How to Cancel a Cruise OnLine prior to Final Payment?

Jim_Iain

I know I should know this but can't seem to find it.

I have a cruise that I want to cancel prior to final payment.    When I searched here I pulled up a couple topics that say go to Make Final Payment and there is an option to cancel.   

At least on my reservation (not through an agent) there is no option to  cancel that I can find.   Just not in the mood to call Celebrity and would be easier to just push a couple buttons.

Any advice on where I can find it

This option disappears periodically. Looks like it is gone again. I have 4 reservations, at least 2 with refundable deposits and 1 non refundable.  Can't find the cancel option on any of them but I know I've seen it under manage reservation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have a cruise that I want to cancel prior to final payment.    When I searched here I pulled up a couple topics that say go to Make Final Payment and there is an option to cancel.   

At least on my reservation (not through an agent) there is no option to  cancel that I can find.   Just not in the mood to call Celebrity and would be easier to just push a couple buttons.

The same thing happened to me last week, and I had to call.

I wish X would stop taking this option away, it is really annoying.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your quick answers.     I have to agree.    I know it was there before but no longer exists.  I just wanted to cancel one or two reservations before the next round of cancellations take place.  

I guess I will just give them a call -  

Thanks for asking this question - I knew I had seen the option somewhere but for the last week of periodically trying I just couldn't find it. I thought I must have been going crazy!

I guess I will just keep checking my booking page waiting for the option to reappear 

I'm about the same ---- The one I want to cancel was just a filler cruise on a B2B2B2B  --- This one is the 2 day sampler out of Sydney.    Wasn't sure if we would use it or just get off for 2 days.    My deposit is only $200 so no big cash drain - 

On 8/26/2020 at 2:09 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thank you all for your quick answers.     I have to agree.    I know it was there before but no longer exists.  I just wanted to cancel one or two reservations before the next round of cancellations take place.  

I guess I will just give them a call -  

Jim - I gave up on the website long ago.  Have a TA that I can call on office or cell.  Always easier.  She is great.

Be careful using that link as you will be doing a CwC cancellation.  I believe that even if you have a refundable deposit you may only get FCC for the deposit doing this type of cancellation.   I don't know this for sure but it wouldn't surprise me.

The reason you might want to do this anyway is if you do a CwC cancellation of an onboard booking and you make a new booking in the future you can get the onboard booking OBC applied to that new booking (not the reduced deposit).   I did this yesterday when I booked a new cruise after I had cancelled an onboard booking with a NRD a month ago.  I had to pay full deposit but I didn't care as I was doing a group booking which requires that anyway but they did apply the OBC for booking onboard when I provided the cancelled cruise reservation number.

Of course if you have a new cruise selected already you would just move the existing reservation.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Most recently we  have called to cancel.

We first cancel  all extra dining  res and excursions, etc online..these credits  are posted quickly.  After doing that online, we call in  to cancel..to avoid any slip ups with FCC.

We have an APEX cruise we plan to cancel, conflicts with a lift and shift we just processed,

Edited by hcat

On 8/26/2020 at 12:09 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Just checked one of our cruises to see if it was still there.........

• Upcoming cruises
  • Manage your cruise
  • Cruise Details
  • At the very bottom:

image.thumb.png.ebc378635f73437591c3b68684f5805d.png

So....just in case this doesn't work for you, my experience last week when I tried to cancel so I could rebook (don't ask...you'll get a strange answer..LOL), I found REPEATEDLY, the link wouldn't work.  Tried 3 different browsers.  Had to call X (not my rep..they apparently can't cancel an existing cruise) but the general number, then the service dept, could cancel.  Frustrating system when the web doesn't do what it's designed to do.

4 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I just found the cancel on line option.  It is under Suspension of Cruising, Cruise with Confidence Tab. Since I don't have any cruises to cancel I did not try it, but it asked for your booking ID, Name, etc.

I will correct my comments above.   From the CwC Cancel page it states that outside of penalty refundable deposits will be refunded to original form of payment.  After that it will all be FCC.   If you were in say the 25% penalty phase and wanted 75% cash back ( and take the penalty as a loss) vs the 100% FCC (normal penalty) then don't do a CwC cancellation, call !

• For cancelation within any phase of penalty, refunds will be issued as Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the full cruise fare amount.
  • In order to receive 100% FCC, your booking must be paid in full.
  • For cancelation outside of penalty, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment.
  • Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.

35 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

Just checked one of our cruises to see if it was still there.........

• Upcoming cruises
  • Manage your cruise
  • Cruise Details
  • At the very bottom:

image.thumb.png.ebc378635f73437591c3b68684f5805d.png

So....just in case this doesn't work for you, my experience last week when I tried to cancel so I could rebook (don't ask...you'll get a strange answer..LOL), I found REPEATEDLY, the link wouldn't work.  Tried 3 different browsers.  Had to call X (not my rep..they apparently can't cancel an existing cruise) but the general number, then the service dept, could cancel.  Frustrating system when the web doesn't do what it's designed to do.

I should have explained further....the X rep can't cancel a reservation made online...they can cancel any other reservation.

3 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

I should have explained further....the X rep can't cancel a reservation made online...they can cancel any other reservation.

Thanks I was able to cancel.   I usually call the Zenith Desk but they weren't open when I decided that I was going to cancel it tonight.    It was a strange reservation of a 2 day sampler out of Sydney between two other cruises.   Deposit was only $200 so was more of a pain than anything.  

Last week I swear that option wasn't there.

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The link must have worked as I got a confirmation of cancellation and also the cruise is now missing from my Future Cruises.   It will be interesting to see how long the refunded deposit takes.

Similar here. I asked about my refund and they said a credit was posted to my card the day after cancellation. However, that credit has not yet appeared on my credit card .

3 hours ago, retafcruiser said:

Similar here. I asked about my refund and they said a credit was posted to my card the day after cancellation. However, that credit has not yet appeared on my credit card .

Same here.     I checked my previous cancellations and the Credit Date and Posting date were 4 working days.     I cancelled on 9/3 so probably early next week. 

On 9/3/2020 at 7:22 PM, oceangoer2 said:

That seems odd. It's not as if there's a travel agent involved. But  I assume from this thread that we could cancel online if a  res was made with an X cruise Planner, if we found the right click on button,?

We usually do the booking  research on line but call to make our res...so I assume that's why we  have able to call to cancel.

We have an APEX 5 day cruise in 2022 to cancel which is too close in date to our lift and shifted cruise on Reflection. Small deposit and no great bargain in price and perks.  Thought it would be a good way to see the ship in a short time as dh not that big a fan of E Class.  May as well get that done before the next wave of X cancellations clog up the system.