Who needs a cut and color?

DH tried cutting his own hair with some clipper thing. He turned around and asked me if it looked okay? I said yes, except for that bald spot near your neck where you shaved it too close. It looks fine on the top and front. Much cursing and swearing ensued from the bathroom. I didn't want to help, I know nothing about cutting hair. :classic_huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My highlights definitely need doing, I've actually started to worry about how difficult it's going to be to get an appointment once the hairdressers are allowed to open, I'm sure everyone will want one🙂.

• Like 4

I look like a lion right now. I need a barber.. always hated having too much hair on my head. I mean, I even thought of changing my overall style now but the longer I am being isolated, the more I start to hate my hair style right now. The first thing I will do when it ends is book in a barbershop lol.. and shave it all! Kernow, totalyl agree. I am afraid the barber shops will be overbooked 

I saw some state on the east coast had barbers opening but not beauty shops. I was wondering how many women decide to see if the male barbers can cut their hair.

I cant remember was it Georgia or N. or S. Carolina? 

Edited by firefly333
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I know it's trivial right now but this 49 y/o is starting to look sixty with my grey roots and shaggy hair.  This lockdown can't end soon enough.  Starting to go crazy

Take a trip to Georgia, it is essential there.  Could be tricky wearing a mask during the cut, keeping your distance.

I've postponed my usual hair/coloring/highlighting in order to do it the day before cruising...

Cruise cancelled, but I've kept my original appointment, since for highlights he needs to free 3 hours.

Lockdown ensued suddenly.... and I'm like 3 months "overdue"....😷

• Like 1

I’ve always colored my own hair and have always received compliments on it (once I was getting a cut and the stylist in the next section said to my stylist,whose specialty was color, that’s a great color job - she said shush, she does it herself). I have a box of color and one of root touch up but since I live alone and don’t leave the house often I’m holding off doing it. I use the thinning shears I use to trim the cats to keep my bangs neat. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Watching the Today Show. Someone is going to give a crash course on how to color roots.

I have highlights - not going to try to do that on my own!  The only time I ever tried to color my own hair it turned a terrible brassy shade, so I will never attempt that again.

• Like 3

Unfortunately I have acrylic with gel polish on my nails.  Now grown out about half way up the nail.   I just keep trimming and filing.   I live in PA and looks like we will enter phase 1 on or about may 8th.  Hopefully that will include nail salon for my fingers.  Toes I did myself but cuticles definitely need help.  

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

Things are getting serious!  My hubby who is very fussy about his hair allowed me the give him a haircut.  I propped my i-pad up and watched a video on doing a mans haircut.

I Must say it doesn’t look too bad, but I’m sure his barber isn’t in any danger of being replaced.

I was able to get my hair cut and colored just before closings.  I have hats if things get ugly.

I can do a manicure and pedicure myself, but I would really enjoy a pedicure right now, just to relax.

Edited by TinkBellaMom

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was so happy that I went to salon day before shutdown and get hair nails and pedi.  My hairs doing ok it's my nails that need lots of love.

I had my ‘cruising’ full head of highlights and cut long scheduled a few days prior.  It’s been over a month, but really could use another hair cut.  

Wouldn’t dream of trying to do any sort of blonde on darker hair at home. When the roots come in I’ll fit right in with general population of non-natural blondes lol

Thinking all the food I’ve been eating sitting around the house has caused the hair to grow faster...same with my butt:)

have been buzzing the mr’s hair for over a decade, have gotten pretty good at if I do say so myself.  The online pictures of celeb dudes who didn’t do quite a stellar job their 1st attempt out of the gate are priceless.

Edited by keishashadow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

Frozen pizza - ugh.  Tried one last week for the 1st time in probably 10 years.   I’ll give away the 2 that are left in my freezer 😝.  We could do some serious damage to a Dominos pepperoni deep dish right about now.   

Don't give those pizzas away!!  You are sitting on gold!  Frozen gold.  Barter.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, voyager70 said:

I would pay $200 for a haircut before I buy a frozen pizza

I normally do spend at least that on cut and color.  So, saving some money right now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

DH tried cutting his own hair with some clipper thing. He turned around and asked me if it looked okay? I said yes, except for that bald spot near your neck where you shaved it too close. It looks fine on the top and front. Much cursing and swearing ensued from the bathroom. I didn't want to help, I know nothing about cutting hair. :classic_huh:

Did you see Anderson Cooper?  On the news last night they were talking about people cutting their own hair.  He shaved a little too close on one swath on the side of his head.  You can't see it when he faces forward, but when he turns his head you can.

• Haha 1

I know.  It'll be interesting when we are allowed to return to the office/workforce, but yet won't be able to book a hair appointment beforehand (I'm sure it'll be impossible get an appointment for awhile). How embarrassing...but guess everyone over x years will be in the same boat.

Made it in the nick of time to my hairdresser who fit me for a cut the evening before salons were shut down. Luckily it is still too chilly here to wear shoes that expose the toes. I am not grey enough to forgo highlights- hoping that May 1 will bring relief to beauty and barber shops here.

The stylists and nail techs are among the most financially vulnerable during this time. It would be easy to develop guidelines for social distancing that would allow salons to re-open and I will gladly abide by them! 

• Like 2