Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, George C said:

We had a interesting day , spent 5 hours at Subaru dealer , it didn’t help that when they checked my wife Nissan maximum it wouldn’t start , but we finally traded it in for a 2021 Outback , nice car , expensive couple of weeks paid for our royal suite last week on Celebrity and new car today, at least Subaru offered zero percent interest on car loan. 

I bought a 2019 Subaru Outback Limited Edition in November. It was a rental with very low mileage. I like it. There are an awful lot of electronic gizmos on it though. :classic_biggrin: It took 4 hours to purchase it. I really dislike being at the dealer that long. And Subaru is supposed to make good vehicles. What color did you purchase?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, George C said:

We had a interesting day , spent 5 hours at Subaru dealer , it didn’t help that when they checked my wife Nissan maximum it wouldn’t start , but we finally traded it in for a 2021 Outback , nice car , expensive couple of weeks paid for our royal suite last week on Celebrity and new car today, at least Subaru offered zero percent interest on car loan. 

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Subaru owners love their cars, that’s what I have heard from them. Great choice. 

I have owned two Subaru's in the past, one Impreza and one Forester, and absolutely loved them.  When I no longer need a truck I will buy another Subaru without question.  They are the ultimate ski buggy. 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They were married for 73 or 74 years and together for a bit before marriage.    This loss will be devastating to her, we may not see that fun smiling face she has at times.    I am sure he wanted to be at home to pass, I would.    He did have a very interesting life and seemed to enjoy every bit of it.    May he rest in peace.   

They were married 73 years.

They met when she was 13 and he was an 18 year old sea cadet and he was entrusted to take care of the King's children.

They kept in touch when he was at war and married in 1947.

This was from 5 years ago for her Majesty 90th birthday.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My DH just started back travelling for work last week.  He flew Jetblue BOS to TPA last week and United this week BOS to IAH.  Neither of those airlines are blocking middle seats, the only airline that I am aware of that still is through 4/30 is Delta.  He said TSA lines weren't bad but he has Global Entry.  100% mask compliance on his flights.  TSA all had masks on, as well as airport/airline personnel.  Passengers in the terminals was a completely different story.  In BOS, he said very few without masks in terminal, 90+% in masks.  TPA was about 50% and IAH around 75%.  He received a disinfecting wipe upon boarding each flight and got a sealed plastic bag with snacks, little water bottle and a couple more disinfecting wipes when they came around for the drink service.  No other drinks available.  Flights were all pretty full, but he lucked out with one upgrade to first class and an empty middle seat in economy + on a couple of his other flights.  His major issue is very limited food options in the airport.  Airport websites do not match what is actually open in some cases.

I have read that Centurion has begun re-opening up some of their airport lounges but most have limited hours.    We usually try to fly first class when the price isn't too crazy.    Years ago I was on a southwest flight from PHL to FLL and I was the one stuck in the middle seat with this really annoying lady next to me.    I swore I would never do that again.   

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I bought a 2019 Subaru Outback Limited Edition in November. It was a rental with very low mileage. I like it. There are an awful lot of electronic gizmos on it though. :classic_biggrin: It took 4 hours to purchase it. I really dislike being at the dealer that long. And Subaru is supposed to make good vehicles. What color did you purchase?

We bought a dark gray with dark grey leather , first drove the regular engine and wife didn’t like the pick up so we bought the turbo version, loads of gadgets and gizmos will take her a while to get used to all the features. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Subaru owners love their cars, that’s what I have heard from them. Great choice. 

Wonderful dog commercials that Subaru does. I met some of the dogs at a car show here a couple of years ago.

Some were trained here in MN.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, George C said:

We bought a dark gray with dark grey leather , first drove the regular engine and wife didn’t like the pick up so we bought the turbo version, loads of gadgets and gizmos will take her a while to get used to all the features. 

Nice! Ours is the dark green with tan leather. I really wanted green. And that car manual pouch is about 4 inches thick. It is a good thing it has a big glove box. 

Yours probably didn't come with a turkey though. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Timmy on New Car.JPG

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Wonderful dog commercials that Subaru does. I met some of the dogs at a car show here a couple of years ago.

Some were trained here in MN.

They do have the best commercials.  I like one I just saw the other night where the dog family arrives at a park and see the no animals allowed sign.  They dad doggy in drivers seat proceeds to open windows to let the pups run around...too cute!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They do have the best commercials.  I like one I just saw the other night where the dog family arrives at a park and see the no animals allowed sign.  They dad doggy in drivers seat proceeds to open windows to let the pups run around...too cute!

Isn't that the one, where the sign says "No Pets Allowed" and the dog puppies are running around and they make the cat stay in the car? LOL. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, George C said:

Congrats on the new car

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Nice! Ours is the dark green with tan leather. I really wanted green. And that car manual pouch is about 4 inches thick. It is a good thing it has a big glove box. 

Yours probably didn't come with a turkey though. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

Timmy on New Car.JPG

Manuel was as thick as war and peace 😁

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Isn't that the one, where the sign says "No Pets Allowed" and the dog puppies are running around and they make the cat stay in the car? LOL. :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

We love that commercial 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My dog loves that commercial.  As soon as he hears the start of it he runs to the tv.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I have owned two Subaru's in the past, one Impreza and one Forester, and absolutely loved them.  When I no longer need a truck I will buy another Subaru without question.  They are the ultimate ski buggy. 🙂 

We just bought my son a 2009 Impreza with 73,000 km for his first car...pick it up Monday. 

• Like 9

Finally able to get back on CC.

Been a challenging last couple of hours.

No, not on naughty list.

Bought a new IPad, never had one and I wanted one to help with wedding planning.

Now mind you I am old.

When I took Physics in High School I mastered the Slide rule.

Well these new electronic devices are going to keep me drinking  (3 Pineapple Margaritas).

My first  mistake was opening the Apple box when I brought it home.

It said to place your smart phone next to the Ipad to link it.

I did, nothing happened.

So what I did was what any one would do with a Masters degree.  Carefully put it back in the box till the DH got home from work.

Do you know how hard it is to get cellophane look like it was never torn.

Well, DH opened up the box and went to town.

He put the IPad next to my phone, turned on my phone and it started doing whatever it is supposed to do. Damn, never said to turn on phone.

Then he asked me what my passwords were......................................Um I dunno.

Well the bank and all my important accounts are facial recognition  (DD did it for me the last time she was in town) .

I never know you should save passwords and hermetically seal them so no one could hack you. 

Dammit and CC was one of them I could not remember..  Now the DH is lets just say  PIS***.

So after 3 hours of going to all my sites and logging in that I forgot my password and getting and putting in new passwords we are done.

The meany that he is save CC for last to teach me a lesson.

So now he goes, did you write down all those passwords.

I said Yes.  and I did.

So, I am back.

Learned a lesson.

Next time wait till the daughter comes home to buy and set up something new.

Well, kinda sorta, I got me a good patient DH

And

After 4 Pineapple Margaritas he did it.

Later

(hiccup)

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have read that Centurion has begun re-opening up some of their airport lounges but most have limited hours.    We usually try to fly first class when the price isn't too crazy.    Years ago I was on a southwest flight from PHL to FLL and I was the one stuck in the middle seat with this really annoying lady next to me.    I swore I would never do that again.   

So, we were in Charlotte at the Centurion lounge on March 2, 2021.  The hours were basically the same.  I am not sure all of the services they offer were being offered as, I only eat and drink and go pee there.  It was a better experience than when we were last flying at the same airport almost a year earlier, the week everything got shutdown. 

JC

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

at least Subaru offered zero percent interest on car loan. 

Enjoy the new car !!

We're sometimes seeing on TV a show called "Repo" -- about reposition of car when the loan was not paid, usually only a month or two behind the payments.... Scary.

I'm always surprised that people take loans to buy cars, since here this "method" is not very popular -- you either have the cash or don't. If you need to borrow -- you borrow from your bank, against savings like pension.

We have a Nissan Juke 5 years old (20.500 miles) and I just wrote a cheque of 36.000$, ahead of 3 weeks delivery.

Taxes on cars and fuel are enormous here 😢

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Finally able to get back on CC.

Been a challenging last couple of hours.

No, not on naughty list.

Bought a new IPad, never had one and I wanted one to help with wedding planning.

Now mind you I am old.

When I took Physics in High School I mastered the Slide rule.

Well these new electronic devices are going to keep me drinking  (3 Pineapple Margaritas).

My first  mistake was opening the Apple box when I brought it home.

It said to place your smart phone next to the Ipad to link it.

I did, nothing happened.

So what I did was what any one would do with a Masters degree.  Carefully put it back in the box till the DH got home from work.

Do you know how hard it is to get cellophane look like it was never torn.

Well, DH opened up the box and went to town.

He put the IPad next to my phone, turned on my phone and it started doing whatever it is supposed to do. Damn, never said to turn on phone.

Then he asked me what my passwords were......................................Um I dunno.

Well the bank and all my important accounts are facial recognition  (DD did it for me the last time she was in town) .

I never know you should save passwords and hermetically seal them so no one could hack you. 

Dammit and CC was one of them I could not remember..  Now the DH is lets just say  PIS***.

So after 3 hours of going to all my sites and logging in that I forgot my password and getting and putting in new passwords we are done.

The meany that he is save CC for last to teach me a lesson.

So now he goes, did you write down all those passwords.

I said Yes.  and I did.

So, I am back.

Learned a lesson.

Next time wait till the daughter comes home to buy and set up something new.

Well, kinda sorta, I got me a good patient DH

And

After 4 Pineapple Margaritas he did it.

Later

(hiccup)

This is so meant for me.

IMG_20210410_051924.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4