Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

15 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

Did you need to go through some link or was calling OK? Purely by coincidence, I called and booked flights for my rescheduled 2023 Galapagos cruise on Friday. I was calling about seats for my February flights and got a REALLY GOOD agent, and he got me a great deal on my Quito flights. I was on the phone with him for over an hour and a half!

For some reason, I have stopped getting the Power-up Points emails. I wonder if there is a way to get them to restart?

i have the same issue of not getting notices.  I emailed Celebeity 3 days ago with no response back as of today.

On 11/15/2022 at 1:15 PM, shipshape sam said:

i have the same issue of not getting notices.  I emailed Celebeity 3 days ago with no response back as of today.

I found an old Power Up email and there is a link to sign up for the mailings:

Celebrity Cruises Communication Sign-up | Celebrity Cruises

I thought we would get another opportunity when I saw this e-mail.  Disappointed again. ☹️

As we approach the holiday season, I want to take a moment to wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving. It has been quite a year for us at Celebrity Cruises and none of it would be possible without you, our most loyal guests.

Our newest Edge® Series ship, Celebrity BeyondSM, made her debut in the US and we kicked off her inaugural Caribbean season with an amazing naming ceremony on November 4th led by godmother Simone Biles and featuring beautiful performances from Leona Lewis. It was a moment I will never forget.

Isnt it time to awaken a Caribbean journey filled with wonder?

And most recently, we announced our 2024-2025 season. It is our most ambitious season of sailings ever, with nearly 500 sailings that send our 16 Relaxed LuxurySM ships, including Celebrity AscentSM, the fourth ship in the highly acclaimed Edge Series, to more than 250 destinations in 70 countries. Highlights include year-round sailings with more than 40 different itineraries in Europe, Edge Series ships deployed to new regions of the world including Alaska, year-round sailings in Asia, new 3-night Caribbean itineraries, and so much more. Be sure to check out all the details at celebritycruises.com/2024-2025-cruises.

Lastly, as you may know, I will be hosting my next Celebrate with the CEO cruise in Alaska next summer on Celebrity SolsticeSM on June 23rd. On my last cruise, Captain Dimitris Kafetzis joined me in his home country to curate all our guest tours in the Greek Isles. I’m thrilled to share that we’ll be continuing the tradition! Captain Kate McCue, our American Captain, will join me in Alaska to plan and host all the exclusive excursions and events both on and off the ship. So, book now!! And stay tuned for more exciting announcements.

Whether you’re looking to escape the cold this winter in the Caribbean, or plan an epic escape to the exotics, there’s truly no better way to see the world than with Celebrity Cruises. Our biggest Black Friday event ever is going on now – you don’t want to miss it!

I wish you a wonderful holiday filled with fun, good food, family, friends, and maybe some football! Thank you, as always, for your ongoing support and I hope to see you on board soon.
All my best,
LLP, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises
LLP
President & CEO, Celebrity Cruises

13 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I thought we would get another opportunity when I saw this e-mail.  Disappointed again. ☹️

As we approach the holiday season, I want to take a moment to wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving. It has been quite a year for us at Celebrity Cruises and none of it would be possible without you, our most loyal guests.

Our newest Edge® Series ship, Celebrity BeyondSM, made her debut in the US and we kicked off her inaugural Caribbean season with an amazing naming ceremony on November 4th led by godmother Simone Biles and featuring beautiful performances from Leona Lewis. It was a moment I will never forget.

And most recently, we announced our 2024-2025 season. It is our most ambitious season of sailings ever, with nearly 500 sailings that send our 16 Relaxed LuxurySM ships, including Celebrity AscentSM, the fourth ship in the highly acclaimed Edge Series, to more than 250 destinations in 70 countries. Highlights include year-round sailings with more than 40 different itineraries in Europe, Edge Series ships deployed to new regions of the world including Alaska, year-round sailings in Asia, new 3-night Caribbean itineraries, and so much more. Be sure to check out all the details at celebritycruises.com/2024-2025-cruises.

Lastly, as you may know, I will be hosting my next Celebrate with the CEO cruise in Alaska next summer on Celebrity SolsticeSM on June 23rd. On my last cruise, Captain Dimitris Kafetzis joined me in his home country to curate all our guest tours in the Greek Isles. I’m thrilled to share that we’ll be continuing the tradition! Captain Kate McCue, our American Captain, will join me in Alaska to plan and host all the exclusive excursions and events both on and off the ship. So, book now!! And stay tuned for more exciting announcements.

Whether you’re looking to escape the cold this winter in the Caribbean, or plan an epic escape to the exotics, there’s truly no better way to see the world than with Celebrity Cruises. Our biggest Black Friday event ever is going on now – you don’t want to miss it!

I wish you a wonderful holiday filled with fun, good food, family, friends, and maybe some football! Thank you, as always, for your ongoing support and I hope to see you on board soon.
All my best,
LLP

That was my reaction as well when I read the Happy Thanksgiving email....

4 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

All my best,
LLP

Come on, Lisa.  Can you spare a couple of Power Up Points for the holidays?!

She was on my NYE cruise last year, FWIW.  Seems like a nice lady, but I could also see her being a tough cookie.

57 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

She was on my NYE cruise last year, FWIW.  Seems like a nice lady, but I could also see her being a tough cookie.

The only way you get to the top is by holding your own.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Lisa got where she is today through her due diligence. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Lutoff-Perlo

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Lisa got where she is today through her due diligence. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Lutoff-Perlo

I'll suggest that the jury is still out on her performance.  Celebrity adopted the E-class ships under watch and those ships have some polarizing design attributes that cause many long-time cruisers to look for other alternatives.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'll suggest that the jury is still out on her performance.  Celebrity adopted the E-class ships under watch and those ships have some polarizing design attributes that cause many long-time cruisers to look for other alternatives.

That's what’s great about having choices. X offers a variety of different ships.

We have no need to look elsewhere for “alternatives”. YMMV.

1 minute ago, C-Dragons said:

That's what’s great about having choices. X offers a variety of different ships.

No, that's not really true.  Celebrity is assigning some of the newest and most interesting itineraries to the E-class ships, so you really don't have a choice with Celebrity if you don't like the E-class ships.  I also expect some of the M-class ships to exit the fleet in the near future.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Unfortunately, there are many that choose a sailing based on itinerary or point of embarkation, not just the ship. That group might need to look at other cruise lines to avoid E-class ships.

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Unfortunately, there are many that choose a sailing based on itinerary or point of embarkation, not just the ship. That group might need to look at other cruise lines to avoid E-class ships.

Yep, I'm in that group of people.  For the last 6 - 7 years, it seemed like I've always had at least 4 cruises reserved at a time, all have been with Celebrity.  Now I only have two reserved, both with Celebrity.   LLP has forced me to explore other vacation options.  Maybe she did me a favor.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools

44 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

No, that's not really true.  Celebrity is assigning some of the newest and most interesting itineraries to the E-class ships, so you really don't have a choice with Celebrity if you don't like the E-class ships.  I also expect some of the M-class ships to exit the fleet in the near future.  

As I've mentioned before, it's my opinion that Celebrity intended on dumping Infinity and Constellation, which are the only 2 M-class ships not revolutionized.  In fact, that was actually announced by Pullmantur, the supposed acquirer.  While Celebrity later denied this, where there's smoke, there's fire, and I'm pretty sure Pullmantur didn't make this announcement for no reason, but they obviously made it prematurely.

In the end, despite efforts to revive and refloat the company (pardon the pun), Pullmantur folded and Constellation and Infinity remain with Celebrity.

One would assume that it would make sense to dump those ships on multiple grounds due to their age, but time will tell.

17 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Yep, I'm in that group of people.  For the last 6 - 7 years, it seemed like I've always had at least 4 cruises reserved at a time, all have been with Celebrity.  Now I only have two reserved, both with Celebrity.   LLP has forced me to explore other vacation options.  Maybe she did me a favor.

Same here. My next 2 cruises are both on Celebrity. One in a RS booked before X went insane with respect to Retreat pricing. The second, I nearly went with Oceania, but the Greenland/Iceland itinerary on X was superior.

Going forward, who knows. I will say that I've done a ton of research on other cruise lines lately. Celebrity is no longer my automatic first choice.

ETA: looking at the title of this thread, it would appear that we've digressed.

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I also expect some of the M-class ships to exit the fleet in the near future.  

They have been rumored to be exiting the fleet for about ten years. Sooner or later they will. At this point in time probably sooner than later. The Edge class ships are so different, so different that Celebrity is like two different lines. 

7 hours ago, RichYak said:

Going forward, who knows. I will say that I've done a ton of research on other cruise lines lately. Celebrity is no longer my automatic first choice.

Celebrity was never my automatic choice but I tended to book more Celebrity than other lines. Now it is not my first choice. Still a choice but  I am moving my prefeences to lines like Oceania. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Celebrity was never my automatic choice but I tended to book more Celebrity than other lines. Now it is not my first choice. Still a choice but  I am moving my prefeences to lines like Oceania. 

Why would you or anyone go to Oceania?  Didn't you hear about the ship within a ship concept on the E-class ships?  This is a big part of the E-class ship design and LLP's legacy.

12 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Why?

Oceania is very much like the Celebrity we first tried. No obvious class distinctions, excellent food, a lack of extra charge specialty restaurants, a more refined surrounding and slightly better customer service.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Can we get back to power up points please? 

interesting discussions about other cruise lines but they deserve their own thread IMO

Here’s hoping that tgere are more PUP opportunities in the near future

There are no PUP opportunities, we're just killing time until Celebrity provides another opportunity.  As soon as there is another PUP opportunity, we'll return to normal programming.

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Oceania is very much like the Celebrity we first tried. No obvious class distinctions, excellent food, a lack of extra charge specialty restaurants, a more refined surrounding and slightly better customer service.

I agree with the above and will add that the smaller Oceania ships can do itineraries and call at ports that the larger Celebrity ships can’t do. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1