Inspiration beaching

jimbo5544

So very sad. Was just on her in January for a weekend and had one of the best weekends ever. Will definitely miss her promenade, something a lot of these newer ships lack 

84B8B114-9A2D-41EF-8CB3-70FC36500F6E.jpeg

F6FCE816-15C5-40EC-B6C3-8D2FD5953276.jpeg

Edited by Georgie562
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

Not at all. That's why I'm smiling.

Was actually some remarkable footage, both from the shore and then the bridge.  Lots of things are remarkable these days (almost did a trailer of periods on the end of that sentence😇).

• Like 1

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

Was actually some remarkable footage, both from the shore and then the bridge.  Lots of things are remarkable these days (almost did a trailer of periods on the end of that sentence😇).

yes, the world has changed with cell phones and their video only gets better with time as camera lenses improve. You've been practicing your thumb release technique. Your Gold Star is on its way 😉 

Just now, sanmarcosman said:

yes, the world has changed with cell phones and their video only gets better with time as camera lenses improve. You've been practicing your thumb release technique. Your Gold Star is on its way 😉 

I’d be happy without the big circled F on the top of the page, not that it has ever happened before.

• Like 1

I wish I had better overall memories of Carnival Inspiration.

That ship just seemed to be a magnet for extreme fluke experiences (as well as one unfortunate screw-up). 😲

I'd enjoy having that 'connection' that many other seem to have.

14 hours ago, DGP1111 said:

I wish I had better overall memories of Carnival Inspiration.

That ship just seemed to be a magnet for extreme fluke experiences (as well as one unfortunate screw-up). 😲

I'd enjoy having that 'connection' that many other seem to have.

Was for us as well, but still pretty sad. Without a doubt, the worst dining experience we have ever had.  I never got a meal Inorgered, got many other meals tho....   became a running joke.  It was the last sailing before a dry dock.  

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

. . .  It was the last sailing before a dry dock.  

Any chance it was before the drydock of 2007? 

That's the one where the ship returned to Tampa [seemingly] looking worse than before it left.  I'd been invited for a ship tour, and it was almost cancelled early that morning.  We had to agree to put our cameras and phones in a box to be collected at the end.  Carnival didn't want us to document what still going on at a rapid pace. The person leading the tour seemed somewhat mortified.  Stepping around rolls of carpet to be installed.  Passengers would arrive the next day.  My favorite irony was that they new Waterworks would debut, yet nothing with water . . . worked. 

My first time on Inspiration (also out of Tampa) had delayed embarkation and sail-away due to a minor earthquake.  For real.  My first realization that such actually ever occurred off the coast of Florida.

33 minutes ago, DGP1111 said:

Any chance it was before the drydock of 2007? 

That's the one where the ship returned to Tampa [seemingly] looking worse than before it left.  I'd been invited for a ship tour, and it was almost cancelled early that morning.  We had to agree to put our cameras and phones in a box to be collected at the end.  Carnival didn't want us to document what still going on at a rapid pace. The person leading the tour seemed somewhat mortified.  Stepping around rolls of carpet to be installed.  Passengers would arrive the next day.  My favorite irony was that they new Waterworks would debut, yet nothing with water . . . worked. 

My first time on Inspiration (also out of Tampa) had delayed embarkation and sail-away due to a minor earthquake.  For real.  My first realization that such actually ever occurred off the coast of Florida.

Yes is was 2007.  

7 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

According to a crew member on Facebook, the end will come on Wednesday 5 August around noon local time.

I would suspect a little later than that, as low tide is at 11:14am local on the 5th.  They try to go in on a rising tide, and the highest tide available, high tide being at 5:15pm, so I would suspect they won't start moving until around 2 or 3 pm, but maybe the Carnival crew will get off at noon.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Travelnplane said:

Who is captaining a beaching ship? Is it still a Carnival captain or someone from the scrapyard?

If i'm not mistaken, someone from the scrapyard.

The Captain and remaining crew are tendered ashore before the ship gets  to the beach.