If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

They have been reporting on the National News that 65% of those over 65 in the US  have been vaccinated and 28% of the adult population in the US have also had at least one shot.  Those numbers sound way too high to me

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

They have been reporting on the National News that 65% of those over 65 in the US  have been vaccinated and 28% of the adult population in the US have also had at least one shot.  Those numbers sound way too high to me

Here is a link to the current CDC data. The 65% is not the fully vaccinated number - it is for those 65 or older having had at least one shot. The roll-out is really picking up steam

On 7/21/2020 at 2:38 PM, julesbeara said:

Add me to the yes category, just got the J & J shot last weekend. Ready to go when you are, Royal Caribbean (or CCL, or MSC, or NCL, or whomever I can book with first 😆). 

9 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

Also, there is a certain allowable amount of "food defects" allowed in your food. What is allowed will show you just how "dirty" our lives are!

Peanut butter is one of the most controlled foods in the FDA list; an average of one or more rodent hairs and 30 (or so) insect fragments are allowed for every 100 grams, which is 3.5 ounces.

The typical serving size for peanut butter is 2 tablespoons (unless you slather). That means each 2 tablespoon-peanut butter sandwich would only have about eight insect fragments and a teensy tiny bit of rodent filth. (“Filth” is what the FDA calls these insect and rodent food defects.)

Good thing we have immune systems!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/04/health/insect-rodent-filth-in-food-wellness/index.html

🤮🤮🤮 I always knew there was a certain amount of crap aka bugs, rodents allowed in food. Now that you have given specifics and used peanut butter as an example I’m not sure I will be able to eat it again. I’ll see peanut butter and all I will be able to see is your post. 🤮🤣🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

🤮🤮🤮 I always knew there was a certain amount of crap aka bugs, rodents allowed in food. Now that you have given specifics and used peanut butter as an example I’m not sure I will be able to eat it again. I’ll see peanut butter and all I will be able to see is your post. 🤮🤣🤣🤣

What you should see is an opportunity for your body to protect itself. 😎

In other countries they eat things we would never consider eating.....they see bugs (worms, grubs, scorpions) as an additional source of protein. Once (note the word ONCE) we ate fried crickets!

Edited by CaroleSS
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Nah.....Earlier I thought I could never enjoy peanut butter again. I decided I'm going to go for the gusto. Having my sliced apple with warm (microwaved) Smuckers natural peanut butter tonight as my snack. I sweeten the jar of peanut butter with Stevia. Soooooo good!

On 3/16/2021 at 10:01 PM, Pizzasteve said:

When I lived in Japan in the 80s people routinely wore masks when bugs were about and thought nothing of it.  Not tough enough to stand a bit of paper or cloth on your face?  Sad really.  Talk about snowflakes. People need to understand how this virus propagates and what the masks are for, but even after a year and half a million Americans dead, more than all wars combined, people dont seem to get it.

Surprised at your assertion.  I lived in a Tokyo suburb in the early 90s and only people who were sick wore masks.  I'd say fewer than 1%.  Where did you live that "people routinely wore masks"?

Your assumption comes across as arrogant.  Maybe you didn't mean it that way.  Social distancing is effective in combating a virus.  Improperly worn pieces of cloth masks are not.  I'm not going to shame someone for believing that the thin piece of underwear is helping them; it's their right to make that determination, even if wrong.  It's not about "toughness" on either side; it's about respect for other people's decisions.

Just got back from northern Florida and then Dallas.  It was wonderfully freeing to be back in areas that are open, where some choose to wear masks (or are required by their companies) and some don't.  Wishing my state would follow.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kccrzr said:

That seems very high to me.  Though it shows the percentage as the whole of the population, I'm wondering if it's actually the percentage of people who want the vaccination and have been able to get it.  That, or maybe there are areas with near 100% compliance to offset others where compliance is low.

Sad that I no longer feel that I can trust the numbers coming out of the CDC :-(

51 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

That seems very high to me. 

Which number? 23% for first jab and 12% for fully vaccinated doesn't seem high. 

Biker, who found it interesting that the vaccination rate is started to flatten in Israel now that the first jab % has passed 70.

• Like 2

The 66% of people over 65 seems high to me.  But I live in an area where there are few deaths reported as COVID-related, and people do not seem eager to get the vaccination.  It may be that there are other areas where it nears 100% and that offsets places where it's not as common.

The map is pretty interesting to me.  I'm surprised that South Dakota shows up as one of the higher vaccinated states while California is one of the lowest.  Odd to me.

Edited by Incognito1
typo

Ah.  Was not aware of that, but I guess much of California is rural anyway.  Did a little digging and found out why SD, though.  It's due mostly to vax at the VA hospitals and clinics, which is also where most of the positive PCR tests are.  That makes sense.

1 hour ago, Incognito1 said:

That seems very high to me.  Though it shows the percentage as the whole of the population, I'm wondering if it's actually the percentage of people who want the vaccination and have been able to get it.  That, or maybe there are areas with near 100% compliance to offset others where compliance is low.

Sad that I no longer feel that I can trust the numbers coming out of the CDC 😞

Agree about CDC can go either way I'm skeptical. Over 100 Million in shots is accurate, Govt stated sitting on over 10 Million inc Astra that can't be used, so Millions offered to Mexico & Canada by Biden Admin. Rest of Delivered totals easy to see numbers close/Matching. In 12 days had 10 places call or text me see if I wanted schedule my Vaccine. Two places still had many appts 2 days later, 3 others(Counties) were scheduling appt's choose from available for next 3 weeks

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Surprised at your assertion.  I lived in a Tokyo suburb in the early 90s and only people who were sick wore masks.  I'd say fewer than 1%.  Where did you live that "people routinely wore masks"?

Working at a major international airport it was common over the years to see folk from the far east wearing masks.  Use to think it was kinda weird, but I get it now 

This time last year, those last few weeks I was at work was very surreal, dealing with some pax wearing full hazmat suits for instance.  Maybe this is one of the reasons why countries such as Singapore, Japan or South Korea have not suffered as badly during this pandemic as we have here in the UK, though compliance is pretty high over here with wearing of face masks indoors  

Edited by sgmn

4 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Sad that I no longer feel that I can trust the numbers coming out of the CDC 😞

If you add those that don't want to get vaccinated and are over  65 we are close to being done with that age group. Seems off to me as well

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If you add those that don't want to get vaccinated and are over  65 we are close to being done with that age group. Seems off to me as well

I think getting to 70% of the eligible population vaccinated will be fast. Then there will be a plateau. The remaining 30% are going to be the hesitant. Probably unfortunate for those last unvaccinated as the virus is going to be hungry and the unvaccinated are going to be who the virus has to go after. There might be a final deadly surge through that segment. 

Not FL or TX, though I think I'd be happy living in either one.

Reading today's CC article about RCCL starting up cruises for only those with proof of vaccination is disconcerting.  I sent an email to clarify; waiting on response.  Will be moving our RCCL cruises to Carnival/Princess if it's not simply a "trial run."  I wonder what sort of proof they'll ask for, or if it's simply check a box.

So, good news for those who want to cruise only with others fully vaccinated.

Charles, I think you're partially right.  There will be another surge, but the current vaccines do not protect against getting the virus - they only lessen the severity once it's caught.  I'm guessing around September for the next wave.  

3 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

Not FL or TX, though I think I'd be happy living in either one.

Reading today's CC article about RCCL starting up cruises for only those with proof of vaccination is disconcerting.  I sent an email to clarify; waiting on response.  Will be moving our RCCL cruises to Carnival/Princess if it's not simply a "trial run."  I wonder what sort of proof they'll ask for, or if it's simply check a box.

So, good news for those who want to cruise only with others fully vaccinated.

Charles, I think you're partially right.  There will be another surge, but the current vaccines do not protect against getting the virus - they only lessen the severity once it's caught.  I'm guessing around September for the next wave.  

P&O, owned by Carnival has already mandated vaccines. 

I was asking what State do you live in?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

There will be another surge, but the current vaccines do not protect against getting the virus - they only lessen the severity once it's caught.  

Big difference between a few flu like symptoms and hospitalization and death.

• Like 3

Death rates are extremely low for the overwhelming majority of people.  Everyone has to weigh their own risks, and make their own choices.  Someone who is in compromised health, lives in a densely populated area, and has significant continual contact with at-risk groups will likely make a different decision than someone in the opposite situation.

Edited by Incognito1
typo
  • Like 2