Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Only in the pandemic would the mods  allow the threads become this large. The humor thread is longer at  over 700 pages .  

The Mods actually tried to put the humor thread into the "generalist section"...and some members complained...so they brought it back. 😉 

• Like 1

Nice day on the Silver River today.  One shot is of one of the many natural springs that bubble out of the ground...and is actually 30 feet deep at that spot.  Turtles were cute as they were lining up on the "gangplank".   

20210406_104854.jpg

20210406_105331.jpg

20210406_105655.jpg

20210406_105919.jpg

20210406_110449.jpg

20210406_110719.jpg

20210406_120955.jpg

• Like 16

1 minute ago, mo&fran said:

I don't think  the other cruise line threads are getting anywhere new the same amount of activity as RCI. 

I agree and this thread has been popular every single day of its 370 days duration and everyone is posting friendly and respectful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice day on the Silver River today.  One shot is of one of the many natural springs that bubble out of the ground...and is actually 30 feet deep at that spot.  Turtles were cute as they were lining up on the "gangplank".   

20210406_104854.jpg

20210406_105331.jpg

20210406_105655.jpg

20210406_105919.jpg

20210406_110449.jpg

20210406_110719.jpg

20210406_120955.jpg

Nice scenic photos Pat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Nice but no way. This thread couldn't ever be duplicated. Like Woodstock. It is/was unpredicted and evolved into something great.  I'll protest any name change to Dani's thread. ✌️🍻

I have a cousin who was there. My opinion is I'd rather hear the stories rather than experience it myself.

• Like 7

Nice but no way. This thread couldn't ever be duplicated. Like Woodstock. It is/was unpredicted and evolved into something great.  I'll protest any name change to Dani's thread. ✌️🍻

"Friends of Dani"? I don't mind if the current name of Dani's thread continues as is.  Woodstock was an iconic once in a lifetime event. I can't compare the two but I do get your point.  Peace ✌️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm really hoping someone tries this and reports back on how it worked.  

We were watching reruns of Iron Chef America on Sat night. Potato chips were the secret ingredient. Alex Guarnichelli made mashed potatoes with them. (I might not have spelled her name correctly.) The guests had mixed reviews.

• Like 2

Likewise, I have no interest in it changing.  I was just commenting on how the lockdown is utterly finished for me, that is all.  I'm grateful for my freedom and my friends.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, island lady said:

Made it to Silver Springs State Park yesterday afternoon.  Easy set up, nice large site which is one of our favorites with full hook up (sewer) so I don't have to feel guilty taking my shower in the land yacht and filling up the gray water tank.  😉 

Blackened shrimp on the griddle followed our happy hour on the "patio".  

Today, taking the kayaks down the beautiful and crystal clear Silver River.  It's a natural spring, with various movies and TV shows that have been shot here on location over the years.  Sea Hunt (for you other oldsters) was one of them.  They also filmed some of the old Tarzan movies.  Lots of Manatees floating around, which are sooo tame.  🙂 

Old zoo used to be here as well, with monkeys that escaped and are still here.  We see them often.  

I also travel with a bird feeder and feeder pole, which is up now with grateful "tweets" from the locals. 

You're in my neighborhood.  

And I'm in yours😉

16177511026863657535681483930891.thumb.jpg.189c6d2ed7b2041de8d011ee6eb04fe6.jpg

• Like 1

Happy to report:

1) I got the Pfizer vaccine shot 1 today. I know, unbelievable, finally occurred for me in New Jersey. It was under the auspices of a hospital .... they are using a community center and there must have been at least 150 people on line (in queue) wrapping around the building outside. I thought I might be there forever, but the line moved rapidly and there were at least 20 people doing the registration and 20 doing the shots. It took about 50 minutes total including the time in line and the 15 minutes waiting post-vaccine shot. 

I don't want to jinx myself but barely nothing in terms of a reaction so far.  I expected more pain or something when getting the shot but it was barely anything. 

2) My husband and I went out to dinner. My birthday was yesterday. 

3) I took these photos on the way back to our house after dinner.

Local reservoir..... 3 shots:

20210406_190633.thumb.jpg.961f0328ddb1745b90b6c51eb58be31a.jpg

20210406_190809.thumb.jpg.dbb632099ab3cc2bacf6c0a8bf76c083.jpg

20210406_190819.thumb.jpg.6b0e9d4fcb6b10a751b279f1b3772bb5.jpg

Further magnolia blooming:

20210406_191840.thumb.jpg.a954a03d35fbf0217e762c05e0d8ce1f.jpg

Hope you are all doing well. 

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Happy to report:

1) I got the Pfizer vaccine shot 1 today. I know, unbelievable, finally occurred for me in New Jersey. It was under the auspices of a hospital .... they are using a community center and there must have been at least 150 people on line (in queue) wrapping around the building outside. I thought I might be there forever, but the line moved rapidly and there were at least 20 people doing the registration and 20 doing the shots. It took about 50 minutes total including the time in line and the 15 minutes waiting post-vaccine shot. 

I don't want to jinx myself but barely nothing in terms of a reaction so far.  I expected more pain or something when getting the shot but it was barely anything. 

20210406_190633.thumb.jpg.961f0328ddb1745b90b6c51eb58be31a.jpg

20210406_190809.thumb.jpg.dbb632099ab3cc2bacf6c0a8bf76c083.jpg

20210406_190819.thumb.jpg.6b0e9d4fcb6b10a751b279f1b3772bb5.jpg

I hope you are enjoying your birthday week!  Happy Birthday and many more😊

Congrats on getting shot #1. 

Beautiful photos.

Edited by Sunshine3601

14 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Happy to report:

1) I got the Pfizer vaccine shot 1 today.

First of all, congratulations on your birthday.

Congratulations on getting the hot today as well.

And lastly, the photos are amazing. A great couple of days all around. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you are enjoying your birthday week!  Happy Birthday and many more😊

Congrats on getting shot #1. 

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

First of all, congratulations on your birthday.  Congratulations on getting the shot today as well. And lastly, the photos are amazing. A great couple of days all around. 

Thank you!

Was a nice few days, Easter with the family.... and then the birthday and then the vaccine. 

Anne aka Annie (mets07) 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mets07 said:

Happy to report:

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on getting your #1 shot. And no reaction is good news. I felt fine after the first one. 2nd is in two weeks. Your magnolia is beautiful. Ours didn't do much this year because we had it severely pruned during the summer. But next year it will be back. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We ran into some friends from San Diego so we capped the day off at Red Robin and then all headed for home in opposite directions.

I love this thread and camaraderie and friendship it has fostered but it seems odd to continue posting on this thread, a thread about life in lockdowns.  My life has returned completely to normal.  I'm working long hours, we eat in restaurants, we're going to church, we're going to amusement parks. I will be traveling extensively starting this week.  My first of four flights over the next two months is Friday.  Except for having to wear a mask occasionally inside sometimes and not being able to cruise, my life is no different today than it was in February of 2020. 

Hopefully, we'll all be back on a ship soon.

So, about a year ago, I declared you the best poster ever.  How did I not notice you the 3-4 prior years?

• Like 1