Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

We each got our 1 PUP for the June Caribbean quiz.   So, since our first 2 PUPs were earned in June 2020, we have now earned exactly 100 points each, all without doing any of the booking activities.  

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

The point for the July quiz will be credited in mid-August.

We did the June quiz on 6/8 and the July quiz on 7/6 so they are now taking 6 weeks to add the points?  I thought activities before mid month were credit at mid month and those completed after mid month were credited the next month.  Maybe not.

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I thought activities before mid month were credit at mid month and those completed after mid month were credited the next month.

Unless otherwise specified, it's always the middle of the following month, no matter when the opportunity comes up.

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Like 3

On 7/8/2022 at 9:57 AM, swjumbo said:

I’ve got two topical questions for the quiz:

Do people who post answers to the quiz on Cruise Critic realise that they are spoiling it for the rest of us? True or False.

Are those who are using these answers and not bothering to even make a little effort cheats? Yes or No.

X

Teachers pet?

1 hour ago, amcco said:

So far we are missing 4 points. One each from March, April, June and now July. I think I am going to have to stop emailing and call. And wait on hold forever lol

I am in the same boat, only with 10 points from two separate videos.  I called on June 14 and after a couple hours on hold/transferred, connected with Jenn in Celebrity Engagement Center.  Since I started keeping screen shots of the final screen from PUP activities, she asked me to email her those screen shots. On June 17 I got an email saying that she had gotten the screen shots and forwarded them to Loyalty Dept.  Jenn said she would follow and let me know when the points had been added... 30-45 days.

Forward to yesterday and I emailed Jenn again to ask her to also look into the point that should have been added on 7/14.

We are Elite and will likely never make Zenith, but will get to Elite Plus in a couple of years.  Not that there are any great benefits to E+... now it's just the point that if I do the quiz or watch the video it should be very easy for the computer to give me the points.

Good luck with your calls if you decide to take a half day to do that... lol

• Like 1

I haven't received the point yet for the June quiz.  I really hope it shows up so I don't have to deal with the hassle of contacting someone.  I feel like we should earn points for the time we sometimes spend on hold.  😆

This is the first time I've had a delay receiving points.  Has anyone had a delay but then the point eventually shows up or if it hasn't posted by the date they said then it's 'lost' out there somewhere?  

🍹

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

It is bizarre. My husband has 10 points more than I do, despite the fact that we have both done every power up opportunity that's been offered. 

It doesn't make any difference really, we are Elite, but it is just weird. 

Us as well. Despite having accounts linked, and despite entering both numbers for webinars and doing the quizzes twice! 

• Like 1

I have called multiple times trying to get an accounting of PUP awarded for Husband & I. Was told I would receive an email with this information. I have kept my own spread sheet on completed points and nothing matches up. If I had their accounting to compare with mine I could find the discrepancies. I have a strong feeling that the points for participation by both (i.e. videos) of us hasn't been credited properly.  

FYI:  Was told that points are updated on the 14th of the month and appear on the 15th. My experience is that this hold true.

1 minute ago, patty1955 said:

Since we are 2217 Points to Zenith, I don't really worry about a few points. 

So the 20,000 PUP super quiz would be attractive to you.

I've made it to Elite + but I still haven't been able to link my account with my DW's account.  I tried calling the 800 number on the website but after about 2 hours on hold and waiting a month, I wasn't able to resolve the issue.  I've engaged my highly placed connections at Celebrity to help resolve the issue.

On 7/16/2022 at 4:47 AM, RosieCanberra said:

It is bizarre. My husband has 10 points more than I do, despite the fact that we have both done every power up opportunity that's been offered. 

It doesn't make any difference really, we are Elite, but it is just weird. 

Have you linked your accounts?   With linked accounts,  you will both be treated as having the amount of points of the spouse with the higher amount.

This requires a call in (frustrating that you can't do it on line).  When I called in to link our accounts, I had a laundry list of items to discuss including missing points.  Once I got through to someone, the rep was wonderful.   She resolved all of my questions  and as an end result, I was credited with 15 missing points.

As a side note, has anyone else noticed that the sales blurbs you are subjected while on hold are overwhelmingly focused on Suites and the Retreat?   Easy to see where Celebrity is focusing their efforts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, capecodmercury said:

Have you linked your accounts?   With linked accounts,  you will both be treated as having the amount of points of the spouse with the higher amount.

This requires a call in (frustrating that you can't do it on line).  When I called in to link our accounts, I had a laundry list of items to discuss including missing points.  Once I got through to someone, the rep was wonderful.   She resolved all of my questions  and as an end result, I was credited with 15 missing points.

As a side note, has anyone else noticed that the sales blurbs you are subjected while on hold are overwhelmingly focused on Suites and the Retreat?   Easy to see where Celebrity is focusing their efforts.

Oh thanks for the tip. I didn't realise we could link our accounts. 

That's what I love about CC, I learn something new every time. 

• Thanks 1