Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thank you Dani, did you know his mother, Princess Alice is honored in Israel for saving a Jewish family during the war? 

Of course. She was among the few chosen to be awarded "Righteous Among the Nations" for saving the Cohen family during WW2. She hided them in her palace.

Princess Alice is also buried in Jerusalem, and Prince Charles, when he was in Jerusalem for the 75 years commemoration of the liberation of the Auschwitz concentration camp, paid a private visit to her grave (February 2020).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Today will be the first time back on an airplane since Dec 2019.  It is actually the first of four flights I have scheduled over the next two months.  This one is ONT to SJC.  So what can anyone tell me about flying in the Covid world.  Besides a mask while on the plane is there anything else that I should expect.  What are the lines like at TSA?  Normal, worse or better?  I'm flying Southwest so I know seating will be a free for all, are they still leaving middle rows empty?

We have a flight coming up to CA end of this month.  Then again to go to Maine to spend 4 months.  Third one to go to Central Washington state in November.  

We are fully vaccinated, but still refuse to stuff either one of us in a middle seat, (though our trick is to book aisle and aisle to avoid that)...don't want to sit that close to a stranger.  Expensive, but well worth it...booked first class on all three flights.  

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Today will be the first time back on an airplane since Dec 2019.  It is actually the first of four flights I have scheduled over the next two months.  This one is ONT to SJC.  So what can anyone tell me about flying in the Covid world.  Besides a mask while on the plane is there anything else that I should expect.  What are the lines like at TSA?  Normal, worse or better?  I'm flying Southwest so I know seating will be a free for all, are they still leaving middle rows empty?

My DH just started back travelling for work last week.  He flew Jetblue BOS to TPA last week and United this week BOS to IAH.  Neither of those airlines are blocking middle seats, the only airline that I am aware of that still is through 4/30 is Delta.  He said TSA lines weren't bad but he has Global Entry.  100% mask compliance on his flights.  TSA all had masks on, as well as airport/airline personnel.  Passengers in the terminals was a completely different story.  In BOS, he said very few without masks in terminal, 90+% in masks.  TPA was about 50% and IAH around 75%.  He received a disinfecting wipe upon boarding each flight and got a sealed plastic bag with snacks, little water bottle and a couple more disinfecting wipes when they came around for the drink service.  No other drinks available.  Flights were all pretty full, but he lucked out with one upgrade to first class and an empty middle seat in economy + on a couple of his other flights.  His major issue is very limited food options in the airport.  Airport websites do not match what is actually open in some cases.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Of course. She was among the few chosen to be awarded "Righteous Among the Nations" for saving the Cohen family during WW2. She hided them in her palace.

Princess Alice is also buried in Jerusalem, and Prince Charles, when he was in Jerusalem for the 75 years commemoration of the liberation of the Auschwitz concentration camp, paid a private visit to her grave (February 2020).

We visited and had a fantastic guided tour of Auschwitz-Birkenau the first time we visited Krakow in Poland and it was a heartbreaking experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember a few weeks ago when I posted the picture of the Avocado pit I planted (we ate it's mother).  

This is "Ms. Sprout" now.   She will shortly be planted in the back yard.  😉 

20210409_131245.thumb.jpg.84c903a4676aad280b5e18d6200d8ea2.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Expensive, but well worth it...booked first class on all three flights.  

This flight is booked on Southwest unfortunately.  No option for first class with them. Even their business select class doesn't get you a better or bigger seat. 2 of 3 of the next ones are with Alaska Airlines and I have booked first with those. The other is Boutique Air... super convenient to be able to fly home for a couple of days and almost feels like flying private.  It'll be interesting to see what it is like flying with them is like again.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

This flight is booked on Southwest unfortunately.  No option for first class with them. Even their business select class doesn't get you a better or bigger seat. 2 of 3 of the next ones are with Alaska Airlines and I have booked first with those. The other is Boutique Air... super convenient to be able to fly home for a couple of days and almost feels like flying private.  It'll be interesting to see what it is like flying with them is like again.

Definitely not a fan of Southwest.  Neither is my sister who flies quite frequently.  But we do adore Alaska Airlines. 

Our usual is United, Delta, and AA.   When we fly to PR...it is almost always Jet Blue, another airline we are impressed with.  Quick non-stop from Orlando to San Juan, customer service always top notch. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

On American Airlines last month, no drinks or snacks, and you wear the mask full time.  They will not accept gaiters or anything that doesn’t look like a mask.  There is no social distancing on the flights, and they were packed.  I think SW might be still flying with the middle seat empty???  The Centurion lounge in Charlotte was pretty much like the olden days just a bit less crowded, as about 1/2 the seats are blocked from being used.  The line at TSA at our regional airport was non-existent.  We flew back on the company jet, so I didn’t experience TSA from Key West.  Although Key West airport is smaller than our regional airport, but it has a heck of a lot more flights in and out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My mom is in at a doctors appointment right now, everything is OK so not to worry. Just listening to the radio in the car while I wait and what song comes up... 

I feel like I should be in the Royal promenade right now, for the 70s dance party.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We flew southwest last month from Pittsburgh to Ft. Lauderdale, with our return flight also on southwest.   There were no open middle seats on either flight.  This may have been because we were flying during spring break.  

In Pittsburgh, they boarded in groups of 10 instead of 30.  In Ft. Lauderdale, there was no difference in boarding from pre-COVID days.  They did serve snacks and drinks on both flights, so you could have your mask down while you ate or drank.

We didn’t mind the full flights, because we were fully vaccinated.  I guess between taking flights and doing other travel (cars, taxis, ferry boats, hotels, restaurants, etc.) we have been doing our own study on safe.travel.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

My wife’s favorite song by her favorite band.  

JC<——— hates disco (not as much now as I did then) has seen EW&F in concert 3 times.  

I hate disco just as much now as I did then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

On American Airlines last month, no drinks or snacks, and you wear the mask full time.  They will not accept gaiters or anything that doesn’t look like a mask.  There is no social distancing on the flights, and they were packed.  I think SW might be still flying with the middle seat empty???  The Centurion lounge in Charlotte was pretty much like the olden days just a bit less crowded, as about 1/2 the seats are blocked from being used.  The line at TSA at our regional airport was non-existent.  We flew back on the company jet, so I didn’t experience TSA from Key West.  Although Key West airport is smaller than our regional airport, but it has a heck of a lot more flights in and out.  

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

In Pittsburgh, they boarded in groups of 10 instead of 30.  In Ft. Lauderdale, there was no difference in boarding from pre-COVID days.  They did serve snacks and drinks on both flights, so you could have your mask down while you ate or drank.

My boarding number is A23 so hopefully that gets me a decent seat.  Hopefully I have an empty middle seat beside me.  I'm not worried about the virus. I'm just heavier than I have ever been and feel like I'm going to need all the room possible.  Whatever the circumstances I'm sure Ill be fine.

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hate disco just as much now as I did then.

Soul,Motown and Disco are my favourite music.

I don't think my arthritic knee and hip could cope with dancing now I can't take ibuprofen with my Aspirin, Bisoprolol, Perindropril, Lanzoprazol and Rosuvastatin medication I have to take since my mild heart attack.

We had a interesting day , spent 5 hours at Subaru dealer , it didn’t help that when they checked my wife Nissan maximum it wouldn’t start , but we finally traded it in for a 2021 Outback , nice car , expensive couple of weeks paid for our royal suite last week on Celebrity and new car today, at least Subaru offered zero percent interest on car loan. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, George C said:

We had a interesting day , spent 5 hours at Subaru dealer , it didn’t help that when they checked my wife Nissan maximum it wouldn’t start , but we finally traded it in for a 2021 Outback , nice car , expensive couple of weeks paid for our royal suite last week on Celebrity and new car today, at least Subaru offered zero percent interest on car loan. 

Subaru owners love their cars, that’s what I have heard from them. Great choice. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, island lady said:

This was my answer I mentioned as to not relying on appliances to hold my towels.  Pretty simple fix.

20210409_115500.jpg

I do the exact same thing at our built in bar in the basement.    Eric mounted it at unseen location behind the bar that works perfect with the sink next to it.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Philip would have been 100 on June 10th.

Her Majesty will be 95 on April 21st.

They were married for 73 or 74 years and together for a bit before marriage.    This loss will be devastating to her, we may not see that fun smiling face she has at times.    I am sure he wanted to be at home to pass, I would.    He did have a very interesting life and seemed to enjoy every bit of it.    May he rest in peace.   

• Like 4