Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I would try it! :classic_biggrin: They are not really any different than seasoned potato flakes like garlic mashed. We haven't made real mashed potatoes in like, forever. Too much trouble for 2 people. 

The only problem is that we don't usually have half &half in our refrigerator. 

Yesterday, with snow in the forecast in Pennsylvania, it was time to get out of town. Our drive was mostly in the rain, but it stopped by the time we got to North Carolina.  Did a hike on a little trail here, and it was obvious how much rain they had. 

a unique use of old railroad parts

4C0B8329-9442-4EC9-99E0-AC4C219F9FE3.thumb.jpeg.40f2647455a4f8f29ef36d00021a13d7.jpeg

took time to ring the bell

• Like 4

This is our go to place in North Carolina, whenever we are traveling.  Right off I-77 at exit 85

6263B8B6-5DFE-491B-B3E3-0258BB759701.thumb.jpeg.9de389810ee6b8c85ffbe835337617d1.jpeg

they have a pond with lots of gold fish

B248A96A-CD80-49F8-BDF8-E0583B308772.thumb.jpeg.093306fb56044407f36034ba45cd5a57.jpeg

For supper, some wine, a nice salad...

9815F365-F72A-41CE-A974-5C6773BEF8AC.thumb.jpeg.bdbfd02b7b8c78c9de5f666599333bdd.jpeg

and seafood (shrimp, scallops, and fish

C3C6F78B-EE21-4A06-96B2-09A5481ED376.thumb.jpeg.bc4b6870bd5f74db3933dc26b3f217e5.jpeg

Today, back on the road to Georgia. 

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

OHIO weather. 

Tuesday 71 degrees. 

Wednesday rain 

Today snow. 

Off to get second moderna. 

Sounds like Ontario, only we didn't get snow last night.  Still a chance later today though. 

Go and get that second shot.

17 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I used to watch Swamp hunters on TV where they hunted down and killed 100s of Alligators for money.

They are protected here in Florida...probably because they are native animals.  Definitely not rare.  😉 

Iguana and Pythons....they are invasive...should be the ones hunted.  😮 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Swamp Lady makes me think of a Louisiana bayou.  Island Lady connotes a lifestyle, whether you live on an island or not.

LOL...thanks...that is quite true indeed.   Living more of the island life indeed, though our view is of the "swamp"...which I kind of like.  😉 Lots more interesting creatures here...both four and two legged.  😄 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...thanks...that is quite true indeed.   Living more of the island life indeed, though our view is of the "swamp"...which I kind of like.  😉 Lots more interesting creatures here...both four and two legged.  😄 

I always figured between "Island" lady and "Ocean" boy we were sort of kindred spirits. Without ocean there are no islands and without islands there is no where to cruise to.😊

• Like 5

Update on new home repairs...

The new washer and dryer are both working well.  As I said, my wife wanted to go back to top loading and we went with this Maytag model at Lowes.  It got good ratings online.  More importantly, they had some in stock and were able to deliver to our house in 2 days.  The smart feature was fun for a while until I got tired of all of the notifications and turned it off.  The Dryer is still complaining about either a dirty lint filter (no) or a clogged vent (probably).  One more thing to have fixed.

I think I posted here that we've had occasional salty water.  We called the company that installed our water softener for the original home owners.  They took apart and cleaned everything, and replaced the wand that goes into the salt tank.  So far, so good.  The impressive thing is that they did not charge us anything.  However, they pointed out that we have a reconditioned unit (which itself isn't an issue) that was not intended for city water with chlorine, which we have.  Chlorine will reduce the life of the softener from 30 years to about 10 years.  They mentioned this to the previous owners last summer who didn't do anything about it (because they knew they were moving??).  They suggested putting a dechlorinator in front of the softener at a cost of $900+.  

At some point, these "start-up" costs have to stop...right?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always figured between "Island" lady and "Ocean" boy we were sort of kindred spirits. Without ocean there are no islands and without islands there is no where to cruise to.😊

I always thought of Ocean Boy as Aquaman's little side kick.  One who's super power is knowing exactly where someone is on the ocean.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Awww...that's sweet!  And I whole heartedly agree!  😊 Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The new washer and dryer are both working well.  As I said, my wife wanted to go back to top loading and we went with this Maytag model at Lowes.  It got good ratings online.  More importantly, they had some in stock and were able to deliver to our house in 2 days.  The smart feature was fun for a while until I got tired of all of the notifications and turned it off.  The Dryer is still complaining about either a dirty lint filter (no) or a clogged vent (probably).  One more thing to have fixed.

I think I posted here that we've had occasional salty water.  We called the company that installed our water softener for the original home owners.  They took apart and cleaned everything, and replaced the wand that goes into the salt tank.  So far, so good.  The impressive thing is that they did not charge us anything.  However, they pointed out that we have a reconditioned unit (which itself isn't an issue) that was not intended for city water with chlorine, which we have.  Chlorine will reduce the life of the softener from 30 years to about 10 years.  They mentioned this to the previous owners last summer who didn't do anything about it (because they knew they were moving??).  They suggested putting a dechlorinator in front of the softener at a cost of $900+.  

My washer and dryer were inherited from previous owners.  I have a feeling their days are numbered.  I am like you...will stick to top load washer...due to never having problems with those, and ease of use.  Easier to stand and dig out the wet laundry IMHO.... then to crawl into one.  😄  

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We will also get a new washer and dryer this weekend at Lowe’s , love my ten percent veteran discount. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, George C said:

We will also get a new washer and dryer this weekend at Lowe’s , love my ten percent veteran discount. 

We do also!  🤗   Enjoyed that 10% discount on our entire kitchen remodel, plus the guest bath...and everything else we buy from there...including a lot of bird seed.  😉 

We bought our Bosch dishwasher from them, and our counter depth fridge as well.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

My washer and dryer were inherited from previous owners.  I have a feeling their days are numbered.  I am like you...will stick to top load washer...due to never having problems with those, and ease of use.  Easier to stand and dig out the wet laundry IMHO.... then to crawl into one😄  

Yea, not ADA compliant. 😄

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

Easier to stand and dig out the wet laundry IMHO.... then to crawl into one.  😄  

This was my wife's biggest concern with a top loader, since she's about 5 feet 2 inches tall.  She can't reach the bottom of the washer and needs to stand on a small step stool.  She still prefers that to bending over, or even sitting on a small stool, for the front loader.  Height has its privileges.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

This was my wife's biggest concern with a top loader, since she's about 5 feet 2 inches tall.  She can't reach the bottom of the washer and needs to stand on a small step stool.  She still prefers that to bending over, or even sitting on a small stool, for the front loader.  Height has its privileges.  

That is definitely an issue with top loaders for us vertically challenged people.  We bought an XL top loader that is big enough for our king size comforter.  It works well but I can't reach the last small things at the bottom of the washer, even at 5' 4".

• Like 3

Just want to say thanks for all the well wishes. 

To summarize; I arrived at 9:45 for my 10:15 moderna shot. Filled out the paperwork.  As I was finishing the line was 10 deep of people checking in. I was the first one to get it at our local giant eagle pharmacy today.

Now mind you, these last couple weeks have been very stressful on me when all my friends told me what could happen and what they experienced after their second shot. Well at least I call them my friends. 

Anywhere from headache to migraines nausea to vomiting, cold feeling to chills to fever. Body aches. 

So afterwards I bought some cold remedies again like after the first shot. 

If one does not work. I am sure the other one will. I’ll update later. 

Stay  healthy 

47FDDDD5-8C1B-4F02-9D83-1759EDA89B52.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So afterwards I bought some cold remedies again like after the first shot. 

If one does not work. I am sure the other one will. I’ll update later. 

I usually prefer to take medicine in liquid form. 🙂

3 more weeks to my 2nd Moderna shot.....looking forward to your experience .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I usually prefer to take medicine in liquid form. 🙂

3 more weeks to my 2nd Moderna shot.....looking forward to your experience .

I had no issues with getting shots but didn’t stop me from having my favorite Johnny Walker Gold.

• Like 1