Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

11 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Called CC yesterday for the second time about my missing 50 PUPS for booking a spa in October.  Received a call back today from the same CC person advising that I would receive the points and the points would be in my account by January 15th.  I will wait and see.

just because you mentioned 50 PUPS... you know they will only show as 5 CC points, right?!

Edited by Miaminice

47 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Yes.  I am calling it what CC calls it.  I said 50 PUPS, not 50 points.  

I know! Was just asking! 😉

Because there are still people in different groups who think they get 20, 30... CC points 😂

Did anyone else get closed out of the recent Celebrity Apex webinar?   It filled up in about 20 minutes.  I wrote to Captains Club and they said they would provide a video and another opportunity to earn points for that webinar - maybe by watching the video?

5 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Did anyone else get closed out of the recent Celebrity Apex webinar?   It filled up in about 20 minutes.  I wrote to Captains Club and they said they would provide a video and another opportunity to earn points for that webinar - maybe by watching the video?

I think most everyone was locked out.

10 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Most were locked out, including me. I also wrote and recieved the same reply.  I interpreted the reply to mean that they would release a video, however the next PUP opportunity would have nothing to do with the video. Time will tell.

34 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I heard of it but I did not receive any notification. Apparently I missed it or it went into spam section of my email. In any case I doubt there was anything interesting for us. I would rather stick with the news and new threads here on the forum 

On 12/4/2020 at 3:12 AM, Luckynana said:

Got my "Wish List" submitted.  One of them is already booked.😁

Is it some kind of a give away? I wish there was some kind of celebration before Christams where we could all submit and take part in the give away for a new cruise next year. It would be so much fun to participate

Roger88, the PUP just asks you to list 2 cruises (after viewing the available cruises) that you would like to sail on...hence, your "wish list".  After submitting, you get your PUPs.    I'm already booked on a 2022 cruise, so I just entered that one, along with another cruise.  Celebrity most likely wants to see what itinerary people may be interested in.

10 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Is it some kind of a give away? I wish there was some kind of celebration before Christams where we could all submit and take part in the give away for a new cruise next year. It would be so much fun to participate

It is likely a targeted marketing tool

1 hour ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Yeah...it's been much-talked about already.  The email went out at about 9 am EASTERN time...6:00 am for us on the West Coast.  Those that were actually able to register were largely Easterners who were up and about and regularly check their email. For us on the West Coast, most of us were still asleep and, by the time we got up and checked our email, the thing was full.  Everyone who wrote to Celebrity to complain got the same form email response that you got--basically, nothing about the timing...just "sorry YOU didn't respond before it filled up"...I guess I'd better start waking up earlier and getting to my email before the crack of dawn so I don't get shut out on the next one.

OTOH, Zenith is FAR off and the Captains Club perks have been greatly devalued, so what's the point?

21 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

OTOH, Zenith is FAR off and the Captains Club perks have been greatly devalued, so what's the point?

Personally, I'm trying to get closer to the next loyalty level on Azamara where I have 4 B2B cruises booked in 2022.  I'm a long way below the points I need,  but if I have more when I board, I might get my "promotion" a cruise sooner.

Those of you who are unhappy about the devaluation of your Celebrity status, might want to investigate what you could get on Azamara and/or Royal Caribbean.

On 12/4/2020 at 1:59 PM, Fouremco said:

A response to my complaint about how quickly/early the webinar slots were filled:

We're so sorry you weren't able to register for the Captain's Club Webinar. Given the overwhelming demand, we will share a recording of the event and we are working on another opportunity to earn points from this activity. Stay tuned!

As the last webinar wasn't interactive, and I doubt that this one will be, I don't know why they don't make a recording for everyone to see in the first place, and if they want to tie it to the PUP program, ask a series of questions based on the content of the recording.

That's way too sensible.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I guess as an Easterner I got registered and received a response so assume all will be fine when I try to actually attend the event on the 9th this Wednesday?

Thank you for registering for "Celebrity APEX Entertainment & Dining with Lisa Lehr, VP of Entertainment, and Cornelius Gallagher Jr., VP of Food & Beverage".

How To Join The Webinar

Wed, Dec 9, 2020 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM AST"

etc .......

Edited by poffles

3 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Mine also went up 3 points today.  The one I did in November was 20 PUPS/2 points.  This is why they are hard to track.

1 point per Questionnaire November 4

2 points per Apex questions November 11

Edited by gerelmx

35 minutes ago, boblin said:

I'm in the EST zone, was doing email shortly after 9am and still got locked out, so it certainly did fill very quickly.

I am in Atlantic Time so an hour earlier than you.  I registered (and got registration response) around 10:30 my time so interesting that I got in and you didn't since that would be 9:30 your time.  Wow I must have just got in under the wire; I registered the moment the email arrived.

Edited by poffles

16 minutes ago, poffles said:

I am in Atlantic Time so an hour earlier than you.  I registered (and got registration response) around 10:30 my time so interesting that I got in and you didn't since that would be 9:30 your time.  Wow I must have just got in under the wire; I registered the moment the email arrived.

I am EST, got the email at 9:31AM, clicked the link, saw that I needed my Captains Club number and went upstairs to look up our numbers, came back to the registration page and received the Webinar full message. You're lucky.