Carnival Radiance coming to Long Beach

TheJayCat

John announcement this morning said the the Imagination and Inspiration are leaving Long Beach. He says that the Radiance will replace the Imagination for the 3 and 4 night sailings to Baja in the spring.

I am glad to be rid of those old Fantasy class ships and excited to get the updated Radiance for the shorter sailings.

What do the rest of you think?

• Like 1

Well, the Radiance WAS to be repositioned to Galveston. Now that's not happening. Galveston's loss is Long Beach's gain. 

The Freedom WAS to be repositioned to a port in California(forget which one) to do the Alaska route. Its current homeport is Galveston. I don't know if that's still the plan or not. Does anyone have any update on that?

This thing is so fluid and ever changing, it's hard to keep track of who's going where.

5 minutes ago, Quagmire789 said:

I'm looking forward to it, we always fly to the east coast, it will be nice to have a newer option out here!

We've had the Panorama for a bit now, so it'll be great two have two newer ships.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheJayCat said:

John announcement this morning said the the Imagination and Inspiration are leaving Long Beach. He says that the Radiance will replace the Imagination for the 3 and 4 night sailings to Baja in the spring.

I am glad to be rid of those old Fantasy class ships and excited to get the updated Radiance for the shorter sailings.

What do the rest of you think?

It's funny how you say "old" when the Carnival Radiance which is actually the Carnival Victory is not much newer:

Imagination 1995

Inspiration 1996

Victory 2000

😁🤣

• Like 2

Inspiration and Imagination will be missed, I loved those smaller ships and have had met lots of fun passengers and crew, lots of great memories made on those ships... Sad to see them go but looking forward to sailing on the Panorama and now the Radiance. I am currently in the process of moving my cancelled Imagination trip over to the Panorama I think...  

• Like 2

We were supposed to be on Radiance from Galveston for 14 night partial Panama Canal in Oct 2021 but just got email that the cruise is cancelled.  Hoping another ship will replace Radiance on that sailing or if that trip is null...

10 minutes ago, TheJayCat said:

With the $200 million renovation, the Radiance will be like a new ship.

That's exactly what Carnival wants you to think 😉

But I too am ready for Radiance and all it's amenities the Inspi and Imgi didn't offer

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, dude_hdt said:

We were supposed to be on Radiance from Galveston for 14 night partial Panama Canal in Oct 2021 but just got email that the cruise is cancelled.  Hoping another ship will replace Radiance on that sailing or if that trip is null...

I came very close to booking that cruise, but decided to wait until things settle down. I've already had two cruises canceled since March 16th. 

59 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

That's exactly what Carnival wants you to think 😉

But I too am ready for Radiance and all it's amenities the Inspi and Imgi didn't offer

Have you personally sailed on Sunshine or Sunrise?  I've been on both.  And sailed Destiny before her conversion.  It becomes a 'new' ship most assuredly from the customer's eye.  Enjoy Radiance.

I was so excited to read John's posts this morning. The DD and I prefered the Inspiration to the Imagination for our 4-day getaway but now yippee we can have a balcony cabin! We are both looking forward to this short getaway time and we are going to have the DGD join us. We have the Panorama booked with the DGD next year. Thanks Carnival for adding a balcony cabin to the Long Beach 3 and 4 day.

• Like 2

I was so excited to read John's posts this morning. The DD and I prefered the Inspiration to the Imagination for our 4-day getaway but now yippee we can have a balcony cabin! We are both looking forward to this short getaway time and we are going to have the DGD join us. We have the Panorama booked with the DGD next year. Thanks Carnival for adding a balcony cabin to the Long Beach 3 and 4 day.

These will be much more profitable now that they can offer balconies.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

What class of ship is the Radiance?  Is it Conquest class?  My Panorama cruise got cancelled. I was looking forward to checking out that new ship, but alas, covid hit.  It will be nice to do a 3-4 day and be offered balconies now.

8 minutes ago, BeachDiva101 said:

What class of ship is the Radiance?  Is it Conquest class?  My Panorama cruise got cancelled. I was looking forward to checking out that new ship, but alas, covid hit.  It will be nice to do a 3-4 day and be offered balconies now.

Carnival Victory is/was a Destiny class cruise ship released in the year 2000. It will be coming to Long Beach April 2021

Which Panorama cruise of yours got cancelled?? As of Now the Panorama is scheduled to resume cruises in October 2020

14 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Carnival Victory is/was a Destiny class cruise ship released in the year 2000. It will be coming to Long Beach April 2021

Which Panorama cruise of yours got cancelled?? As of Now the Panorama is scheduled to resume cruises in October 2020

May 9, 2020 Panorama cruise got cancelled.  I have a cruise on the Horizon for October 25, 2020, which I do believe will be cancelled as well.  I'm happy about the Radiance coming here to SoCal!

I like the fact that there will be balcony options for the 3/4 days trips and a "newer" ship, just hope that the price of them stays reasonable.  I don't like the fact that there will now only be one 3 day and one 4 day cruise per week.  With the Imagination and Inspiration you had a choice of either leaving on on Thursday or Friday or on a Sunday or Monday.  I hope that the reduced number of sailings don't drive prices up.  

Personally for the short 3 day trips I love the smaller ships.  My absolute favorite one was the Monarch of the Seas from years ago, but also really enjoyed my trip on the Inspiration.   

Looks like there will be no short trips from Long Beach until next April though! 

Edited by katstoy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Georgie562 said:

It's funny how you say "old" when the Carnival Radiance which is actually the Carnival Victory is not much newer:

Imagination 1995

Inspiration 1996

Victory 2000

😁🤣

Well said, Georgie . . . well said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godzoox said:

Super excited about this news already checked to see if i could book but no dice now I have a reason to check the site everyday again lol...😄

I already checked too! I had one for next February that has been cancelled. I was going to move it to next June! I can hardly wait until it shows up for bookings!

Really sad to see the old gals go, but this announcement takes some of the sting out of it.  I'm very excited to have the Radiance, although as mentioned, I'll miss the choices of two sets of 3 and 4 day cruises.   

Edited by EarloftheSeas
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BeachDiva101 said:

Radiance will be like Sunshine and Sunrise.

20 hours ago, EarloftheSeas said:

Really sad to see the old gals go, but this announcement takes some of the sting out of it.  I'm very excited to have the Radiance, although as mentioned, I'll miss the choices of two sets of 3 and 4 day cruises.   

I quite agree. I loved these "old" Fantasy class ships. They were always maintained in immaculate condition and had terrific crews. Great for a cheap weekend getaway. Frequently cruised them for $100 and even met others on board the booked last minute for NOTHING. Catalina and Ensenada had my favorite port places to go for great food and a rousing bucket of beers. 🙂

Edited by glrounds
  • Like 1