CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

29 minutes ago, chh said:

Thank you glittergal1 for your reply. It helps to know I'm not alone!

Is there a way to see if they have 'lost' my request and allocated me FCC? How have those you mention found out?

I don't want to take up their time by phoning them. Nor to be fair do I have the time to waste trying to phone them!

I emailed them about something to do with a future cruise yesterday (Not a refund so like you didn t want to take up time phoning) and so far I have received 3 acknowledgement emails!!!Hopefully I will receive a reply at some point.I think they are replying to emails but will probably take (at least!) the 28 days they state

18 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Do you have any hard evidence that ‘many’ (not just one or two on social media) have had their requests lost or ignored? I agree that at the moment P&O are a shambles but there is a very good reason why this is the case. The same reason that has forced them to cancel cruises in the first place. Making public allegations of incompetence or fraud is not going to help, even if you believe they are true.

Just look at the official P&O face book page or Twitter not to mention the unofficial forums  enough evidence on there for all to see 

15 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Do you have any hard evidence that ‘many’ (not just one or two on social media) have had their requests lost or ignored? I agree that at the moment P&O are a shambles but there is a very good reason why this is the case. The same reason that has forced them to cancel cruises in the first place. Making public allegations of incompetence or fraud is not going to help, even if you believe they are true.

We have had no acknowledgement, along with many others... 

Glittergal1 won't be the only one stating incompetence. 

We all understand the reasons and difficulties but lack of information and moving of goalposts has raised suspicions. 

One announcement saying something like 'we have 20,000 refunds to process, we have done 1,000 and the rest should be completed in 6/8 weeks' would eliminate many of the anxieties. 

Andy 

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, chh said:

Thank you glittergal1 for your reply. It helps to know I'm not alone!

Is there a way to see if they have 'lost' my request and allocated me FCC? How have those you mention found out?

I don't want to take up their time by phoning them. Nor to be fair do I have the time to waste trying to phone them!

The best thing to do is ring them  those who found out had waited the 45 days they were told a refund would take but it hadnt arrived so they called P&O who said they were down for full FCC. 

we were told 3 different things concerning our Refund/ FCC  (for the 1st we cancelled) We have no idea what we are getting , We should have been getting a full refund due to cancelling under the FCO no cruising for those with health issues however, We were told by our TA a split of FCC and monetary refund , whereas a customer service assistant for P&O told us full refund but another told us  "something odd about your account" he went off to investigate and even though the date of our request was logged the request was removed and Nothing had been logged neither full refund or split FCC /refund we have written to P&O who are "investigating" but this could take 28 days so in the mean time we are awaiting 2 other refunds to which we have had no confirmation for either. 

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Actually there must be many more than 20,000.  6 ships with 10 cruises and 3,000 pax (minimum) - I make that 180,000, so if you halve that because half will take FCC, that's 90,000 refunds?

I haven't a clue Jean.. 

I just plucked some random figures for an example. 

Andy 

• Like 1

And yet if they sent an automated confirmation that the refund request had been made then they wouldn’t have so many calls and emails asking about it! They are creating themselves more work! I know I’m stating the obvious, but....grrrr!

12 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Just look at the official P&O face book page or Twitter not to mention the unofficial forums  enough evidence on there for all to see 

Just because some on social media think their applications have been lost or ignored doesn’t necessarily make it true. A few (not many) may have been told their application has been lost but I find it hard to believe that any can have evidence for their application being ignored. I can understand why they may think it, refunds should be made more quickly, but jumping to conclusions of incompetence or fraud and publishing them as fact is perhaps unwise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

P&O June cruise?  Surely not.  Most are still waiting for March?!!

Might be something they bought on the personeliser.

I got the £70 I paid to reserve plane seat numbers back in about 10 days from P&O.

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Might be something they bought on the personeliser.

I got the £70 I paid to reserve plane seat numbers back in about 10 days from P&O.

I paid £420 for Premium seats and seat choice. I haven't received it.

Just now, bobstheboy said:

I paid £420 for Premium seats and seat choice. I haven't received it.

I had forgotten about the seats I had paid P&O direct with my CC and the credit appeared on my credit card in mid march.

That's made me think,P&O have my CC details from that so they could refund our cruise bill to that.

Have you got any paperwork for paying for your seat?

If you, have email Paul Ludlow with a photo attachment of your confirmation.

First, I am not waiting for a refund.

I thought I would post this to show P&O do seem to be working through the cancellations albeit slowly. We chose FCC. I booked my new cruises on April 2nd but my credit hadn't been applied yet. My cancellation invoice was received on April 3rd. Up until Monday 27th April FCC still had not been applied. I have just checked and it is now on my account. So it has taken about 30 days. My original cruise date was 26th April.

I hope your refunds are also being processed.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I had forgotten about the seats I had paid P&O direct with my CC and the credit appeared on my credit card in mid march.

That's made me think,P&O have my CC details from that so they could refund our cruise bill to that.

Have you got any paperwork for paying for your seat?

If you, have email Paul Ludlow with a photo attachment of your confirmation.

I didn't pay P&O direct, I paid my TA, I...

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just seen someone on Facebook say they’ve had a refund for a June cruise!! Took 38 days...

That can’t be accurate, as June cruises hadn’t even been cancelled 38 days ago!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That can’t be accurate, as June cruises hadn’t even been cancelled 38 days ago!

oh interesting, perhaps they just moved it or perhaps they just think they’re being funny! 😡

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

As you did not receive what you paid for your TA should refund or cc chargeback against your TA if they won't refund.

Yes that's what will happen to me.  I will do a Chargeback eventually but it will be against the TA which is hardly fair, as they sent the full amount to P&O.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

oh interesting, perhaps they just moved it or perhaps they just think they’re being funny! 😡

I think some people like to stir things up and watch the fireworks. There seems to be a lot of "refunds" on fb now. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Avril 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think some people like to stir things up and watch the fireworks. There seems to be a lot of "refunds" on fb now. I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

Avril 

Avril

There are a lot of people on that site, as well as on here, that are planting stories and attempting to manipulate situations.

Think about the out of the blue posts, that almost lead with Oh. I just thought etc etc what's your view. And Lets etc etc whats your favorite?

Paul Ludlow said that they would put information on their web sites? Their web sites is the operative phase.

I am 52 days and waiting, attempts are going on the pacify us, once we reach 60 days, such as; well some people have been refunded. Its nonsense.

I believe that these people led by the company, are making the situation worse.

Keep Safe

1 hour ago, happy v said:

I thought I would post this to show P&O do seem to be working through the cancellations albeit slowly. We chose FCC. I booked my new cruises on April 2nd but my credit hadn't been applied yet. My cancellation invoice was received on April 3rd. Up until Monday 27th April FCC still had not been applied. I have just checked and it is now on my account. So it has taken about 30 days. My original cruise date was 26th April.

Well done- but what about those of us wanting a cash refund? No  information from  P&O at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happy v said:

Where do you see your FCC on your Account ?

I should have an FCC but don't know where to see it.

Edited by bee-ess

5 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Where do you see your FCC on your Account ?

I should have an FCC but don't know where to see it.

With P&O you have to think outside the box. What I did was go to the 'pay for your cruise' page and put the details in. It had been showing the full amount but tonight it is clear.

If you haven't booked another cruise yet I think you would have to do a dummy booking to see if it has been applied. It's just as well we are all sitting at home bored, isn't it?😏

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, happy v said:

. It's just as well we are all sitting at home bored, isn't it?😏

"Amen" to that.

I've just been accused of all sorts of things because my knowledge of shipping movements, shop opening hours and weather in 2003 is inaccurate! 

We all have too much time on our hands at the moment. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

As you did not receive what you paid for your TA should refund or cc chargeback against your TA if they won't refund.

Are you saying the airline supplement refund would have been paid by P&O to my T A ? If so I will give my T A a roasting for holding on to my money. Just checked, it's £439 and I have a final invoice from P&O with it itemised.