Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

If you don’t want/need to participate in this program, that's great.
But why denigrate it when others are happy to have the opportunity to get extra points without sailing?

Boy, you are truly clueless about what I wrote. I just said that these "quizzes' are a time waster, so I appreciate it when people post the answers so I don't have to waste quite as much time on it. If others consider this cheating, they shouldn't be reading this thread.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Boy, you are truly clueless about what I wrote. I just said that these "quizzes' are a time waster, so I appreciate it when people post the answers so I don't have to waste quite as much time on it. If others consider this cheating, they shouldn't be reading this thread.

This!

Cheers

26 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Then don't read the thread.

The thread was about letting people know when the emails went out and the points awarded. Then a few decided to post spoilers.I guess the quizzes are too difficult for some. It has always been evident that some members have comprehension issues. The thread was not about spoilers. I don’t really care though since I am Elite Plus and need 2000 points to get to Zenith. I do the quizzes and webinars for fun. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

Just now, Charles4515 said:

The thread was about letting people know when the emails went out and the points awarded. Then a few decided to post spoilers.The thread was not about spoilers. I don’t really care though since I am Elite Plus and need 2000 points to get to Zenith. I do the quizzes and webinars for fun. 

Do you consider it cheating when they post the link to quizzes/etc. that you haven't received in an email?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Do you consider it cheating when they post the link to quizzes/etc. that you haven't received in an email?

I never said anyone is cheating. As for the emails I have received every one of them. If people not getting the emails get them here that is good. I don’t think Celebrity means to leave anyone out. Myself if I was not getting the emails I would not bother because the points don’t mean anything to me. But if I was short of Elite or Elite Plus I would be looking for the links to get the PUPs if I was not getting the emails.  

Edited by Charles4515

Good night.  Y'all have taken more time to go through all this rigmarole than it takes to do all the PUP quizzes put together (and you got nuthin' fer it).

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Some have to realize that this activity is for fun and should be treated as such.

In addition, as the questions are poorly written and there are many cruisers who struggle with the English language, then if someone needs help they can check out the answers.  If you don't need the help, then don't look at that post..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

This is not ridicule but another perspective perhaps you've not considered.  This is neither a school test for grades nor a work production evaluation, but rather a marketing tool used by a cruise company to keep their customers interested in their product. They really don't care how you get the answers as long as you participate in the activities and show you still have interest in their cruise line. Their hope is that at some point, if they've maintained your interest you'll book another cruise with them. Those of us following this thread are interested in X cruises, so in that sense X has achieved their goal.

I would take this a level further.  It is a marketing tool that is aimed at adults.  This forum is to help each other and the sharing of links, emails and answers does this.  In doing so it helps generate a sense of community which works to enhance the cruising experience on celebrity - it is called Captains 'Club'.  The quiz is a tool to this end but can also be a bit of fun.  If you do not want it spoiled then do it before reading the forum.  Personally I do not see it as fun but do find it informative and have been tempted by some cruises through doing them.  I always do the quiz independently and do not bother looking at the answers here - mainly as there is no need as celeb actually give the answers but also because people make mistakes and why would I want to repeat them.  

28 minutes ago, malted muse said:

I would take this a level further.  It is a marketing tool that is aimed at adults.  This forum is to help each other and the sharing of links, emails and answers does this.  In doing so it helps generate a sense of community which works to enhance the cruising experience on celebrity - it is called Captains 'Club'.  The quiz is a tool to this end but can also be a bit of fun.  If you do not want it spoiled then do it before reading the forum.  Personally I do not see it as fun but do find it informative and have been tempted by some cruises through doing them.  I always do the quiz independently and do not bother looking at the answers here - mainly as there is no need as celeb actually give the answers but also because people make mistakes and why would I want to repeat them.  

I would add one small thing to this. The links they provide for the quizzes are the tip of the iceberg. Celebrity has put a large of amount of information on their site about the many ports and destinations they serve. It is all to easy to peruse their site and never come across these pages. They can be a very useful resource when trying learn about the area to which one intends to travel. Whether I want to take the quiz myself, use the answers someone else provides, or just read criticisms of how others take the quiz, at least I have been exposed to the wealth of information provided on the Celebrity site whether or not I wish to make use of that information.

• Like 2

I rather enjoy going through the marketing material and answering the questions.  Especially since it seems they're in order of appearance, and verbatim from the material. (I think I could have done this one without, I was in the MR in April).  Takes about the same amount of time it would to look back at the answers.

With one exception.  Anyone remember that wellness video that that they did about all their (fill in your own thought) wellness stuff with Goop, etc?  That was hard because it was only in a video, not verbatim from a webpage.

And as soon as DH takes his day before proctored covid test, I'll know if the PUPs got us to Elite Plus next week, instead of in October.

• Like 2

I'll admit that, for the last couple of these, I have not bothered to read the source material. But, when answering the questions - I don't simply enter 1, 2, 4, 1, 3, 3, etc - but I read the question and look at all the options and then select the (previously provided) correct answer. So, if nothing else, I am getting the gist of things. 🙂

Tom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'll admit that, for the last couple of these, I have not bothered to read the source material. But, when answering the questions - I don't simply enter 1, 2, 4, 1, 3, 3, etc - but I read the question and look at all the options and then select the (previously provided) correct answer. So, if nothing else, I am getting the gist of things. 🙂

Tom

I agree.  I just finished the quiz.  It is very difficult to develop a marketing oriented True/False question where "False" is a correct and useful answer.

11 hours ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

I got it and took the quiz and got the PU point(s).  I have a weird question that I couldn't find the answer to in the T&C for the promo.  I'm currently "preview" as I've never sailed Celebrity before (have one scheduled in March).  If I take at least 2 PU and they transfer as 2 points to the CC, does that mean I move from preview to classic?  Or does that only happen after my cruise?  

I have the EXACT same question as you - it would be awesome to get to Classic 'pre-cruise'!  Hopefully me quoting this will bump it up to someone who might know.  

7 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Good night.  Y'all have taken more time to go through all this rigmarole than it takes to do all the PUP quizzes put together (and you got nuthin' fer it).

Cheers.

Yes!

Cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WorkerBee74 said:

I have the EXACT same question as you - it would be awesome to get to Classic 'pre-cruise'!  Hopefully me quoting this will bump it up to someone who might know.  

Easiest way to tell would be after you've gotten a few points, log into X's site and it will tell you what your current level is.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

If I take at least 2 PU and they transfer as 2 points to the CC, does that mean I move from preview to classic? Or does that only happen after my cruise?  

They only care about points, so I see no reason you shouldn't get Classic when you hit 2 points.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

interesting idea.  If that is the case I might open an account for my grandchildren and do the quizzes on their behalf - by the time they get to my age they could be zenith without even going on a cruise 😂

• Haha 5

21 hours ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

I got it and took the quiz and got the PU point(s).  I have a weird question that I couldn't find the answer to in the T&C for the promo.  I'm currently "preview" as I've never sailed Celebrity before (have one scheduled in March).  If I take at least 2 PU and they transfer as 2 points to the CC, does that mean I move from preview to classic?  Or does that only happen after my cruise?  

I don't know why you wouldn't be promoted up to Classic.  A whole bunch of us have been promoted to other levels via PUP, and there's been nothing to indicate that you can't get promoted to Classic. 

Maybe someone will chime in and let you know.  Maybe you'll be able to chime in soon and let others know! 😉

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WorkerBee74 said:

100% Yes. I have yet to take my first Celebrity cruise, and solely via the PUP program, I am Classic with 64 points.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Here’s hoping the doctor who operates on you or a close family member hasn’t been gifted the answers of a past paper by a previous student!

Interesting.  Someone actually equated cheating on a medical school examination to "cheating" on a Celebrity Cruises quiz to obtain power up points.

Not too sure I agree with that analogy, but to each their own.

• Like 1