New promotion

seasickgirl

Every country is now fast tracking the vaccine. No government or economy can survive another prolong total lock down or wait two years to get a fool proof vaccine. This is desperate time that requires a desperate out of the box type solution. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If they used the same vaccine in Phases 1 and 2, wouldn't they still be monitoring the antibodies and T-cells produced in those participants?

As I remember it, there were only 15 people that went through all of phase 2, not enough to provide statistically reliable information.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, caribill said:

As I remember it, there were only 15 people that went through all of phase 2, not enough to provide statistically reliable information.

According to this webmd article, there were 600 in the Moderna Phase 2 trial.

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

According to this webmd article, there were 600 in the Moderna Phase 2 trial.

The announced results only covered 45 people and that was from Phase 1. Phase 2 results have not been announced yet. The Phase 3 trials are based on Phase 1 results.

"The recently published preliminary results were based on 45 adult patients, ages 18–55 years, who were enrolled at either Kaiser Permanente in Seattle, Washington, US or Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, US."

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/comment/moderna-mrna-1273-covid-19/

And as I remember it, the 45 people were in three groups of 15 people each. One group had a small dose, one had a medium dose and one had a large dose. The phase 3 trials are based on the results of the 15 people with the medium dosage.

"At the moment, the results of phase 2 are not yet known to the scientific community."

https://www.gilmorehealth.com/covid-19-the-moderna-vaccine-enters-the-final-phase-of-clinical-trials/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

Every country is now fast tracking the vaccine. No government or economy can survive another prolong total lock down or wait two years to get a fool proof vaccine. This is desperate time that requires a desperate out of the box type solution. 

I agree.

This isn't much help yet, but I find it to be a very interesting, "thinking outside of the box" concept.

https://news.yahoo.com/most-of-the-coronavirus-tests-the-us-does-are-worthless-but-theres-a-solution-that-could-actually-work-and-stop-the-spread-154815346.html

8 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I agree.

This isn't much help yet, but I find it to be a very interesting, "thinking outside of the box" concept.

https://news.yahoo.com/most-of-the-coronavirus-tests-the-us-does-are-worthless-but-theres-a-solution-that-could-actually-work-and-stop-the-spread-154815346.html

One of the major problems with it, is that those who have already caught the virus and recovered, still have high chances of falling ill again. The sad thing about it also is that even the vaccine might not be a vaccine as we see it, but rather a tool to help you fight it in the process. That thing is so tricky.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

What happened to the original topic of this post??  This thread has taken a totally different turn and direction. 🤣

THANK YOU ....I was just about to write a thread with the same message, we have existing threads for virus discussion.

3 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

THANK YOU ....I was just about to write a thread with the same message, we have existing threads for virus discussion.

Im curious to know about anyones experience with actually using the new promotion. I finally got all of my refund returned and have a lot of gift cards I want to use toward the new booking. Have been checking the thread to get some updated information and nothing was on topic. 😥Anybody have any new information regarding the new pay cruise in full for 10% savings and $200/OBC?

I rec'd the email to re-book my Europe cruise and my TA was able to get me the $200. OBC, which was nice.   I already had the free specialty restaurant dinner.

However, I don't know about the pay in full part because I would not do it for an Oct. 2021 cruise.

Glad to get this back on topic, I got criticized awhile back when there was so much virus talk on threads and I complained about it.

On 8/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, pcur said:

I got my new card and called Big Box to pay another Princess cruise in full using this promo, but they said it wasn't eligible.  We asked two different agents, and no clear answer why.  So, I said don't pay anything, and I paid off all my RCCL cruises instead!  If Princess doesn't want my money, RCCL does.

It's the same amount of money on the new card, qualifies me for the bonus points.  I just didn't get an additional $330 discount.  Since we have Princess Plus on the cruise, the $200 NR OBC is not a big loss to us.

Que serra!

My TA just tried to get this for me on a cruise booked today and was told if I didn't get the email directly then I don't qualify.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:37 PM, Namvvet68 said:

Any information about the " 48 hour deal" that is supposed to be announced on Aug. 11th as per the VP of sales on video the other day?

I also keep looking for this.

A new promo started today for Alaska but runs thru September and was only a "summer fare pricing" anyway.  Nothing spectacular.

1 hour ago, seagypsea said:

My TA just tried to get this for me on a cruise booked today and was told if I didn't get the email directly then I don't qualify.

If it's worth another try, here are the codes.  There doesn't appear to be any logic to which cruises qualify, because the email says "summer" and I used it on a November cruise:

Campaign code: PE0MS145   Reference promo code: MFP

On 8/8/2020 at 9:37 AM, Namvvet68 said:

Any information about the " 48 hour deal" that is supposed to be announced on Aug. 11th as per the VP of sales on video the other day?

2 hours ago, seagypsea said:

I also keep looking for this.

A new promo started today for Alaska but runs thru September and was only a "summer fare pricing" anyway.  Nothing spectacular.

I have a note that the info thing was supposed to be at 2 PM today. I doubt very much it will be anything I will take advantage of but thought I might check it out anyway. Of course, I can't remember how one was supposed to access it. Guess I'll have to look back and see if I can find the reference.

EDIT: Found the info but it seems the only way to get to the webinar is via a link sent to travel agents. They are encouraged to share the link with clients, friends, etc. but I can't find the dang link anywhere. Stupid. If they want all kinds of folks to "attend" the webinar they should make the link available.

Edited by Thrak

33 minutes ago, pcur said:

If it's worth another try, here are the codes.  There doesn't appear to be any logic to which cruises qualify, because the email says "summer" and I used it on a November cruise:

Campaign code: PE0MS145   Reference promo code: MFP

Thanks for the info!

19 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Im curious to know about anyones experience with actually using the new promotion. I finally got all of my refund returned and have a lot of gift cards I want to use toward the new booking. Have been checking the thread to get some updated information and nothing was on topic. 😥Anybody have any new information regarding the new pay cruise in full for 10% savings and $200/OBC?

I called Princess and had no problems getting the 10% savings and $200 OBC.  The 10% is off of just the cruise fare but if you have Princess Vacation Protection that also drops 10%.  All of the previous perks remained with the new fare.  I had no problems paying with gift cards (took a while entering all of the gift card info). 

Watching now. They are giving away ten $100 gift cards and one 7 day Alaska cruise in a balcony cabin. They are pulling from everybody who registered. They have given away the first two gift cards. Surprise, surprise I didn't win.

Edited by Thrak

So what is this ‘amazing 48 hour sale’ Chernesky was hinting at?  I only saw an email for the Endless Summer Sale which is a) higher priced for the cruise I was looking at on Friday and b) not a 48 hour sale (which Carnival did have last month) and goes for about two weeks and C) seems to be more about 3/4th pax reduction than anything.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

So what is this ‘amazing 48 hour sale’ Chernesky was hinting at?  I only saw an email for the Endless Summer Sale which is a) higher priced for the cruise I was looking at on Friday and b) not a 48 hour sale (which Carnival did have last month) and goes for about two weeks and C) seems to be more about 3/4th pax reduction than anything.

If you book today or tomorrow, you get an extra $50 OBC for the cabin.

If you book a cruisetour today or tomorrow, you also get another $50 to spend at the lodges.

So, a possible total of $100 to spend.