Westerdam crew video

Copper10-8

Oh, Copper, thank you so much for posting this.  I started crying so hard I had to play this video several times to get through it.  I feel so badly for the crews of all the lines as I do for our fellow Americans who can't do their jobs or who have lost their jobs.  It's heartbreaking.  I've always been appreciative of the crew, the jobs they do, and how much they are part of my memories.  What a beautiful, beautiful video.  

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

I've always been appreciative of the crew, the jobs they do, and how much they are part of my memories.  What a beautiful, beautiful video.  

My thought precisely!  Somewhere in my Favorites, I have a video that the Westerdam's crew made during a Christmas season.  It's obvious from the video that these were people who weren't going to be "home for Christmas".  Viewing it touches my soul.  It reminds me of what these good people sacrifice to provide for us a pleasant cruise/vacation experience.

God Bless Them!

• Like 3

I am not usually a sentimental person, but thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing this wonderful video, Copper John!

My fondest cruising wish is to be able to board the Westerdam in Fort Lauderdale on April 5, 2021 for 27 nights and at the end of that cruise in Venice, stay aboard for 23 more nights.  

• Like 3

Thank you for posting this video.  The HAL crew is the best at sea.  Every cruise I have taken the crew is one of the highlights!   A big part of the memories.  Hoping to be on the Westie Jan 10 2021.   

• Like 1

Thanks Copper for posting this, it breaks my heart and I cannot wait til we can start sailing again........I have a cruise booked for next March, praying all this uncertainty is settled by then and we can once again start sailing.......

• Like 1

Thank you for such a touching video... my husband and myself were on the Asia cruise on westerdam starting Jan 16 2020 by Jan 31 things changed drastically on the world stage and we were “at sea” for another 16 days as the amazing crew and staff worked on getting us to a port . We all  remained healthy and safe thru this “adventure “ . HAL was amazing in providing all of us hotel accommodation in Cambodia , on ground reps from HAL along with several government agencies worked hard to get us all safely back to our home countries. The two of us landed home feb 21. Nothing but accolades to all that took such good care of us . We will certainly sail with HAL again. ❤️❤️

• Like 3

Thanks for posting the video.  It is very touching.

My husband and I were supposed to take our first HAL cruise this June to Alaska.  Of course, it's been cancelled.  I am looking forward to eventually sailing with HAL. 

9 hours ago, doone said:

Thanks Copper for posting this, it breaks my heart and I cannot wait til we can start sailing again........I have a cruise booked for next March, praying all this uncertainty is settled by then and we can once again start sailing.......

Doone:  I am eying with suspicion all of this "uncertainty."  By the end of the year we will find more dying of the flu than Covet 19. I smell acting from fear and acting from fear is irrational.  Acting with fear is rational. Remember what FDR Said: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Himself said:

Doone:  I am eying with suspicion all of this "uncertainty."  By the end of the year we will find more dying of the flu than Covet 19. I smell acting from fear and acting from fear is irrational.  Acting with fear is rational. Remember what FDR Said: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." 

I like your positivity and with that I will remain positive I will be taking my 2021 cruise on the NS👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Himself said:

Remember what FDR Said: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." 

FDR provided positive leadership.  Never did he say that he was leading "from his gut".  

Not knowing the "gut" of the 45th President of the United States, I would surely not depend upon my gut to influence decisions that I make in my life.  

On 5/4/2020 at 5:58 PM, Himself said:

Dear Father,

I was wondering if you could include in your daily intentions the souls of my 68 year old cousin and my sister's 71 year old friend who have recently died from "fear and uncertainty". 

Again you quote FDR and the flu. Covid-19 is far from irrational fear, at least in my neck of the woods. FDR was talking about economic fear not biological disease.

This is a continuance of your previous comments at the start of this epidemic that it is perfectly OK to go on a cruise ship.

Until a proven treatment for the virus is developed and a vaccine proven and distributed the fear in my area is far from irrational and far from a FDR quote and I will stay far away from crowds including those on cruise ships.

Even now the medical community is saying the original virus in China has mutated into a more contagious form. There is the possibility it may do so again.

I hope you consider the effect your statements may have on the future health of people who read your posts.

I will continue to pray for a solution to this situation.