RCCL - Please Say No to Cruise Ships in Jacksonville for the Republican Convention!

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't mind Orlando

You run I4 from Daytona to Disney? I had accounts at Disney. Not only did we have a big footprint in their Data Center, we had product on display in Spaceship Earth. I4 can be horrible and most days it is. If you’re running Beach Line 528 to the airport, that’s no really Orlando when one needs to call upon customers. 

My opinion with experience. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Are you related to the nurse who posts on the carnival boards. She keeps saying if we had seen what she saw we wouldnt consider booking a cruise with covid around. A regular ray of sunshine, though she means well.

I think some people dont think all lives matter. Suicides and abuse were up. Elective surgeries put off li,e radiation for cancer. There would be no economy if we didnt start opening, not to mention seems the young people were building up a head of steam. You cant keep people locked up indefinitely.

It's clear to me people who post we should just stay closed up are much younger than me and dont know much about economics. 

..... though I'm still jealous Jacksonville was chosen. I hope dallas gets one, has the dnc set a date?

I am not related to anyone who posts on CC but I have friends who do.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was joking, though she too is from New York and shares your opinions about waiting. 

The way to in which the virus has hit many parts of NY including the area where I live has been unbelievable. We are in a relatively small town of 32,000 residents.The last only hospital in the town was filled nearly to capacity with Covid patients.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

The way to in which the virus has hit many parts of NY including the area where I live has been unbelievable. We are in a relatively small town of 32,000 residents.The last only hospital in the town was filled nearly to capacity with Covid patients.

She is not only in New York in the midst, but a rn. She says if we saw what she has in ny we would understand. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

She is not only in New York in the midst, but a rn. She says if we saw what she has in ny we would understand. 

That is what I said .Where I live the county opened up May 27.We have many beaches in the area, A friend of mine and his wife went to a beach 2 weeks ago wearing masks. they said there were about 100 people sitting next to each other,no social distancing.

My friend and his wife left.

13 hours ago, deliver42 said:

There won't be any social distancing at the convention, so the virus will be a happy camper. Wait for about 2 weeks after the convention for a huge spike. A cruise ship doesn't need that kind of exposure. The industry has had enough.

Stop this non sense. Wheres the protest spikes? Wheres the ozark spikes? Stop watching cnn and enjoy your life outside your house.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is what I said .Where I live the county opened up May 27.We have many beaches in the area, A friend of mine and his wife went to a beach 2 weeks ago wearing masks. they said there were about 100 people sitting next to each other,no social distancing.

My friend and his wife left.

We live in connecticut. Beaches never closed. Nobody wearing masks on beach. Your outside,relax. Your chances are better getting hit by lightning. Ive been treating covid patients for 4 months with for the most part a surgical mask. In close quarters,inside.... never tested positive and I dont have antibodies. People have to start using common sense or your life will be in lockdown forever. A vaccine may never ever come.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Stop this non sense. Wheres the protest spikes? Wheres the ozark spikes? Stop watching cnn and enjoy your life outside your house.

I never watch CNN and I am not leaving my house till there is some kind of vaccine that works.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

We live in connecticut. Beaches never closed. Nobody wearing masks on beach. Your outside,relax. Your chances are better getting hit by lightning. Ive been treating covid patients for 4 months with for the most part a surgical mask. In close quarters,inside.... never tested positive and I dont have antibodies. People have to start using common sense or your life will be in lockdown forever. A vaccine may never ever come.

I know for a fact that at least 4 beaches in CT closed on May 17.

18 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I never watch CNN and I am not leaving my house till there is some kind of vaccine that works.

Again, that is your choice and you have a right to make that choice.  BUT, others disagree with your choice and have the right to make their own choice as well.  I am older and have one of the cdc-defined conditions that makes me a higher risk.  But, I had no choice but to return to working onsite a month ago, or my wife and I would have to forget about ever retiring.  Fortunately, my employer is taking this very seriously and has very stringent rules that everyone, even customers, must follow.

Unfortunately, many of us have never had the financial ability to just stay home without losing everything.  Glad you can make that choice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You run I4 from Daytona to Disney? I had accounts at Disney. Not only did we have a big footprint in their Data Center, we had product on display in Spaceship Earth. I4 can be horrible and most days it is. If you’re running Beach Line 528 to the airport, that’s no really Orlando when one needs to call upon customers. 

My opinion with experience. 

528 is easy, Turnpike is easy, airport is easy,  Universal/I Drive is easy.  I don't do Disney, but if I did I would take 417. If I want downtown I take 408. No reason to get anywhere near I4.

My opinion with experience and examples😉😇

You don’t get it. Some people here are over 70. Others have underlying conditions. Their strategy is good. Stay home for now and they will have time to live another day. Short term pain for long term gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Again, that is your choice and you have a right to make that choice.  BUT, others disagree with your choice and have the right to make their own choice as well.  I am older and have one of the cdc-defined conditions that makes me a higher risk.  But, I had no choice but to return to working onsite a month ago, or my wife and I would have to forget about ever retiring.  Fortunately, my employer is taking this very seriously and has very stringent rules that everyone, even customers, must follow.

Unfortunately, many of us have never had the financial ability to just stay home without losing everything.  Glad you can make that choice.

I do not think you are older than I am.I retired 22 years ago.I have Parkinson’s and 12 other diseases..If I get Covid-19 I will likely not survive.

It is the case that most don’t have the financial ability to just stay home. But you should not disagree with their choice either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

48 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

I live in Queens NYC, the original epicenter.  If you saw the refrigerated trucks being filled with bodies, you might not have given such a flippant response. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, yogimax said:

I live in Queens NYC, the original epicenter.  If you saw the refrigerated trucks being filled with bodies, you might not have given such a flippant response. 

What is it like now?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, logan25 said:

What is it like now?

Thank you for asking.  Sometimes it seems like folks just don't understand what we have been through.

We are less than a week into Phase 1 opening.  Social distancing and masks are still required (strongly suggested?).  Most stores are still closed but allowed to do curbside pickup.  Human nature, however, worries me.  I wish they wouldn't use the word "reopening" at all.  As I said, we are in "Phase 1 reopening."  What I am seeing, though, is some folks only hearing the word reopening and ignoring phase 1. 

I truly worry bout the rest of the country and those living in less dense areas.  This virus is no joke and I fear many states have reopened prematurely due to political pressure.

My wife and I love to cruise and have made many, many friends on cruises.  It pains us not to be able to have this blessing but we also realize that we need to use our God given wisdom and understand we truly are there for the well being of our neighbors.

Once again, thank you for asking the question.  It means a lot!

Yogi

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, yogimax said:

That is very sad. We know people who have lost family and loved ones but can’t have a service. What happened to all the Jewish people who have passed?

Only funeral we have witnessed was a Gold Casket. I didn’t see much social distancing participation. 

M8

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That is very sad. We know people who have lost family and loved ones but can’t have a service. What happened to all the Jewish people who have passed?

Only funeral we have witnessed was a Gold Casket. I didn’t see much social distancing participation. 

M8

Sadly, this has hit hard those who have lost loved ones.  In many cases, they were not able to be with those they loved in the hospitals during their last days or hours.  This carried over to funeral homes which were closed to the public and burials were limited to no more than ten persons and often done by video.

Not being Jewish, I can't comment on that with any reliability but I do know the tradition is next day burial which was simply impossible in the toughest days of the pandemic.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Really?  Pretty sure I heard that before CV the quickest vaccine to come to the market took 4 years.  Can you find one that was developed and put on the market within 18 months?

Agree. Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn, "The typical length of time for a vaccine to be developed is between 10 and 15 years. The fastest vaccine that has ever been developed was the one for Ebola. That took between four and five years.  I’m not sitting here this morning saying it’s going to take that long, but I think we do need to exercise caution when we hear some reports that we could potentially have a vaccine available as soon as the end of summer"

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Sadly, this has hit hard those who have lost loved ones.  In many cases, they were not able to be with those they loved in the hospitals during their last days or hours.  This carried over to funeral homes which were closed to the public and burials were limited to no more than ten persons and often done by video.

Not being Jewish, I can't comment on that with any reliability but I do know the tradition is next day burial which was simply impossible in the toughest days of the pandemic.

I found this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/14/my-rabbis-tools-now-include-a-phone-uk-jewish-burials-changed-by-covid-19

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jagsfan said:

One of my Super Bowl volunteer jobs was checking peoples’ reservations before they boarded the ships. Anyone with them not named on the reservation had to leave their drivers license with me. 

In  the morning when they departed the ship they got their license back. 

I learned a lot doing that.

A gentleman and friend would come off the gangway, He would stop and speak to the lady and sometimes put something in her hand, but mostly just a brisk goodbye. Then the woman would come over to my table with its file boxes full of drivers licenses, give me her name, receive her mostly out of state license, and leave...by herself. 

A couple asked me to call them cabs, but I couldn’t. 

It was eye opening, to say the least! Especially since I recognized a few of the men (who didn’t come anywhere near me). 

Room Service

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many Hospitals when CV peaking Michigan in April ICU beds were pushing 60-75% Capacity, but rest of Hospital with greater amount of Beds were 75-90% Empty... With the shut down finally ending 3 days ago Mother finally able to get needed/postponed Surgery. Having been put off for 3 months Dr post Surgery said couple more weeks she might not have survived. With normally about 1 Million US procedures done a Month can't imagine all that are still waiting, or waiting was too long