kai would be done in their refurbishment but it does not look good. We also were thinking of going to the Wreck Bar to see their Mermaid Show but the tickets are pretty expensive and the reviews are mixed. We are planning on using the water taxi to see the sites and are looking for recommendations near some of their stops. Any advice???

The Boat House at Riverside has a pretty good happy hour.  There is a Publix within walking distance for water or wine.  

• Like 1

Just now, cruiselvr04 said:

The Boat House at Riverside has a pretty good happy hour.  There is a Publix within walking distance for water or wine.  

I really liked their menu and you can eat by the water and watch the boats go back and forth. We are planning on eating their our first night.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:29 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Also, it looks a bit like the one on St. Maarten where my brother and I had the experience of being blasted with the jet exhaust of a 747 spooling up for takeoff. I wish our parents had caught a picture. Surfing the fence. It was good to be young and stupid. I will never forget it!🙂

I was middle-aged and stupid the first & only I did it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Getting ready to head to Cincinnati for our daughter's wedding this weekend.  I'll be offline for a few days.  As far as we can tell, everything is ready to go!  Put the finishing touches on my father of the bride toast yesterday.  My only concern at this point is the father-daughter dance.  My daughter went with I'll be your Man by the Zac Brown Band.  The lyrics are great but it's not a traditional slow dance (she doesn't want that) and the beat is somewhere between fast and slow.  I still have to figure out how to dance to that song.  🤷‍♂️🕺

• Like 24

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting ready to head to Cincinnati for our daughter's wedding this weekend.  I'll be offline for a few days.  As far as we can tell, everything is ready to go!  Put the finishing touches on my father of the bride toast yesterday.  My only concern at this point is the father-daughter dance.  My daughter went with I'll be your Man by the Zac Brown Band.  The lyrics are great but it's not a traditional slow dance (she doesn't want that) and the beat is somewhere between fast and slow.  I still have to figure out how to dance to that song.  🤷‍♂️🕺

Have the best wedding weekend ever!  Congratulations 🍾

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Getting ready to head to Cincinnati for our daughter's wedding this weekend.  I'll be offline for a few days.  As far as we can tell, everything is ready to go! 

Hope it is a great wedding, and everything goes as planned.  Looking forward to seeing some photos.  It looks like great weather for the weekend.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1