Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

42 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

I have no doubt. One of the repair guys from the appliance store that we've been dealing with forever was over one time to do some minor repairs on the Maytag washer. He said that if he could get his hands on our particular model and rebuild / sell them - he'd do it all day long! One of the reasons we still had the old Maytag washer and diswasher is because the same business always encouraged us to keep these old units going as long as we can..and, of course they sell the new stuff. So we took the advice but several of the dishwasher functions no longer worked, and the washer has been dripping oil from the motor for years , which tended to get on the belts and cause a screeching sound along with sort of a burning rubber smell. Replaced lots of belts on it already. So see how we like the Bosch washer. Like the dishwasher so far. Amazingly quiet compared to the old Maytag. 

I liked the Bosch that we had and am buying the same model...just wish it lasted longer than 9 years though. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Back in the day when I used to subscribe to Consumer Reports magazine, every so often they'd have an article called "Repair or Replace". Basically compared the cost of fixing an item vs buying brand new.  They would cover household appliances,  TV and other electronics, lawn mowers, etc. Pretty much everything other than home gyms fell into the "Replace" category after 7-9 years on average.

I have always wondered about your ID HBE4... can’t quite come up with what that would mean?  Mine, of course, is obvious.

jc

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I have always wondered about your ID HBE4... can’t quite come up with what that would mean?  Mine, of course, is obvious.

jc

I wish I could come up with an exotic explanation but it's just family initials. 

I figured your translates into Flowrider Pro but I can't figure out the language.  Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I wish I could come up with an exotic explanation but it's just family initials. 

I figured your translates into Flowrider Pro but I can't figure out the language.  Lol. 

Nope, mine, was my frustration from dealing with my conversion from an AOL name. Borisbadenov from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show to something that I could use every where because apparently this internet thing wasn’t just going to be geeks any more. 

XP is a model of a Seadoo. CDOO... J me K beloved wife.  I have never had a problem using that as my ID anywhere.  Unless I had previously registered there. Of course, I use a bit coin level of password. 😇

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, mets07 said:

I must be lucky. My husband does 90% of the cooking. Started many years ago when we worked different hours and since he had to go to bed early, he prepared dinner so that we could eat on the early side. This tradition has continued.  I typically do the clean-up. 

Now that our sons are grown, we go out to dinner at restaurants on weekends. So that is nice as well. 

On the subject of dishwashers, we purchased a Kitchen Aid dishwasher at Lowe's about a year ago. We are satisfied although I am always using "Express wash" as the normal cycles on these things now run forever (as noted by previous poster). 

We replaced a brand new GE with a Kitchen Aid.  I can't even tell if it's running

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Nope, mine, was my frustration from dealing with my conversion from an AOL name. Borisbadenov from the Rocky and Bullwinkle show to something that I could use every where because apparently this internet thing wasn’t just going to be geeks any more. 

XP is a model of a Seadoo. CDOO... J me K beloved wife.  I have never had a problem using that as my ID anywhere.  Unless I had previously registered there. Of course, I use a bit coin level of password. 😇

Wow, thanks for sharing on what those letters on your name mean.  That's a real tough one to figure out.  

Thought about starting a thread on asking people to explain how they came up with their CC names.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Wow, thanks for sharing on what those letters on your name mean.  That's a real tough one to figure out.  

Thought about starting a thread on asking people to explain how they came up with their CC names.

Mine came from our 2 Cairn Terriers, sadly both gone now.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

There is one in  Floataway Lounge, 8th page of topics, no new posts added in a year or so.

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

I have never heard of Zanussi, and had to look it up. Italian. And mostly sold in the UK.  I don't think they are sold here, but the parent company is Electrolux, which I have heard of, but not so much anymore. 

Amazing! The things we learn on Cruise Critic. :classic_biggrin:

👍 Zanussi is more expensive but much more reliable than cheaper brands in the UK.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Ours Grapau27.

First 3 letters of our names and my birthday date number.

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We replaced a brand new GE with a Kitchen Aid.  I can't even tell if it's running

Bosch gets (deservedly) good PR for the noise levels of their dishwashers, but KitchenAids are also very quiet.  Any 44 decibel models are virtually silent unless you're standing right near the dishwasher.  The difference between 39 dB and 42 dB is purely marketing hype for most people.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sunshine3601

Happy birthday and many many healthy returns to Eric💐

Have a smashing day 🎂🍰🧁

Eric says thank you very much.

He likes low key birthdays so I picked up his favorite cheesecake with strawberries this morning from local bakery and will take him to dinner at a nice local seafood/steakhouse.

One son is coming up this weekend to help put together a bike Eric bought for himself and I will grill up a nice dinner as we haven't seen our son since we had Christmas in our garage. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He likes low key birthdays so I picked up his favorite cheesecake with strawberries this morning from local bakery and will take him to dinner at a nice local seafood/steakhouse.

One son is coming up this weekend to help put together a bike Eric bought for himself and I will grill up a nice dinner as we haven't seen our son since we had Christmas in our garage. 

Happy Birthday to Eric!  Sounds like you planned the perfect celebration.  Yum on the cheesecake w/fresh strawberries.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Birthday to Eric!  Sounds like you planned the perfect celebration.  Yum on the cheesecake w/fresh strawberries.  Enjoy!

We were suppose to be anthem this week, changed to next march.  So he doesnt age for another year, according to him Ha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bosch gets (deservedly) good PR for the noise levels of their dishwashers, but KitchenAids are also very quiet.  Any 44 decibel models are virtually silent unless you're standing right near the dishwasher.  The difference between 39 dB and 42 dB is purely marketing hype for most people.

I have to touch my 39 db KA to make sure I turned it on😉

Now, I did get the 3rd utensil rack, flex was $400 more

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday to Eric!  Have a fabulous day!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Now, I did get the 3rd utensil rack, flex was $400 more

This is what we will likely get.  Delaying the purchase for a while since we just unexpectedly paid to seal our attic from critters and had to buy a new washer/dryer, in addition to new furniture.  The existing GE dishwasher is noisy but works, and we can time delay the start to the middle of the night when we won't hear it.

• Like 2