Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Day two on the Silver River.  Got out much earlier this time to avoid the huge crowds...big payoff.  Much more relaxing and more wildlife.   Turtles, Anhingas, Wood Ducks, lots of fish, and one ancestor of the escaped monkeys from the zoo.  River has dozens of "boils" that are natural springs that bubble up from the bottom that contribute to the fresh water constant flow.  

Speaking of all the wildlife you saw and took pictures of, you forgot to mention Bucky. 😁

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, I need the details on this....  thank you

Silver springs used to be an amusement park, with rides and a zoo.  It went belly up, and the state turned it into a state park.  Still kept the glass bottom boats.  They start at the head springs (huge boil of fresh water that starts the river off).  Old movies and TV series were filmed here as well.  Many huge "boils" that feed the river.  Super crystal clear.  

It is located about 4 miles east of Ocala Florida on state road 40.   There is a nice campground, fortunately separated from the "day use" area and kayak launch.  

They tore down the old rides that were falling apart, and got rid of the zoo...except for Rhesus monkeys that had escaped with their ancestors still living wild in the park.  They are a nuisance, but also a tourist attraction.  

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Speaking of all the wildlife you saw and took pictures of, you forgot to mention Bucky. 😁

LOL...Yeah...he is indeed a big part of the wildlife I saw.  😄    He named his kayak "Mellow Mango"....mine, that you only see the front part of.. is "Miss Scarlet"  (she is a sweet and sexy southern Belle).   

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I use TripAdvisor a lot for research, but I've never rated or posted anything there.  I should probably rate things there so that I'm contributing back.

I've found TripAdvisor very useful, and contributed back -- was a top reviewer....

It is through TripAdvisor that I've found cruise critic -- I was before a Galapagos cruise (alone, DH categorically declared that "he's not flying half the world to see some turtles...") and I kept asking lots of questions from their "destination expert"...

I gather at some moment she got fed up with me, and pointed me to cc, where, indeed, I found a wealth of info.

I'm glad I've asked so many questions on TripAdvisor....😉

Beside TA and CC, I have a FB account, which I access mainly to read posts of like-minded political views. I'm very picky accepting "friends", and had no qualms unfriending some...

Instagram - just to follow Bella and Captain Kate [and her naked cat] from Celebrity Edge, who is sometimes hilarious.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wait for it... she moved to chase the sun. She’d make a good cruiser, except for the all day chair hogging on the deck. 

With Lucy sleeping so much during the day, I wonder how she is spending her nights....😉

BTW, no BBQ pictures???

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I've found TripAdvisor very useful, and contributed back -- was a top reviewer....

It is through TripAdvisor that I've found cruise critic -- I was before a Galapagos cruise (alone, DH categorically declared that "he's not flying half the world to see some turtles...") and I kept asking lots of questions from their "destination expert"...

I gather at some moment she got fed up with me, and pointed me to cc, where, indeed, I found a wealth of info.

I'm glad I've asked so many questions on TripAdvisor....😉

Beside TA and CC, I have a FB account, which I access mainly to read posts of like-minded political views. I'm very picky accepting "friends", and had no qualms unfriending some...

Instagram - just to follow Bella and Captain Kate [and her naked cat] from Celebrity Edge, who is sometimes hilarious.

Trip Advisor is great.I am not sure how I found CC.It May have been TA.

• Like 1

Eric went shopping for new riding mower.  He has narrowed down to a husqvarna or john deere model.   I personally like the husqvarna as hecwould get more hp with large blade than john deere model for similar price.   He's doing more research online tonight and will make decision tomorrow as only 1 husqvarna left in stock.  

Eric's transplant coordinator emailed me today saying they are monitoring antibodies for transplant recipients that have been fully vaccinated.  He is to get blood work end of april, 4 weeks after his 2nd dose of pfizer.  And they will check his antibodies every 2 months when he goes for regular labs.  Will be very interested in these results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Holocaust Remembrance Day -- 

A siren was sounded at 10am -- people and cars stood in silence for 2 mins.

IMG_6106.jpg

IMG_6105.jpg

Very emotional and chilling to actually see and be part of these solemn moments in person.  I was amazed how everyone really stands still, like statues .   Dani, I think you posted similar photos last year?  I hope you continue to do so.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani, I think you posted similar photos last year? 

No, I didn't, since we were in total lockdown....

There were no ceremonies .... even the families of the fallen soldiers were not allowed to visit the military cemeteries on the eve of Independence Day.