CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Are you saying the airline supplement refund would have been paid by P&O to my T A ? If so I will give my T A a roasting for holding on to my money. Just checked, it's £439 and I have a final invoice from P&O with it itemised.

I paid on the P&O personeliser and got the payment direct from P&O.

If you paid your TA I would take it up with them first.

• Thanks 1

Had an email this morning.

P&O say although they cancelled on March 14th the cancellation charge was not removed until 

April 1st.

Refunds are 60 days from cancellation charge removal on April 1st which will add 18 more days to our wait!!!

This means instead of 51 days they are saying it is 33 days!!!

Edited by grapau27

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Had an email this morning.

P&O say although they cancelled on March 14th the cancellation charge was not removed until 

April 1st.

Refunds are 60 days from cancellation charge removal on April 1st which will add 17 more days to our wait!!!

That’s ludicrous. This is beyond farcical. If that’s the determining factor for the start of the 60 days then they should have said that up front. The fact that they didn’t smacks of them simply making it up as they go along. It’s a great shame that they aren’t putting as much effort into refunding their customers their own money as they are coming up with more and more creative excuses for shoring up their cash flow. 

I am fortunate that, as long as I get my £5k back at some stage (I’m about 5 or 6 weeks in) it won’t cause me a problem, but many people are out of work as a result of this crisis, have businesses that are collapsing or are furloughed and on reduced pay. P&O has displayed, beyond any doubt, that it has no moral compass and is treating its customers with contempt. Shame on them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I paid on the P&O personeliser and got the payment direct from P&O.

If you paid your TA I would take it up with them first.

Thanks for your help. I have messaged my T A.  

51 days and still counting, who will reach 100 ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Could be correct if over 70

Could be, I suppose, as that option (over 70’s and underlying health conditions) was open for a very narrow window from 13th to 18th March, as P&O then withdrew that option on 19th. I believe that one of the few people posting so far to say that they have had a refund fell into that category and time window. As and when people post to say that they have received their refund (ever the optimist) it would help if they gave a bit of detail to help inform others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Could be, I suppose, as that option (over 70’s and underlying health conditions) was open for a very narrow window from 13th to 18th March, as P&O then withdrew that option on 19th. I believe that one of the few people posting so far to say that they have had a refund fell into that category and time window. As and when people post to say that they have received their refund (ever the optimist) it would help if they gave a bit of detail to help inform others.

I was one who had an email from P&O on 13th March telling me my cruise was cancelled due to Government advice re 70's. Still no refund, cruise date 27th March.

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

We cancelled in that window (refund within 45 days) for 4 April cruise, and I will definitely post here as soon as I hear something - I check my credit card online activity each morning and then come here to see if anyone reports progress.  My letter to Paul Ludlow should hit someone's desk today too.  It will be really good when this thread begins to live up to its name!  

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I cancelled because of health issues (my heart attack in December) and emailed proof instantly to guest relations rep on March 14 but as they are saying the cancellation charges weren't removed until April 1st the 60 days are from that date.

As we were one of the first I can't understand why it took them another 18 days to remove the cancellation charges.

The removal of cancellation charges is the starting point for their 60 days.

10 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I was one who had an email from P&O on 13th March telling me my cruise was cancelled due to Government advice re 70's. Still no refund, cruise date 27th March.

Our cruise was 20th March.

We cancelled 13thMarch (my heart attack in December).

They are now saying cancellation charges were not removed until 1st April and the 60 days is from that date 19 days extra wait now added.

What can we do ? Not a lot I suspect. I paid by debit not credit card so have no easy path there. This has taught me a lesson, will have to dust off credit card in future. 

Who knows when cruises will be safe, and it is tempting to say never again P&O but reading other posts about other companies, they are no better. I have another cruise booked in November, Princess, so that will give me problems very soon. Who said cruising was fun ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I don’t mean this to sound pedantic and say this purely to be helpful, but did you actually apply for your refund? The reason I ask is that the email on 13th didn’t say that our cruises were cancelled. It simply gave a range of options for over 70’s or (in my wife’s case) those with underlying health issues. These included going ahead with your cruise if you signed a disclaimer, postponing to another cruise or getting a refund, but you actually had to apply for the refund. Thought I’d best mention this just in case anyone thought that receipt of that email automatically started the refund process, as it didn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I don’t mean this to sound pedantic and say this purely to be helpful, but did you actually apply for your refund? The reason I ask is that the email on 13th didn’t say that our cruises were cancelled. It simply gave a range of options for over 70’s or (in my wife’s case) those with underlying health issues. These included going ahead with your cruise if you signed a disclaimer, postponing to another cruise or getting a refund, but you actually had to apply for the refund. Thought I’d best mention this just in case anyone thought that receipt of that email automatically started the refund process, as it didn’t. 

Fair points.

Email from P&O 13th March.

Email to TA 13th March - cancelling and refund request

Email from TA 14th March confirming above. 

Numerous messages to P&O via Facebook Messenger chasing up refund, usual replies, 28 days, 45 days now 60 days.

You couldn't make itup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Fair points.

Numerous messages to P&O via Facebook Messenger chasing up refund, usual replies, 28 days, 45 days now 60 days.

You couldn't make itup.

Did they tell you when your cancellation charges were removed?

It took them an extra 19 days for ours even though I emailed guest relations rep with hospital report of my heart attack and treatment instantly and they confirmed next day we qualified.

12 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Fair points.

You couldn't make itup.

Just out of interest, what is your TA doing to chase up your refund? You appointed them to handle your booking, presumably they should be doing the chasing up for you and any of their other clients. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Fair points.

You couldn't make itup.

Excellent. I hope you didn’t mind me mentioning it, but a few posters had thought that they were in the queue for a refund only to find that they weren’t!

We booked direct with P&O. Our May cruise was cancelled on 30th March. I applied for a refund the same day and received a ‘Booking Notification’ showing the cancelled cruise on 31st. The cancellation invoice came through on 3rd April, so if it’s 60 days from then I make that 2nd June, which is now noted in my diary!

I haven't heard anything re cancellation charges.

I have continually messaged my T A and get same replies, their Accounts Dept is trying to hasten my refund ! I feel sorry for them, P&O aren't taking any notice of anyone.

55 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Just out of interest, what is your TA doing to chase up your refund? You appointed them to handle your booking, presumably they should be doing the chasing up for you and any of their other clients. 

My TA is making even worse excuses for not returning monies, the last one being a veiled threat that if I went to the small claims court and they went bust I would have even longer to wait. My cruise was cancelled in February and I am told no chance of a refund till August/September. I am sure this will be extended once we near that time. It is not in the interest of the TA to get money back from the cruise line as they would lose their commission.

• Like 1

My TA received cancellation charges and then filled out forms for the refund.  P&O are not sending the money to the Travel Agents as half of them are closed.  The refunds are apparently coming direct less TA commission.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

My TA received cancellation charges and then filled out forms for the refund.  P&O are not sending the money to the Travel Agents as half of them are closed.  The refunds are apparently coming direct less TA commission.

My transferred booking shows the amount credited from the cancelled cruise as the net amount I paid to my TA, so that also indicates that P&O know what commission discount the TA gave me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm sure they do.  My cheque supposedly will be coming less the TA commission.

I’m a bit confused about this TA commission thing. Presumably customers get back what they paid in total for their cruise and are not left out of pocket?

Nope.  I am informed by my P&O contact that I will receive my refund less the TA commission.  That I would have to take up with them.  I paid my TA, he then pays P&O less his commission.  That makes sense to me.

Edited by jeanlyon

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

"Amen" to that.

I've just been accused of all sorts of things because my knowledge of shipping movements, shop opening hours and weather in 2003 is inaccurate! 

We all have too much time on our hands at the moment. 

I can't believe that wowzz. You're the font of all knowledge 😉😉. Just joking. 

Frustration and boredom, a recipe for disaster. It's safer to keep your head down at the moment. 

Avril 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Nope.  I am informed by my P&O contact that I will receive my refund less the TA commission.  That I would have to take up with them.  I paid my TA, he then pays P&O less his commission.  That makes sense to me.

Maybe I'm thick but I can't get my head round what you are saying.

If I buy a cruise that booking direct would cost £2000 and the TA are selling it for £1850, then I would expect the refund to be £1850. The £150 commission is between P&O and the T A, are you saying I would get £1700 ?