Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great pictures.  We will definitely visit there sometime soon.  We even looked into staying at the Greyfield Inn on the island for a weekend (where JFK Jr. secretly got married).  At about $1000 per night with a min 2 night stay, we'll pass.  

I would too.  The ferry is much less, and you could camp if you wanted to spend some nights there 

I was shocked at all the free parking in St. Marys.  Never see that most places we have been. 

Today, we are in Savannah.  Forsyth park is busy. 

F3461F44-92AD-40B5-9F7E-AD9CA875C95D.thumb.jpeg.58e7493c8f098d5f8db56c6673c45cea.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Today, the last day of Passover, we walked through a Pomelo grove (lots of wasted fruits on the ground). We tried one - very tasty.

Pity I can't transfer the amazing scent of the flowers in full bloom.

_DSC3533.jpg

I always admired the beauty of Israel's flowers. I loved to take walks and pass such lovely flowering bushes. Intoxicating scent. Many wildflowers as well.

When we lived in Israel, my MIL sent us to buy fresh baked bread the night Passover ended. It was a long, pleasant walk.  When we got back to my MIL, she asked where the bread was. My DH felt guilty holding an empty bag. We both did.  Back we went.  Israeli bread is the best. Crusty, firm on the outside and soft deliciousness on the inside, especially when still warm out of the oven.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well, my last update on receiving the Moderna vaccine dose #2 this past Thursday.

I was sluggish yesterday, kinda just rested watching TV and took a nap.

Ate dinner (Pizza and salad) kept drinking water.

Felt a little achy, but not terrible, did 2 loads of wash.

Went to bed early for me at 9:30pm.

About 3:30am woke up, do not know if I woke up because I had to P or because I had a headache.

Yup, on a scale of 1-10 it was about a 7.  Enough to catch my attention.

Took 800mg. of Ibuprophen (there goes the ulcer on an empty stomach).

Fell back to sleep, got up at 8 am.

I feel back to normal.

No complaints this morning.

So all in all if it weren't for the tired feeling, and that late headache that quickly resolved, this second dose I  overall did very well.

So I agree with what has been posted, different people have different side effects.  Mine were tolerable.

Oh you want to hear something freaky.

I live with chronic knee pain and I notice it more when I kneel on the pew in church or walk down stairs.

Um, I have no pain.  Actually no pain since Friday about 24 hours after injection.

This is the same thing that happened after vaccine shot #1 and lasted about 2 weeks.

Now mind you I know the chemist in developing this vaccine used RNA as a messenger and it has not other effect once it formed the carrier effect, but................................................just saying

Stay healthy

Glad to hear you feel better and hopefully your knee pain will be gone too!

Something freaky Eric noticed this week.  He has had a recurring wart on his knuckle for many years.  We had our 2nd dose of third march 25th and he noticed the other day his wart has completely vanished.   Hoping it doesn't grow back, but we thought that was odd!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad to hear you feel better and hopefully your knee pain will be gone too!

Something freaky Eric noticed this week.  He has had a recurring wart on his knuckle for many years.  We had our 2nd dose of third march 25th and he noticed the other day his wart has completely vanished.   Hoping it doesn't grow back, but we thought that was odd!

That sounds like a great extra bonus for Eric.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Omg that is funny😺  did you go in?  I would have to check it out.

Didn’t go in, but my wife took this blurry picture 😂😂. It appears there were several people in there. 

3F0DE290-0A3C-42D2-A528-34C26B595732.thumb.jpeg.0a5700ea7262f8ac966203f4c37c1457.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Today, the last day of Passover, we walked through a Pomelo grove (lots of wasted fruits on the ground). We tried one - very tasty.

Pity I can't transfer the amazing scent of the flowers in full bloom.

_DSC3533.jpg

The orange blossoms in the Cordoba Mezquite courtyard were indescribable 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Ribeyes tonight. 

8DF3E688-CA2F-4F41-B276-54D08D7C4319.thumb.jpeg.e08e9d0596f85c9743e8fb702e3ae053.jpeg

0738DF15-FDAD-48D9-91A5-9DD2304A841E.thumb.jpeg.e8784c067542355e3ad8d0ffd3b405ce.jpeg

How long does it take for foil wrapped potatoes on the grill? Gas or charcoal? We have charcoal. I remember camping trips and we would slice potatoes and onions, add some butter and wrap in foil. They were always yummy.

I've never had ribeye. But they do look good!

9 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

How long does it take for foil wrapped potatoes on the grill? Gas or charcoal? We have charcoal. I remember camping trips and we would slice potatoes and onions, add some butter and wrap in foil. They were always yummy.

I've never had ribeye. But they do look good!

We wash and then precook them in the microwave until they are soft. We then brush them butter and sprinkle them with garlic salt. Then warp in foil.  I put them on the gas grill when I light it an I flip them occasionally while the steaks cook. 

As for the ribeyes they are delicious.😋

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We wash and then precook them in the microwave until they are soft. We then brush them butter and sprinkle them with garlic salt. Then warp in foil.  I put them on the gas grill when I light it an I flip them occasionally while the steaks cook. 

As for the ribeyes they are delicious.😋

That makes sense. I was afraid they would burn before getting done. 

Thanks!