Will any Royal ships sail out of Florida 2020?

W.H.O. Director just said:

The World Health Organization (WHO) fears that the corona crisis will have an impact for decades. The pandemic continues to accelerate, WHO director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at an online conference Monday. The greatest danger is not the virus itself, “but the lack of global solidarity and global leadership”. An unsolidated world could not defeat the pandemic: “None of us are safe unless everyone is safe.”

The corona pandemic was not only a health crisis, but also an economic and social one, and in many countries also a political crisis. “Their effects will still be felt in the coming decades.”

https://www.web24.news/u/2020/06/who-chief-fears-the-corona-crisis-will-have-a-decade-long-impact.html

• Like 1

MLB can't keep it out of their bubble testing daily and taking extreme precautions. No cruise ship can come close to this. Toss in ports of call, forget it. Crew and passengers will keep walking this virus on ships until it's totally eradicated from the globe.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Crew and passengers will keep walking this virus on ships until it's totally eradicated from the globe.

I believe that no crew members or passengers will be boarding any cruise ship at any U.S. port until

one simple fact remains. That is:

Social distancing & masks no longer required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Heymarco said:

That’s the lie we were told in March, we’ve all moved well past that.

So you believe it’s a hoax?  The virus, not the media hysteria. 

I’ve seen CT Scans of the lungs on some that have tested positive and in ICU. It’s scary. 

M8

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

MLB can't keep it out of their bubble testing daily and taking extreme precautions. No cruise ship can come close to this. Toss in ports of call, forget it. Crew and passengers will keep walking this virus on ships until it's totally eradicated from the globe.

I don’t think the are using the bubble like the NBA. I do wonder how often the NBA is testing. 

M8

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t think the are using the bubble like the NBA. I do wonder how often the NBA is testing. 

M8

Then we have the NHL who might have it organized the best. It might be an American team, full of Canadians team winning😉, but all games are played in Canada. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Then we have the NHL who might have it organized the best. It might be an American team, full of Canadians team winning😉, but all games are played in Canada. 

MLB would have been wiser to create a bubble for each division like the NHL did, and not try to travel from city to city.

Even so, as long as people are free to leave the bubble, all bets are off. That's why none of these plans to reopen schools for in-person learning are going to work. In fact, the plans I've seen include reverting to lockdown status and remote learning as soon as there is an outbreak. A school administrator in a small Arizona district said that everyone is traumatized by the death of a teacher during summer school and it's too soon to bring them back into the classroom again. I remember losing a high school teacher in a car accident and that was rough on everyone even though it wasn't caused by anyone there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pratique said:

MLB would have been wiser to create a bubble for each division like the NHL did, and not try to travel from city to city.

Even so, as long as people are free to leave the bubble, all bets are off.

In the NHL you can’t leave the bubble. Baseball players can go home when they are playing at home.  NFL wants to have 10,000 fans at a game and not live in a bubble.

I heard today that NBA that having “massage therapists”😉 visit to give services.  They may be in a bubble but I don’t know “safe” their bubble is. It would be rather unique to get an STD while in a bubble.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/nba-players-hot-massage-therapists-disney-bubble/

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I do wonder how often the NBA is testing. 

No testing in the NBA. Why would they test? Testing increases numbers, as we have been told. By not testing there is no covid 19 in the NBA.   Common sense.🤡

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/2/2020 at 6:37 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

In light of recent issues with sailings in Europe and spikes in Australia, will any Royal ship sail out of Florida in 2020?  I don’t think so. 

Thoughts on Biketoberfest Yay or Nay?

50 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Thoughts on Biketoberfest Yay or Nay?

Personally, I don’t think the Mayor of Daytona Beach will allow it. The city has become anti biker. He killed the last weekend on Bikeweek, which was normally the biggest weekend. The city already closed down Beach Street to Vendors two years ago. I had a meeting yesterday with the Dealership, they are physically located in Ormond Beach, and it would be Devastating financially to them to not go forward with their portion of Biketoberfest. The Mayor of Ormond Beach is a lot more business friendly than Daytona. The Volusia Sheriff Office cancelled the Police Motorcycle Rodeo that was scheduled for October. However, the Truck Show is still currently scheduled in Daytona Beach Labor Day Weekend. Trikefest (September) is still scheduled at this time. Sturgis 80th is happening this week and early reports are large numbers in attendance. Ocean City Bikefest that was moved to September has now been postponed. The Kentucky Bikes Bourbon and Bluegrass September was cancelled. 

There are no documented cases of COVID19 that resulted from March Bikeweek attendance. 

Edited to add. The DB Mayor allowed the group’s The Vibe and 305 to rally and protest in his city. Forcing shutdown of A1A and the bridges to the beach. It was a mess. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, joelheather said:

NO!!!

Not even the first half of 2021!!! Vaccine before cruising out of the USA

Even if a successful vaccine is developed, it is not going to eliminate this virus. It may decrease the chances of an outbreak on a ship, but an outbreak will still be a possibility.  

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 6:31 PM, flyguyjake said:

W.H.O. Director just said:

The World Health Organization (WHO) fears that the corona crisis will have an impact for decades.

Now they're taking the fear and hysteria to a new level.  Ridiculous.  

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

There are no documented cases of COVID19 that resulted from March Bikeweek attendance.

As far as I know the postponed Bike Week in Laconia NH is still on even though it doesn't have any official blessing from the city or state and the police chief wants it cancelled. The governor is just saying either abide by the guidelines or risk getting shut down.

I would just like to see us get through one year without a biker death Covid-related or otherwise. Every year it seems there is a tragic accident and we have roadside memorials all over the state testifying to it. Maybe taking one year off isn't such a bad idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Now they're taking the fear and hysteria to a new level.  Ridiculous.  

The corona virus will disappear when TTUN beats Ohio State. Wait for it, wait for it.

Couldn't resist bouhunter!!

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

My October cruise just got cancelled. 

It's official now.

At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. After further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through October 31st, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on November 1st, 2020. However, the following circumstances have extended the suspension for the following ships and sailings:

European & Transatlantic sailings through the end of November.

Odyssey of the Seas sailings from November 5th, 2020 through April 17th, 2021 will be cancelled. Given the closure of shipyards along with the disruption to the supply chain caused by this pandemic, we’ll need additional time to complete the Odyssey of the Seas’ scheduled construction.

• Liberty of the Seas’ amplification has been postponed to a later date, and the ship will now sail to Galveston earlier than planned. Regrettably, only one ship can dock at the Galveston pier at a time, so we have to cancel our February 14, 2021 Jewel of the Seas cruise.

• After consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association, and in conjunction with the CDC, we’ve decided to cancel some additional sailings departing from China. The following Spectrum of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, and Voyager of the Seas sailings have now been cancelled:

◦ Spectrum of the Seas sailings through September 13th, 2020

◦ Quantum of the Seas sailings through September 13th, 2020 and October 7th, 2020 - October 28th, 2020 sailings

◦ Voyager of the Seas sailings through September 30th, 2020

7 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

The corona virus will disappear when TTUN beats Ohio State. Wait for it, wait for it.

Couldn't resist bouhunter!!

My Dad went to OSU, daughter to MSU and I went to another Michigan university.  I'll never root for the TTUN, even if covid was on the line 🙂  It's too fun watching Harbaugh flame out on the sideline.

• Like 1

Well now that October sailings are off the table -- that leaves November and December.  My initial restart guess date was late December out of Florida but now that's not looking too promising at all.  While the Oct Empress out of Miami to Nassau is no longer appearing on the website (Empress of all ships --now headed for Malta then possibly the Turkish graveyard), There's still a Dec 12 Empress sailing out of Miami on the website and other sailings out til 2022 -- HAAAA 🤣😂

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.40.22 AM.png