CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So you're the second one that's been paid twice!  LOL  Easier to tear up the cheque if you still have it?

Too late into my building society account first thing this morning. 😁

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Glad you got your cheque. I assume you won't have had to pay for your October cruise yet?

Correct,  just the £400 “Non refundable deposit”  which I’m hoping becomes refundable if they cancel the cruise , I think  the balance is due early July.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Selbourne,  as I said elsewhere, Carnival run out of cash at the end of the year, so i can't see them rushing to pay refunds in less than 60 days. 

I'm not sure if the corporation could survive another block of cancellations after the ones announced today.

They will have redundancy payments to pay out too.

2 hours ago, ledlex said:

Booked through travel agent on credit card, requested refund direct to P & O on line on 30th March for April 16th sailing. Have not contacted anyone since, only had the generic email last week saying request confirmed,  cheque arrived in post this afternoon, day 64. No Logic to it all but result in the end, hope everyone receives the money they are owed. Waiting now for Celebrity to cancel our October cruise & start the wait clock all over again. 

Good news you have your refund now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ledlex said:

Correct,  just the £400 “Non refundable deposit”  which I’m hoping becomes refundable if they cancel the cruise , I think  the balance is due early July.

There’s no such thing as a “non refundable deposit” Don’t let them convince you otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Saltybutnice13 said:

Our postie has just dropped our cheque for Iona Maiden cruise through the letterbox. 

Booked through TA. Filled refund request online on April 1st.

63 days in total. 

Hope everyone else gets some joy soon.

Cheers to all

Mike and Sue 

😀😀

Great news👍

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So you're the second one that's been paid twice!  LOL  Easier to tear up the cheque if you still have it?

If 2 of our small select group have received duplicate refunds, just how many duplications will have been made already?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PandNo Refund said:

All the FCCs will be useless if there’s 7 months worth of passengers trying to get booked onto future holidays. Sod trying to find one of those; their booking system will hike the prices even more now presumably - despite nobody knowing what the quality of these new cruise holiday experiences will be.

The key thing for those who are happy to (or can't be bothered with the inexorable hassle of the refund wait) is to see what are the baseline prices in the 2022 / 2023 brochure.  By then normality may be restored.

If they are not 25% or more than the same for the 2020, then this FCC offer might be interesting to some.  If they are more than 25% higher than there is absolutely no point to taking a FCC; pay twice, pay more, get less.  But you won't know until the brochure launches.

If the difference is more than 25%, you might as well put the money back in your account / cruise fund and wait for prices to fall, either on P&O or your preferred alternative.

8 hours ago, PandNo Refund said:

Ludlow looked shattered in that latest update video.

Agree - a certain irony when he took the time to thank the guests who had sent him messages of support.  Obviously hasn't been checking official Facebook and Twitter recently.

However, that was a better video attempt in my opinion, he's getting a bit of practice unfortunately!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Too late into my building society account first thing this morning. 😁

Well done, when they get round to asking for the money back tell them it will take at least 90 days. See how they like it.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Well done, when they get round to asking for the money back tell them it will take at least 90 days. See how they like it.

Nah, that's too easy Phil... 

Just lie to them and fob them off quoting 'unprecedented times'.. 

Andy 

• Like 2

I have contacted Cunard via Facebook about my double refund and said that "due to unprecedented times you might have to wait 60+ days for a refund". I have not yet received a reply but will be interesting to see what they say.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I have contacted Cunard via Facebook about my double refund and said that "due to unprecedented times you might have to wait 60+ days for a refund". I have not yet received a reply but will be interesting to see what they say.

Cash-is-King.jpg.a367715aa35b23cd582d69198e431d58.jpg

Please may we have our money back King tom ?     :classic_wink::classic_smile: Please let us know their response major (KING)Tom 

• Haha 2

Hello all,

First post here, I've been following this thread with interest and glad to see that many people are finally getting their refunds.

We booked our cruise direct paying the deposit on our joint debit card. I then paid my half of the balance on my own debit card and my boyfriend paid his on his credit card. When it comes to refunds does any know how it will work - will they split the refund across the three cards?

5 minutes ago, Miks said:

Hello all,

First post here, I've been following this thread with interest and glad to see that many people are finally getting their refunds.

We booked our cruise direct paying the deposit on our joint debit card. I then paid my half of the balance on my own debit card and my boyfriend paid his on his credit card. When it comes to refunds does any know how it will work - will they split the refund across the three cards?

A lot will depend on who is the "lead name" on the booking.

32 minutes ago, Miks said:

Hello all,

Hello, welcome to the forum.

My understanding is that the balances will be refunded to the original method of payment, if you booked direct with P&O to pay for the cruise.  So in your case three refunds across the three cards.  Keep in mind that if the cards are with separate companies then the clearing time may differ per card, so there may be a slight difference when the balances reappear.  

I had a previous refund across two cards and saw the refund returned to each separately reflecting the amounts of the original transactions.

I know it may sound obvious but you will know that you have to apply for the refunds, if you are not willing to accept the Future Cruise Credit. Hope this helps 😃

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

My understanding is that the balances will be refunded to the original method of payment, if you booked direct with P&O to pay for the cruise.  So in your case three refunds across the three cards.  Keep in mind that if the cards are with separate companies then the clearing time may differ per card, so there may be a slight difference when the balances reappear.  

I had a previous refund across two cards and saw the refund returned to each separately reflecting the amounts of the original transactions.

I know it may sound obvious but you will know that you have to apply for the refunds, if you are not willing to accept the Future Cruise Credit. Hope this helps 😃

Thank you - yes, we've applied for a refund, dithered a bit about taking the credit but as we couldn't use it online at that point decided to go for a refund in the end. Only applied a few weeks ago so not expecting to see it anytime soon by the sounds of it but good to have clarification, thanks!

13 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

That’s P and O’s wish, not what the law says. They must provide a refund within 14 days (sic) you do not have to ask for it. 

Edited by staygulf
  • Like 1