Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, MyView said:

Hi, I cannot seem to get any of the Power Up Point emails.  I have followed the directions as posted on Celebrity.com but all I receive are advertising book a cruise emails.  I am frustrated as we do have a cruise booked and are elite status.  Would love to accrue the power up points.  thanks in advance.

catherine

Someone usually posts a link to this.  All you have to do is put in your Captain Club's number in the box at the top and away you go.  I understand it would be better for you to receive the email and I hope you are successful in getting this corrected.  I usually get this email a day later than everyone else, on Thursday, but I used the link today and have already submitted my quiz.

Interesting that Celebrity is offing Power Points at a time when they are revising their loyalty program. I would think that any revisions would result in Celebrity saving money by reducing benefits. These points may be useless expect for Celebrity since they are collecting lots of information and some additional bookings. 

1 minute ago, Life Buoy said:

Interesting that Celebrity is offing Power Points at a time when they are revising their loyalty program. I would think that any revisions would result in Celebrity saving money by reducing benefits. These points may be useless expect for Celebrity since they are collecting lots of information and some additional bookings. 

How is Celebrity revising their loyalty program(CC)? 

2 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Oh I know what I did, I saw the 10 PUP points = 1 and figured that was what this was what this round is worth. My bad.

It took me 3 tries,  over a 6-8 week period of   registering before I got the PUP emails.  I did use the links posted prior to getting the emails put after doing 4 or 5 activities I only received 3 points.  I did remove the CC number on the links and put mine in put it rarely worked.  

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

DH and I are still waiting for the last 7 points each from last month to show in our accounts. They should show up in the next 4 days. Fingers crossed.

I've completed most of the PUP emails, with the exception of the ones where you need to post something to social media, as I don't have a Facebook account, nor do I want one.

What I was wondering, perhaps you know, is there a way to see how many power up points you have earned? I logged into my account about an hour ago, but don't see 'you've earned x number of power up points / club points'. It only shows me the number of points I have earned from actual sailings. It would be nice to know if I'm actually getting the points for completing their surveys.

Thanks to anyone who can provide any information. Cheers.

9 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

I've completed most of the PUP emails, with the exception of the ones where you need to post something to social media, as I don't have a Facebook account, nor do I want one.

What I was wondering, perhaps you know, is there a way to see how many power up points you have earned? I logged into my account about an hour ago, but don't see 'you've earned x number of power up points / club points'. It only shows me the number of points I have earned from actual sailings. It would be nice to know if I'm actually getting the points for completing their surveys.

There is no way that I know of unless you know how many cruise points you had prior to the PUP opportunity.  Then you can keep track of what's added to that. The PUP points are added around the 14th of the next month. 

7 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

There is no way that I know of unless you know how many cruise points you had prior to the PUP opportunity.  Then you can keep track of what's added to that. The PUP points are added around the 14th of the next month. 

Agree. That's all on you so to speak. 

4 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

We never bother with the email, just under 1800 points at Elite Plus we will never get to Zenith if that is going to be worth anything 

Liz

We feel it's well worth the tiny effort to get a point or two.  At least Celebrity is dangling the carrot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

What I was wondering, perhaps you know, is there a way to see how many power up points you have earned? I logged into my account about an hour ago, but don't see 'you've earned x number of power up points / club points'. It only shows me the number of points I have earned from actual sailings. 

They are not separated out for you.

It is simple math - if your points from sailings add up to 500, and your  total points are 510, then you have gotten 10 additional club points (100 power up points)  from this promotion. 

• Thanks 1

My wife and I both received them at first, then she was suddenly dropped off the PUP emails.  Even trying to fill in here CC number or notifying a CC member not receiving emails did not work.  

My son on the other hand could not and still does not have access to his basic account.  I called CC about it and they said it was because his email was linked to my email from sailings past when he was a minor.  Will try again and see.

The final odd thing is that my wife and I have the same points balance, even though I have taken more cruises than she has.  Not sure how that works.(took my mother on a few cruises without the whole family)

3 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

After reading about the APEX and taking the quiz, it has certainly peaked my interest into possibly booking her somewhere in the cruising future....

Then Celebrity's PUP promotion is working.  I wonder if they've figured that out and so will continue to offer more PUP opportunities 🤔

1 hour ago, oceancrusin said:

If you look in your online account under Past Cruises you could add up what is there and the difference of that from your total Club Points would be what you earned from PUP.  I just did that for mine which wasn't too much work since I don't have as many as some people do.

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

They are not separated out for you.

It is simple math - if your points from sailings add up to 500, and your  total points are 510, then you have gotten 10 additional club points (100 power up points)  from this promotion. 

Thanks @EatonDoolittle!

*Smacks forehead* Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier. I feel like a complete moron. Ah well, it happens to the best of us I guess.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oceancrusin said:

Thanks @EatonDoolittle!

*Smacks forehead* Not sure why I didn't think of that earlier. I feel like a complete moron. Ah well, it happens to the best of us I guess.

It isn't always so simple.  I had a 7 night cruise in 2000 on the Zenith for which Celebrity only shows 1 point in my account.  If I add that to the points from the rest of my cruises and subtract the sum from my total points, it would indicate that I'd earned 31 PUP.  I'm pretty sure there haven't been that many PUP opportunities.

1 minute ago, islandwoman said:

It isn't always so simple.  I had a 7 night cruise in 2000 on the Zenith for which Celebrity only shows 1 point in my account.  If I add that to the points from the rest of my cruises and subtract the sum from my total points, it would indicate that I'd earned 31 PUP.  I'm pretty sure there haven't been that many PUP opportunities.

So much for that ... 

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

We never bother with the email, just under 1800 points at Elite Plus we will never get to Zenith if that is going to be worth anything 

Liz

We're the same as you, but we still do them except for the social media ones.  A freebie is a freebie.  However, with the AI arriving, I'm not sure what is going to happen to the CC benefits.