CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

My friend is having an issue with her TA over her refund and I wonder if anyone can help with some advice. 

She was due to go on Britainnia's TA at the end of March which P&O cancelled. She was notified of this by her TA and she told him then she wanted a refund. The communication between them has be sporadic. On one call he told her that P&O would only send her vouchers and she told him No, she wanted a refund. She phoned him Friday and again asked about the situation with P&O on the return of her money. He told her that he had been in touch with P&O and told them she wanted a refund and that P&O will be in touch with her and that THEY would pay the refund to her. Now I know that that is total hogwash but what would be the best thing for her to do?

By the way, it's not an independent travel company. I know we can't use names but I'll just say " chicken house "

Avril 

Give up. KFC?????😂

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Keep up Avril... 

I can't believe anyone is struggling to understand P&O's clear guidance😂😂😂

Andy 

26 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Norty boy Andy!!  Avril, I would have assumed it would have gone to the TA, but I think because a lot of TAs are closed, P&O decided to refund direct with a cheque.

Andy.   

P&O's clear guidance is only understood by members of Mensa or scientists from the planet Zog.

Jean

I wasn't even thinking about TA's  being closed. I can't always remember what day of the week it is lately. I'm  used to Andy now though. I've even threatened him with the naughty step and nothing works. I can give as good as I get. It's Michelle I feel sorry for.😆

Avril 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm  used to Andy now though. I've even threatened him with the naughty step and nothing works. I can give as good as I get. It's Michelle I feel sorry for.

Avril 

Maybe Andy is really Michelle. 😇

• Like 2

It is anyone's guess how refunds are given, this is an extract of the email I got last week from P&O

I am pleased to advise that your refund has been approved by our finance team and we are working to get this sent you as soon as possible. As your booking was paid via your travel agent this refund will be processed by BACS payment to you and we therefore require the following detail in order that we may process this to you directly

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It is anyone's guess how refunds are given, this is an extract of the email I got last week from P&O

I am pleased to advise that your refund has been approved by our finance team and we are working to get this sent you as soon as possible. As your booking was paid via your travel agent this refund will be processed by BACS payment to you and we therefore require the following detail in order that we may process this to you directly

Bizarre.  I thought it was a cheque if you used a TA

Edited by jeanlyon

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Bizarre.  I thought it was a cheque if you used a TA

Andy said some TAs forward your card details direct to P&O and if you check your cc statement it will show payment to P&O and maybe these will be Bacs to your cc.

In our case the payment was taken by the Eskimo TA as shown on our cc statement so P&O can only send a cheque direct to us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Only if they can't work from home... 

Who knows Jean, that was as clear as mud... 

Andy 

Anyone wanting clarity on what Boris has said should Google the video clip made by Matt Lucas this evening “I think this is what Boris said?”  Hilarious. 

Edit - Google search not finding it yet (too soon), but it was posted on FB, which I don’t use but was sent to me by someone. 

Edited by Selbourne
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Andy said some TAs forward your card details direct to P&O and if you check your cc statement it will show payment to P&O and maybe these will be Bacs to your cc.

In our case the payment was taken by the Eskimo TA as shown on our cc statement so P&O can only send a cheque direct to us.

The details that they wanted were bank account to pay into and it came in 3 days later.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I thought it was fairly clear.  If you CAN work from home you should continue, if you can't (like builders, manufacturing) then your bosses must make it safe for you to go to work.

Yes, it was clear but very odd to say ‘from tomorrow’ as this will throw employers and employees into utter chaos. Would have made more sense to have said from Wednesday, so that employers have a day or two to make workplaces suitable and issue guidance to staff. Giving 12 hours notice was ludicrous IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The details that they wanted were bank account to pay into and it came in 3 days later.

Great news I'm pleased for you.

I asked P&O on Friday

Can I give you my bank details to do a Bacs payment.

They said No it has to be a cheque.

Edited by grapau27

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Yes, it was clear but very odd to say ‘from tomorrow’ as this will throw employers and employees into utter chaos. Would have made more sense to have said from Wednesday, so that employers have a day or two to make workplaces suitable and issue guidance to staff. Giving 12 hours notice was ludicrous IMO. 

I totally agree.

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news I'm pleased for you.

I asked P&O on Friday

Can I give you my bank details to do a Bacs payment.

They said No it has to be a cheque.

Different people dealing with it.  I wish that they could be consistent.  This refund wasn't applied for until 25th April and yet other people are waiting months.  The only thing that we can think is that we had such a bad experience on Oceans at the end of Feb and had been dealing with guest services about that that they decided to treat us as a priority.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Some agents dont process your card through their own systems. Instead they process the card through the P&O system. That means that P&O take the funds direct and have your card number. The agents dont transfer card details.

• Like 1

I just looked at the email about out refund and found this at the bottom that maybe of interest

Please note that all correspondence should now be sent to us via email. Carnival house is now closed due to the covid-19 lock-down. All of our personnel are now working from home.

I may also send / respond to emails outside of normal working hours, I do not expect an immediate response as I appreciate everyone is working differently at the current time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I thought it was fairly clear.  If you CAN work from home you should continue, if you can't (like builders, manufacturing) then your bosses must make it safe for you to go to work.

I'm not a "Boris" fan but I agree it was fairly clear. The problem is that in this country too many people don't take responsibility for themselves. You have to educate yourself and consider the consequences and make your own decision. That's why the majority of us won't be cruising for a long time and why we will avoid contact with other people. On the other hand there are people who blame the government because they are forced into staying at home and are putting on weight. I find it incredible that some people are comparing this with what the British people endured during WW2. Rant over!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dgs1956 said:

I'm not a "Boris" fan but I agree it was fairly clear. The problem is that in this country too many people don't take responsibility for themselves. You have to educate yourself and consider the consequences and make your own decision. That's why the majority of us won't be cruising for a long time and why we will avoid contact with other people. On the other hand there are people who blame the government because they are forced into staying at home and are putting on weight. I find it incredible that some people are comparing this with what the British people endured during WW2. Rant over!!

What he has said tonight only applies to England, the other 3 nations have agreed different rules and effectively have extended for a further 3 weeks with minor tweaks.

For those without private transport, or bicycle and live outside of walking distance, going to work will put them more at risk as they will only have public transport as an option.

Will be interesting how the HoC react tomorrow when he brings it to the House as the opposition will have had chance to study the detail.

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am sure that everyone will get their refunds but when I looked on twitter it looks like they are telling everyone 60 days but are dealing with refunds in date order and lots of people are screaming for their refunds.

Ours was cancelled March 13th and the cruise was March 20th Azura TA.

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Do you not watch television?

TV channel 1 is BBC 1 on Freeview.

C22 is idealworld who promote various products including a cruise program on a Tuesday night.

No, sorry, just use the TV internet guide to see what is on,  but usually just go straight to Netflix or iplayer. 

Just watched the first two episodes of the new series of "Dead To Me", almost finished "The Reckoning", and I'm watching "Afterlife" alone as Mrs W isn't keen on the language!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No, sorry, just use the TV internet guide to see what is on,  but usually just go straight to Netflix or iplayer. 

Just watched the first two episodes of the new series of "Dead To Me", almost finished "The Reckoning", and I'm watching "Afterlife" alone as Mrs W isn't keen on the language!

Cheers.