Inspiration beaching

jimbo5544

Look at the video of Fantasy beaching taken on the bridge.

All Carnival officers are present but taking guidance from an Aliaga pilot, just like any port except there are only arrivals here, never departures sadly.

Then a crane lowers the Captain off the ship.

18 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Look at the video of Fantasy beaching taken on the bridge.

All Carnival officers are present but taking guidance from an Aliaga pilot, just like any port except there are only arrivals here, never departures sadly.

Then a crane lowers the Captain off the ship.

Where can I find this video? I can only find the one taken from the shore

Inspiration has been beached, between the Fantasy and Sovereign.   Appears she slammed into the Fantasy and lost some or her forward momentum as she is sitting further back than the other two 😞

Edited by aarons1584
typo

Sad to see her go. We sailed both, the Inspiration and the Imagination out of Long Beach. Imagination was one of our worst (if any are truly that bad) cruises and Inspiration was one of our favorites. Always enjoyed the Fantasy class and will mourn each one as they go. Memories live forever.

One of my social media pages advertised this company that makes pieces of airplanes into individually numbered key chains. Prices ranging from I think $15-100 depending on the plane. It could be anything from a civilian aircraft to a SR-71. I bet if they took a couple pieces off of the Carnival ships and did that people would buy them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

One of my social media pages advertised this company that makes pieces of airplanes into individually numbered key chains. Prices ranging from I think $15-100 depending on the plane. It could be anything from a civilian aircraft to a SR-71. I bet if they took a couple pieces off of the Carnival ships and did that people would buy them.

I agree that they would probably sell, but not sure Carnival would ever engage in something like this...at least not based on what I was told several years ago.  Allegedly,  some years ago, Carnival was offered (for a price I'm sure) the ship's wheel from the original Mardi Gras when she was scrapped, but they turned it down. 

If you believe those making the allegation, Carnival wasn't interested in preserving their own history.  However, there's always two sides to the story...who knows what Carnival's thinking was at the time....maybe the asking price was too high.

Garnett

2 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

I agree that they would probably sell, but not sure Carnival would ever engage in something like this...at least not based on what I was told several years ago.  Allegedly,  some years ago, Carnival was offered (for a price I'm sure) the ship's wheel from the original Mardi Gras when she was scrapped, but they turned it down. 

If you believe those making the allegation, Carnival wasn't interested in preserving their own history.  However, there's always two sides to the story...who knows what Carnival's thinking was at the time....maybe the asking price was too high.

Garnett

I do know JH said they saved a few items from the Fantasy. I believe it was the ship model, bell and coin.

2 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

They (the scrappers) aren't wasting any time.  If you look closely at the Sovereign's bow, you can tell they've already started the dismantling process.

Garnett

They will need the room as there are going to be more ships on their way...

Prob never had 4 functional cruise ships or any ships parked there at one time!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

Such a tight squeeze.  Did they really think it would fit between those two ships?

Looks like they was some damage between the ships. There is some pictures that posted on a site i can not link to

116354129_10163733538750570_5649710885121686147_o.jpg

116830808_10163733538445570_133050141626937865_o.jpg

116887077_10163733539070570_7732748731024031288_o.jpg

116910043_10163733538865570_4082092051799469017_o.jpg

116911448_10163733538805570_4489646023789485929_o.jpg

117031874_10163733538535570_2587908507608703817_o.jpg

Edited by shof515

1 hour ago, Dave0311 said:

Those photos are so surreal. I know the ship is being scrapped; it's just crazy to see them banged together like that. What a sad ending for those ships.

i wonder what the bottom of the hull looks like when it is being scraped against the ground during the beaching process. that might be worse then the ships colliding with each other

Edited by shof515