Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

55 and up just got the go ahead starting this weekend in Ontario.  I should be getting mine this week. 

Hopefully you get the numbers turned around because it would appear that case count is the only metric that they are looking at. I’d hate for everyone to have go backwards. 

• Like 2

Here in PA we are starting have a big run of vaccines arrive in the last week.    I am hearing more and more friends, family, co-workers, neighbors saying they are either scheduled or already got their first shot.    We go to all ages 16 or 18 yrs old and over on April 19th.     You even get a choice if you want Moderna or Pfizer when you go to some of the vaccine centers.    

Eric just got back.   He took his Mother to get vaccinated but she came out in a matter of minutes and they told her she couldn't get vaccinated because she had Covid in February.   She had a very mild case of covid and was in hospital for 2 maybe 3 days and they gave her remdesivir and sent her home.  They told her she Must wait a min. of 90-days from the time she recovered.   They told her if they gave her the vaccine today she would be right back in the hospital with severe side effects.    Never heard that one before for a 91 yr old lady.

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in PA we are starting have a big run of vaccines arrive in the last week.    I am hearing more and more friends, family, co-workers, neighbors saying they are either scheduled or already got their first shot.    We go to all ages 16 or 18 yrs old and over on April 19th.     You even get a choice if you want Moderna or Pfizer when you go to some of the vaccine centers.    

Eric just got back.   He took his Mother to get vaccinated but she came out in a matter of minutes and they told her she couldn't get vaccinated because she had Covid in February.   She had a very mild case of covid and was in hospital for 2 maybe 3 days and they gave her remdesivir and sent her home.  They told her she Must wait a min. of 90-days from the time she recovered.   They told her if they gave her the vaccine today she would be right back in the hospital with severe side effects.    Never heard that one before for a 91 yr old lady.

It is recommended for anyone who has had remdesivir, momoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma to wait 90 days prior to getting the vaccine.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

when you say she was "chosen" for north of England - what does that mean?

Someone from each of the different regions of the UK are chosen to represent the civil service departments at the Queen's Royal Garden Party every year based on their achievements in their job.

Probably about 10 and their partners are chosen  out of 430,000 civil servants.

We had a 2 night all expenses paid trip to London and an invite to Buckingham Palace and Afternoon Tea in the gardens of Buckingham Palace.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 10

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here in PA we are starting have a big run of vaccines arrive in the last  week.    I am hearing more and more friends, family, co-workers, neighbors saying they are either scheduled or already got their first shot.    We go to all ages 16 or 18 yrs old and over on April 19th.   But     You even get a choice if you want Moderna or Pfizer when you go to some of the vaccine centers.    

Agree about PA.  DH and I have been vaccinated but he drove a total of 12 hours to get his shot in State College.  I chose to wait a bit longer and got the J and J about 40 minutes from my home.  We will be all clear this coming Thursday.

It will be good to get back to some sense of normal.  Many of my girlfriends are now fully vaccinated so we will be able to get together soon.  But we will continue to take all the necessary precautions.

Best of luck to Andrew and his family as they wait for their jabs.  Best wishes for the people of Ontario as they go though another lockdown.  Katherine

• Like 4

On 4/1/2021 at 8:54 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I always figured between "Island" lady and "Ocean" boy we were sort of kindred spirits. Without ocean there are no islands and without islands there is no where to cruise to.😊

I don't recall any islands on our Baltics cruise😉

11 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You were just across the river from us, about a 45 minute drive away.  St. Marys is on our list of places to visit.  Did you take the ferry to Cumberland Island?  Any idea if the Kings Bay sub base is open to visitors?

I would seriously doubt it, those are boomers, very secret stuff 

6 hours ago, derorim said:

Dani, your thread was an instant hit. I went back to the beginning and saw there were 80 posts the first day, and it has averaged about 30 per day ever since.  It has been a great way to feel connected to the outside world even while staying home.  I never dreamed the isolation would last so long.  Thanks for giving us a great place to hang out.

By the way, on day 1 of the thread, John posted his recipe for Ruby Relaxer.  I felt compelled to mix up a batch for this evening.

20210402_132045.jpg

Totally forgot I posted that here.  🤣

I know I've typed it up a half dozen times on the 'other' thread. 😉

Having beers tonight. 

• Like 1