Who needs a cut and color?

3 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Hubby asked me to cut his hair - Not.  Gonna.  Do.  It.   He's too picky & I kind of like being married to him. Although this shut in with him is really trying my patience 😂

Years ago when money was tight I cut my DH's hair a few times. Several weeks ago I ordered a pair of haircutting scissors on Amazon and got them yesterday. I plan to cut his when he needs it. I also used to use clippers on both our sons when they were under age 12 and give them a buzz cut every summer. So much easier with them being outside and sweating so much.  My hair on the other hand will just have to be what it is.  No way I'm cutting it or letting him either lol.

• Like 2

DH has been cutting his for many years now. As you can see by our avatar, he doesn't have much to cut! Mine is short and my bangs are really long now but don't want to attempt to cut them myself, so I'll wait for my salon to open. I touch up my own gray roots when I can't stand them anymore! I let it grow out almost completely gray once but it aged me at least by 10 years, so started root touch ups again. Vanity, I guess. Wish I looked as great as LaLa!!

Our dog groomer here in Indy comes to our house and clips him outside (practicing social distancing). She just does the clipping and I bathe him afterward.

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have the gray but I'm too old to have hair as long as Laura's.  

For those going gray, Shimmer Lights is a great shampoo, if you can get it.Use it once a week, leave it on a few minutes and rinse.  Brightens grey, removes any yellow.  Just don’t use too much or you will like the little, old blue haired ladies!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone on here who lives in Georgia can get your lovely locks taken care of beginning Friday.  My niece is a hairdresser there & she's excited to get back to work.  

I didn't realize how important bowling is over there.  Apparently they're opening lanes as well.  No thank you.  Too many places for this virus to land on.  🥴

4 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Anyone on here who lives in Georgia can get your lovely locks taken care of beginning Friday.  My niece is a hairdresser there & she's excited to get back to work.  

I didn't realize how important bowling is over there.  Apparently they're opening lanes as well.  No thank you.  Too many places for this virus to land on.  🥴

What could possibly go wrong with bowling? You wear community shoes that goodness knows how many feet have been in and then pick up a community ball and then stick your fingers into the holes😊

Edited by blueridgemama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BND said:

Unfortunately I have about a quarter of the hair that Laura has.  

Laura had a bob last February. I liked it, but she prefers long. Her big issue is getting it to relax and lay flat.  The weight holds it down as it gets longer. 

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

Made it in the nick of time to my hairdresser who fit me for a cut the evening before salons were shut down. Luckily it is still too chilly here to wear shoes that expose the toes. I am not grey enough to forgo highlights- hoping that May 1 will bring relief to beauty and barber shops here.

The stylists and nail techs are among the most financially vulnerable during this time. It would be easy to develop guidelines for social distancing that would allow salons to re-open and I will gladly abide by them! 

I bought some gift certificates from my masseuse to help her out. I bet I'm first in line come May. You should inquire about that with your stylist😉

1 hour ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Just curious if your niece knows how they're going to maintain social distancing once the salons reopen.  I've been wondering about that.  I'm assuming the stylists will be required to wear masks, but you can't maintain 6 feet distance when you're doing someone's hair.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Just curious if your niece knows how they're going to maintain social distancing once the salons reopen.  I've been wondering about that.  I'm assuming the stylists will be required to wear masks, but you can't maintain 6 feet distance when you're doing someone's hair.

Just talked to her & her salon (much to her bank account's dismay) has made the decision not to reopen.  They would wear a mask & require customers to also wear a mask.  The problem they are having is finding masks that keep out the majority of germs/virus & they can't find sanitizer or spray disinfectant anywhere.  

She also said when they do go back the customer will have to text upon arrival as they will only be able to have 1 customer per stylist in salon, no children.  The stylists there are now cutting garbage bags in shape of cape because they can't find disposable ones & they will definitely need those.  She said sadly It will be their new normal for a while. 

Edited by IcanSeaclearlynow

5 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Just talked to her & her salon (much to her bank account's dismay) has made the decision not to reopen.  They would wear a mask & require customers to also wear a mask.  The problem they are having is finding masks that keep out the majority of germs/virus & they can't find sanitizer or spray disinfectant anywhere.  

Wow that's a shame.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

She also said when they do go back the customer will have to text upon arrival as they will only be able to have 1 customer per stylist in salon, no children.  The stylists there are now cutting garbage bags in shape of cape because they can't find disposable ones & they will definitely need those.  She said sadly It will be their new normal for a while. 

That's a shame. It's going to take a long time just to restock basic materials just to conduct business. Stories like this only continue to confirm that cruising is a long way off.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's a shame. It's going to take a long time just to restock basic materials just to conduct business. Stories like this only continue to confirm that cruising is a long way off.

We did a Face Time with relatives who moved from Long Island to Caiifornia 40 years ago.We last saw them in 2002 and discovered that we all have white hair now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I know it's trivial right now but this 49 y/o is starting to look sixty with my grey roots and shaggy hair.  This lockdown can't end soon enough.  Starting to go crazy

For many years I had shoulder length hair and a beard almost as long.Mrs.66 wanted me to trim both and I did .Now I have the chance to go back to my younger days.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

For many years I had shoulder length hair and a beard almost as long.Mrs.66 wanted me to trim both and I did .Now I have the chance to go back to my younger days.

🎵...give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there hair, shoulder length or longer
Here, baby, there, momma, everywhere, daddy, daddy
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it...✌️

• Haha 2

Just now, davekathy said:

🎵...give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there hair, shoulder length or longer
Here, baby, there, momma, everywhere, daddy, daddy
Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it...✌️

I saw HAIR twice,the first ever production and the most recent one.

In 1972 I began a job that lasted 25 years.The day that I began I had a beard like the ZZ Top guys and shoulder length hair.I was the only male employee who looked like that and many of the guys working there there insults and fists at me.When I left the job I had the shortest hair and beard.😀.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

LOL I also have a full lumberjack beard which is now halfway down my chest.

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I saw HAIR twice,the first ever production and the most recent one.

In 1972 I began a job that lasted 25 years.The day that I began I had a beard like the ZZ Top guys and shoulder length hair.I was the only male employee who looked like that and many of the guys working there there insults and fists at me.When I left the job I had the shortest hair and beard.😀.

I got drafted in 1970. Had hair down to the middle of my back. Let's just say that didn't go over well when I showed up for basic training. Those dudes can cut hair really fast. 🤬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I got drafted in 1970. Had hair down to the middle of my back. Let's just say that didn't go over well when I showed up for basic training. Those dudes can cut hair really fast. 🤬

I first grew my hair long in November 1970.In January 1971 I got a job because I had long hair.It was for the US Dept.of Labor re training soldiers back from Vietnam to help them get jobs.They wanted young guys with long hair and beards because the soldiers could identify with them because that was how they looked when they came to our office.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Remember Alice’s Restaurant ? 😀