Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Overall your comment is accurate (I travel quite a bit).  Highlighted portion, most anything including cruise ships, hotels, etc, do this exact same thing.  Generally is occupancy on a specific category.  Also another trick airlines often do, they offer lowing pricing when it's one person, price increases if you book two+ together.  So you may quickly want to see pricing, leave it at 1 adult, see a $200 price, then later in the day you adjust to 2 adults and now it's $250; many people blame that on cookies.

It's not a 'trick' but just due to the first point. Prices are allocated in buckets, not the whole aircraft at that price. So there may only be 1 (or whatever number) seat left in the bucket when you check first. If you check later and it's still available, but you book for a higher number of seats, it will price all in the next cheapest bucket. The reason it can't give you from the first and second is that then people would have different conditions e.g. cheapest bucket might be 0 refund, next bucket might be 25% refund so as a single booking all the conditions need to be the same.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:28 PM, laslomas said:

Can anyone tell me what this is please?

I have been completing the activities that I received emails for, but they were only worth 1 or 2 Captains Club points. I contacted Captains Club UK as I thought maybe I was not receiving all the invites. They didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned a Galapagos webinar worth 5 Captains Club points. I wonder if it was area specific, just to North America. Does anyone still have a link to the details for this that I can pass to the UK division. Thanks,

We had a Galapagos quiz a week before the US had the webinar. 
I think we probably did better, as at least I had 2 Captain’s Club points awarded.

I read that the webinar was over subscribed and many people in the US did not get any points whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

We had a Galapagos quiz a week before the US had the webinar. 
I think we probably did better, as at least I had 2 Captain’s Club points awarded.

I read that the webinar was over subscribed and many people in the US did not get any points whatsoever. 

We got both the quiz you referenced and the webinar and received points for both. 

Have the PUP activities finished?
Not had an e mail for a new activity for a few weeks.

It's been a while since I received a PUP email also. But the PUP promotion is still on Celebrity's website.  I have been receiving an excessive number of sales emails from Celebrity.  Maybe they're busy with cyber Monday or they've decided that PUP is just too much trouble and not bringing in enough money.

Have the PUP activities finished?
Not had an e mail for a new activity for a few weeks.

The last one I received was on November 11th.  Two activities this month for a total of 30 PUP's or 3 CC points.

I've received most of the points without issue, sometimes I'd had to contact about one that's missing, but it has always been applied.  My DW is ticked off however as she was turned down for the two larger activities a month ago.  She did not register for the Galapagos event, but emailed them and said she was watching with me through my login and even sent a photo with the video on the screen in the background of the two of us in front of the computer.  The response she received said "she would be credited the points within 14 days of the end of the month" so she figured all was good.  So earlier this month no Galapagos points, or no points for the Spa service she signed up for.  That's 100 PUP's total.  When she emailed them the reply was no to Galapagos since she didn't sign up herself (even though she had the previous email) an no to the Spa, it seems the email about that came 2 days before the window opened for the award.  She got the email and signed up the same day.  They told her she should have waited 2 days to sign up then she would have received the points. Stupid, if you promo something in an email, don't put something in the fine print that says it doesn't start for two more days!

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

I thought with linked CC accounts that both were entitled to the points.  That may explain 5 of my missing points although they were there before.

I thought others had said that also, so with one computer (hence one login for Galapagos) we figured we'd be ok.  She did have them check that our accounts were linked and they were so that wasn't the reason.  At first she was really ticked off, now it's getting better, she'd losing interest in sticking with Celebrity with the prices and other changes so our plan of how to reach Zenith after we retire is changing.  

2 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Still waiting for my points for booking the spa, and I booked the spa when I received the e-mail.  I will cancel the spa if they do not award the points.  

Better check, DW got the email and booked the Spa on October 14th, Celebrity told her the booking window was October 16-19 so she was too early and SOL.

18 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

I thought others had said that also, so with one computer (hence one login for Galapagos) we figured we'd be ok.  She did have them check that our accounts were linked and they were so that wasn't the reason.  At first she was really ticked off, now it's getting better, she'd losing interest in sticking with Celebrity with the prices and other changes so our plan of how to reach Zenith after we retire is changing.  

Just in case of future webinars, you could open two windows on your one computer and each log in separately. Although your accounts are linked and show the same number of Captains Club points, X records (that you can't see) reflect each of the linked accounts separate totals. The only way to know for sure what your individual totals are is to call and ask...and hope you get an accurate answer.

1 hour ago, garyl62 said:

Better check, DW got the email and booked the Spa on October 14th, Celebrity told her the booking window was October 16-19 so she was too early and SOL.

I still have my e-mail and it does not show a window.  It just states it has to be booked by October 19th.  I would not be surprised that they sent out different e-mails.

1 hour ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Still waiting for my points for booking the spa, and I booked the spa when I received the e-mail.  I will cancel the spa if they do not award the points.  

Have you gone on the cruise yet? Any booking-related points only are given once the cruise is taken and the booked thing received.

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Have you gone on the cruise yet? Any booking-related points only are given once the cruise is taken and the booked thing received.

When I called CC last week, I was told that CC was running late posting the PUP for the spa bookings.  However, the value of the five points now is not what it was when I booked the spa.

2 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

When I called CC last week, I was told that CC was running late posting the PUP for the spa bookings.  However, the value of the five points now is not what it was when I booked the spa.

I'm going to take a guess that they just answered a generic answer. I specifically remember reading that the points would be awarded AFTER the cruise on which the spa was booked took place. Otherwise everyone would have booked and cancelled as soon as they got the points.

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'm going to take a guess that they just answered a generic answer. I specifically remember reading that the points would be awarded AFTER the cruise on which the spa was booked took place. Otherwise everyone would have booked and cancelled as soon as they got the points.

It may become a moot issue.  The cruise is a 7 night in Match and may not sail as booked.  

7 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I booked a spa for our March 2020 cruise and I received the points on November 15th.  

Well my DW pushed back again regarding the two activities I described above and she received an email that they still say no to the Galapagos event, but they have given her the points for the Spa reservation.  I guess she sent them another screen shot of the Spa sign up form that had the deadline shown and asked them to produce the document that had the "starting" date they talked about and they just gave her the points.  I don't have the heart to tell her I've been thinking about suggesting a L&S as I'm wondering if that trip (March 2021) will still sail.

This one just received via email.

Thank you for registering for "Celebrity APEX Entertainment & Dining with Lisa Lehr, VP of Entertainment, and Cornelius Gallagher Jr., VP of Food & Beverage".

We invite you to register and attend an exclusive Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club presentation where we will take you on a virtual, all-inclusive cruise onboard Celebrity Apex. Get an insider’s look at all that is delicious and entertaining with our very own Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President & CEO of Celebrity Cruises, Lisa Lehr, Vice President of Entertainment, and Cornelius Gallagher Jr., Vice President of Food and Beverage.

In addition, you can earn 50 Power Up Points* by registering and attending the entire event. This is a special event you will not want to miss!

1 minute ago, bdrcole said:

Thank you for registering for "Celebrity APEX Entertainment & Dining with Lisa Lehr, VP of Entertainment, and Cornelius Gallagher Jr., VP of Food & Beverage".

We invite you to register and attend an exclusive Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club presentation where we will take you on a virtual, all-inclusive cruise onboard Celebrity Apex. Get an insider’s look at all that is delicious and entertaining with our very own Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President & CEO of Celebrity Cruises, Lisa Lehr, Vice President of Entertainment, and Cornelius Gallagher Jr., Vice President of Food and Beverage.

In addition, you can earn 50 Power Up Points* by registering and attending the entire event. This is a special event you will not want to miss!

Webinar Registration Link: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7052969480191617294

33 minutes ago, bdrcole said:

Easy one to do, we just registered and look forward to seeing the Apex.