Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is true.

I didnt know the wait included remedsivir too.  I had heard people that had monoclonal antibodies should wait 90 days, except Eric as transplant doc told him to only wait 30 days from when he received the monoclonal antibody infusion.  Which we did and he was fine and fully vaccinated with pfizer.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Someone from each of the different regions of the UK are chosen to represent the civil service departments at the Queen's Royal Garden Party every year based on their achievements in their job.

Probably about 10 and their partners are chosen  out of 430,000 civil servants.

We had a 2 night all expenses paid trip to London and an invite to Buckingham Palace and Afternoon Tea in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.

Wow!  That is quite an honor.  I'm sure she deserved it.  I hope you both had fun honoring her and others.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Astrozenica.  It would mean waiting for several other groups ahead of me if I wanted the Moderna or Pfizer 

I imagine picking and choosing which you want would be a challenge.  I don't know how Ontario works.  In BC each health district is managing it themselves it appears and there doesn't seem to be info on which vaccine is being distributed.  

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I imagine picking and choosing which you want would be a challenge.  I don't know how Ontario works.  In BC each health district is managing it themselves it appears and there doesn't seem to be info on which vaccine is being distributed.  

Right now they just opened up pharmacies and all the pharmacies are getting is the Astrozenica. the vaccination clinics run by the health departments get the Pfizer and Modernana and you get what the6 have...no choosing.

Different criteria depending on where you go.  Pharmacies are 55 to I think 70 starting tomorrow because of some of the concerns they had with Astrozenica for other age groups. 

The clinics are open to the various priority groups as well as 70 and up.

I fall into the 55 and up category for the pharmacies and would also fall into one of the priority groups for the clinics expected in the next month so I could pick and choose.  Most do not have that option. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So a little bit of decadence this afternoon when I stopped for lunch.  It's called a 's'mores milkshake from The Mug Shakes Restaurant

I keep saying I'm going to get back on track with my weight and exercise but so far I've just been one giant catastrophic failure!  

IMG_0130.jpeg

Whoa, can you say calories?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Where we live is SE ON we have been tracking the roll out by our Public Health Unit.  It is mainly Pfizer at 3 of the clinics and Moderna at the other 2.

I know some people that got their first doses yesterday and in checking in on four of them 2 are doing very well with the Pfizer. One has had it a bit rougher with Pfizer and the other got Moderna at a different clinic and they too are feeling run down today. They are all happy that today was a day off helping their recovery. 

My mom at 79 got Pfizer and said it wasn’t any worse than the flu shot. I wonder if some have less pain tolerance than others. Just happy to see them given. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

Ok, how about some travel photos, from one of those fully vaccinated people.  Today, we took the ferry from St. Marys, Georgia to Cumberland Island.  It was a little cool on the 45 minute crossing, but was a beautiful day for exploring the island. 

One of the main attractions is the dungeness ruins, an 1884 mansion built by Thomas Carnegie

6502E2E7-3490-4E12-9205-3F2D107E1718.thumb.jpeg.2ec92b9631dbd4aa65518ba39563e451.jpeg

A02F87F6-837F-40FB-9DF7-A3D471109BED.thumb.jpeg.fc60a206b9b812d003c08d40aebd87a4.jpeg

The island is home to many wild horses

5C2C1D89-E72C-4AC1-A9E3-A81D368C3494.thumb.jpeg.a8beb32ba9ac7aefb7be28d9a493e666.jpeg

I love the paths and unique trees

0C6877A7-10AC-4F16-8B89-DFE8B5D6CA2C.thumb.jpeg.6729330adaebf259f83289b9d48ed3f4.jpeg

84126980-6E86-4FFC-916C-A1DE6A9AD5B6.thumb.jpeg.5ef1b0a294032dd15393c05d9c2d87a7.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

My wife got her first shot this past Wednesday . Gets her 2nd on the 20th. She has had no problems with first dose. I get my first shot on the 7th and 2nd shot on the 28th. Maryland has made vaccine available to everyone now.. It took over a month of waiting for us over 60's to get our appointment.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Astrozenica.  It would mean waiting for several other groups ahead of me if I wanted the Moderna or Pfizer 

I would have chosen to wait.  

That said, I am sure it is great.

Sigh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dbancroft said:

My wife got her first shot this past Wednesday . Gets her 2nd on the 20th. She has had no problems with first dose. I get my first shot on the 7th and 2nd shot on the 28th. Maryland has made vaccine available to everyone now.. It took over a month of waiting for us over 60's to get our appointment.

There are quite a few of us receiving our second shots on 4-20. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Coralc said:

There are quite a few of us receiving our second shots on 4-20. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Hopefully the vaccinators will not be partaking in said celebrations until after their shift is done 😀

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2021 at 10:17 AM, davekathy said:

Yep, wish I would have thought of it first. I ride a 2006 HD so I guess I could use Twin Cam 88.  

I Ride My Own (20)12 Harley Davidson :-)  Yup, it's the one in my profile picture!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow!  That is quite an honor.  I'm sure she deserved it.  I hope you both had fun honoring her and others.

Thanks we did.

There was about 200 people there from Military, Charity,NHS, Mayor's etc.

IMG_20160510_173423.jpg

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks we did. There was about 200 people there from Military, Charity, NHS, Mayor's etc.

Indeed, a great honor to be there as a guest of HM.

I'm a big "fan", and was there as a "paying guest" whenever was an exhibition of the royal jewels, or dresses.

P1020556.JPG

P1020563.JPG

P1020572.JPG

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

My mom at 79 got Pfizer and said it wasn’t any worse than the flu shot. I wonder if some have less pain tolerance than others. Just happy to see them given. 

I think skill level of the person making the injection, and probably a little bit of luck on where exactly in the muscle the needle goes, have a lot to do with the amount of pain you feel.  I got 2 shots in the arm weekly when I was trying to get rid of my mold allergies.  These were pretty small needles and almost always delivered by the same person.  Sometimes I literally felt nothing.  Mostly, I felt a tiny *****.  Rarely, it hurt more than a little.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Ok, how about some travel photos, from one of those fully vaccinated people.  Today, we took the ferry from St. Marys, Georgia to Cumberland Island.  It was a little cool on the 45 minute crossing, but was a beautiful day for exploring the island. 

One of the main attractions is the dungeness ruins, an 1884 mansion built by Thomas Carnegie

Great pictures.  We will definitely visit there sometime soon.  We even looked into staying at the Greyfield Inn on the island for a weekend (where JFK Jr. secretly got married).  At about $1000 per night with a min 2 night stay, we'll pass.  

• Like 4