Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

32°F cold but sunny this morning.

Pauline is working from home downstairs so I am upstairs ringing customers and watching TV.

It was confirmed yesterday by our PM that non essential shops and hairdressers in England can open next Monday after being closed since December 30th plus bars and restaurants can open outside seating only.

I hope everyone is well and staying safe.

Graham.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It was confirmed yesterday by our PM that non essential shops and hairdressers in England can open next Monday after being closed since December 30th plus bars and restaurants can open outside seating only.

Great news, Graham.

Small, but sure steps toward return to a "semblance" of normalcy 👍

• Like 1

That’s good that more places are getting back to semi-normal. We have noticed several differences in the states we have traveled through on this trip. 

We left Savannah yesterday to make our way north to Pennsylvania.  I can’t remember ever seeing as many vehicles broken down along side the road as we did yesterday.  At least 50 in our drive from Georgia to West Virginia, where we spent the night.  That, plus a couple major wrecks that brought two of the interstates to a standstill, and added 2.5 hours to our travel time.  

It was time for a well deserved meal

633E78EF-FE12-4570-925F-BD9D31D521C5.thumb.jpeg.9e7eadcabdb8b9a3216bdea5bcf3a8bc.jpeg

We did manage to get in a hike around this lake in West Virginia. It was relaxing after a day in the car. 

A76DEB30-6FEC-435E-B0C2-1FF4C4697183.thumb.jpeg.0e7732d0c2c40a2545b3410b5b1cb37d.jpeg

We also came across an original West Virginia courthouse (no joke, that is what this really was)

73EB2B00-9815-4441-85EE-670C1D760A0B.thumb.jpeg.95fd2c07640ede65be348e9525866267.jpeg

Even this email from Primanti Brothers couldn’t entice me to drive further. 

BD869D2A-C51A-47C9-BB22-CBABCBB4431A.thumb.jpeg.ba241865893a406a7626e82a1bba12ea.jpeg

Will make the rest of our road trip home today. 

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Even this email from Primanti Brothers couldn’t entice me to drive further. 

BD869D2A-C51A-47C9-BB22-CBABCBB4431A.thumb.jpeg.ba241865893a406a7626e82a1bba12ea.jpeg

You have better restraint than I do!  Unless of course the free beer in question is IC Light.  I wouldn't drive to the end of my driveway for a free IC Light.  Nah...who am I kidding?  Free beer is free beer! 🍺

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Sheal said:

Wow!  I'm not a fan of the real s'mores, but this is a work of art.  I'm sure it tasted incredible.

Thanks for taking us along, this has really piqued my interest in seeing that part of the country.

Graham, you and Pauline always look so nice.  She has such incredible taste.  I could use some help in that department and getting the DH to put on a suit is a struggle. 

This was not at all what I envisioned.  When I heard Rustica Pizza , I was thinking just a messy pizza. I do rustic apple tarts fairly often and it means not too fussy.  This certainly was not thrown together!   

OMG X 10.  Do you have to worry about these things being out at night?  Where do they go?

I don't have a foo foo poodle but mine is pretty small.

I don't see them much at all in our back yard.  They pretty much stick to the many ponds around the community and the large wildlife area (swamp) we have near us.  This one was annoyed due to a few golf carts with visiting relatives (tourists), walkers, and their barking dogs on the side of the road, all pointing and taking pictures of the big dude.  Rare for them to walk through during the middle of the day.  

He simply got up and left the noisy onlookers for quieter surroundings.  There is another pond away from the road he usually prefers.  

Made it to Silver Springs State Park yesterday afternoon.  Easy set up, nice large site which is one of our favorites with full hook up (sewer) so I don't have to feel guilty taking my shower in the land yacht and filling up the gray water tank.  😉 

Blackened shrimp on the griddle followed our happy hour on the "patio".  

Today, taking the kayaks down the beautiful and crystal clear Silver River.  It's a natural spring, with various movies and TV shows that have been shot here on location over the years.  Sea Hunt (for you other oldsters) was one of them.  They also filmed some of the old Tarzan movies.  Lots of Manatees floating around, which are sooo tame.  🙂 

Old zoo used to be here as well, with monkeys that escaped and are still here.  We see them often.  

I also travel with a bird feeder and feeder pole, which is up now with grateful "tweets" from the locals. 

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Made it to Silver Springs State Park yesterday afternoon.  Easy set up, nice large site which is one of our favorites with full hook up (sewer) so I don't have to feel guilty taking my shower in the land yacht and filling up the gray water tank.  😉 

Blackened shrimp on the griddle followed our happy hour on the "patio".  

Today, taking the kayaks down the beautiful and crystal clear Silver River.  It's a natural spring, with various movies and TV shows that have been shot here on location over the years.  Sea Hunt (for you other oldsters) was one of them.  They also filmed some of the old Tarzan movies.  Lots of Manatees floating around, which are sooo tame.  🙂 

Old zoo used to be here as well, with monkeys that escaped and are still here.  We see them often.  

I also travel with a bird feeder and feeder pole, which is up now with grateful "tweets" from the locals. 

Sounds like you have a great day ahead of you.  Enjoy🤩

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like you have a great day ahead of you.  Enjoy🤩

Thanks...like our other members here...trying to get out of our usual "hidey hole" to get out to see something other than our own house.  😉 

• Like 3

One of the girls I used to work with had a part time job on weekends off.

She purchased an older van and used to be a "YODER TOADER' on weekends.

For $10 bucks a person (van could comfortably hold 8, and shopping parcels), she would transport the Amish to WalMart, Sam's club (they were members)  and the Mall, and then to dinner.  In our area Outback was a common place for dinner. She would do her shopping, and didn't care and made some money on the side.  They did tip well she said and paid for her dinner.

Also she would have 3-4 days a week where the Amish kids, would hang out in her finished basement and charge all their electronics,  Yup the kids had phones, hand held games.  They would catch up on their devices until they went dead again.

She lived on a farm about 5 miles from the nearest Amish family and it was amazing how many kids could fit in a buggy.

Yup she would charge them and provided soft drinks and cookies. 

I laughed so hard the first time I heard "YODER TOADER"

Stay healthy

• Like 7

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Taking along a bird feeder is an awesome idea.  I would never have thought of that.

• Like 3

Well day off yesterday was great.  DD and family drove south and we met in at Six Flag Magic Mountain for a great day of fun.  Six Flags did their best overcoming the challenges of distancing and reduced capacity to give you a fun day but still the lines were long. Work has been long days and wearying.  It was great to have the whole gang with us hanging out doing fun stuff for a day.  

IMG_0142.thumb.jpeg.4994b1fd6df4262079986fde149f2ca0.jpeg

Full Throttle was the first ride of the day.  Unfortunately the line was about an hour.

IMG_0144.thumb.jpeg.6c9f613a637ca67698cbc225ab32311d.jpeg

When we broke for lunch these Canadian Honkers came by to remind me of home.

IMG_0145.thumb.jpeg.13e5be9458e2d813da0fef43072887f8.jpeg

I had to show my 15 year old GS and my SIL what a real basketball player looks like

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 6

We ran into some friends from San Diego so we capped the day off at Red Robin and then all headed for home in opposite directions.

I love this thread and camaraderie and friendship it has fostered but it seems odd to continue posting on this thread, a thread about life in lockdowns.  My life has returned completely to normal.  I'm working long hours, we eat in restaurants, we're going to church, we're going to amusement parks. I will be traveling extensively starting this week.  My first of four flights over the next two months is Friday.  Except for having to wear a mask occasionally inside sometimes and not being able to cruise, my life is no different today than it was in February of 2020. 

Hopefully, we'll all be back on a ship soon.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That’s good that more places are getting back to semi-normal. We have noticed several differences in the states we have traveled through on this trip. 

We left Savannah yesterday to make our way north to Pennsylvania.  I can’t remember ever seeing as many vehicles broken down along side the road as we did yesterday.  At least 50 in our drive from Georgia to West Virginia, where we spent the night.  That, plus a couple major wrecks that brought two of the interstates to a standstill, and added 2.5 hours to our travel time.  

It was time for a well deserved meal

633E78EF-FE12-4570-925F-BD9D31D521C5.thumb.jpeg.9e7eadcabdb8b9a3216bdea5bcf3a8bc.jpeg

We did manage to get in a hike around this lake in West Virginia. It was relaxing after a day in the car. 

A76DEB30-6FEC-435E-B0C2-1FF4C4697183.thumb.jpeg.0e7732d0c2c40a2545b3410b5b1cb37d.jpeg

We also came across an original West Virginia courthouse (no joke, that is what this really was)

73EB2B00-9815-4441-85EE-670C1D760A0B.thumb.jpeg.95fd2c07640ede65be348e9525866267.jpeg

Will make the rest of our road trip home today. 

Looks like the Clampetts home before they struck oil, black gold, Texas tea!

So nice to read and see pictures of all the road trips. 

DH and I are planning to drive to NJ this summer to see our daughter and family.  It will be well over a year since we saw them last.

Safe travels to those traveling thru our beautiful country. Keep those photos coming.  

OOOOps, sorry for quoting the photos.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We ran into some friends from San Diego so we capped the day off at Red Robin and then all headed for home in opposite directions.

I love this thread and camaraderie and friendship it has fostered but it seems odd to continue posting on this thread, a thread about life in lockdowns.  My life has returned completely to normal.  

It shouldn't seem odd. Threads on CC evolve as warrented.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We could change it to Routine Day with Friends Who Helped Us Through!

Nice but no way. This thread couldn't ever be duplicated. Like Woodstock. It is/was unpredicted and evolved into something great.  I'll protest any name change to Dani's thread. ✌️🍻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Nice but no way. This thread couldn't ever be duplicated. Like Woodstock. It is/was unpredicted and evolved into something great.  I'll protest any name change to Dani's thread. ✌️🍻

Okay, we will keep it, no protesting😳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, derorim said:

Taking along a bird feeder is an awesome idea.  I would never have thought of that.

Yeah, I have a big soft spot in my heart for birds.  Funny how that huge Alligator actually was blind sided to my bird feeder pole and ran right into it the other day!  

Have Cardinals and Titmouse birds in my "camp feeder" right now.  🙂 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I am with you you on that!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1