The Daily for Tuesday Sep 1, 2020

richwmn

today is Ginger Cat Appreciation Day, National No Rhyme or Reason Day, and National Cherry Popover Day 

Bugs, pl. n.:
    Small living things that small living boys throw on small living girls.

Meal suggestion for today - Chili-Lime Grilled Pineapple

Wine of the day - Mt. Beautiful Sauvignon Blanc North Canterbury vintage 2018

Drink of the day - Dreamy Chocolate Winter

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/7
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/8
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

At Sea Indian
Noordam destination Suez Canal eta 9/8
Zuiderdam destination Suez Canal eta 9/8

Balboa Anchorage
Oosterdam

Piraeus
Maasdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam

Rotterdam
Amsterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Rotterdam
Zaandam

0901World.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Over the weekend while searching for Fall meal suggestions, I came across a list of Cocktails and thought that since wine drinkers have a daily suggestion, so should those that prefer mixed drinks. So today I add a Drink of the day. For the next few weeks they will come from my Pacific Crossing last year on Noordam from Vancouver to New Zealand. Enjoy!

• Like 17

Early again today Rich.  While I don't drink I think the drink of the day is a great addition.  That dinner suggestion sounds both tasty and healthy.  I'd really love a cherry popover.  I'm sure we have some ginger cat fans, and don't need a rhyme or reason for it.  A nice definition of bugs, far from what we usually think of in the computer field.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Recovery from Laura and Marco

Those dealing with wildfires

Rain and relief for Phoenix and much of the southwest

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

The Bird in Hand fire chief and son Jason

Schools dealing with Covid outbreaks

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Cruising-along’s countdown for a road trip

Life sentence for NZ Mosque shooter

Return to school either in person or virtually

A virtual State Fair for Maryland

and 2 local career firefithters first day of retirement

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Over the weekend while searching for Fall meal suggestions, I came across a list of Cocktails and thought that since wine drinkers have a daily suggestion, so should those that prefer mixed drinks. So today I add a Drink of the day. For the next few weeks they will come from my Pacific Crossing last year on Noordam from Vancouver to New Zealand. Enjoy!

What a great idea 😄 

• Like 6

Good morning and thanks for the Daily Report.

No Rhyme or Reason Day sounds like most days around here.

Love the "Drink of the Day".

I think we're having cheeseburgers and salad for our dinner tonight, but I appreciate your suggestions.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List.

It's the first of September - where does the time go?  Hope everyone has a good day.

Stay safe.

• Like 9

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

We appreciate ginger cats every day.  No Rhyme or Reason day certainly is appropriate for every day of this year 😉 

The meal suggestion sounds interesting.  I have plenty of chilies and limes, but, alas, no pineapple.  So, we’ll have something else and WINE 😉 

Love your cocktail addition, Rich.

Joy @Seasick Sailor I got the hint yesterday 😉   The hummingbirds are fighting over the sunflowers.  I am not deadheading to see if the seeds attract any birds later.

6893E5F1-CA16-448B-B05B-7A9A75A2545C.thumb.jpeg.09ba8a91dcf42c82d4e2599cb6128563.jpeg

They are quite tall:

58930721-97D7-4E14-8010-CB2F332446FF.thumb.jpeg.354496725e27a540118895d04e9ca4f4.jpeg

And just a few begonias.  There are lots of different kinds and I love mixing them.

28BBB784-1F92-407E-8CFA-41EF589FB3B0.thumb.jpeg.af71e97c7d903811992fbbd3efc90592.jpeg

D3A46EE5-E44B-4D58-96AC-BE24D5E88D1E.thumb.jpeg.39e017e7351b1f77482e10fd1c784ccf.jpeg

AB64D6DC-12D6-4D5D-8B50-D72472EEC97C.thumb.jpeg.cc0222d4d4614014f4af47e6dadcf39a.jpeg

D0444754-C6A2-4736-8821-F37451D8280B.thumb.jpeg.139aab86a173881fc2f27e1d92501cc7.jpeg

Prayers to everyone on our Care list and a toast to everyone on Roy’s shoutout list.

Have a great Tuesday and stay safe, everyone.

• Like 10

It seems like the weather in Tulsa has taken a turn for the temperate!  Our extended forecast has a little needed rain, and some beautiful fall temps coming up.  I am reasonable certain there will be some more tastes of heat as we go along, but I am celebrating wonderful weather!  @Seasick Sailor I hope some fall weather falls down toward Georgetown.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Live4cruises said:

It seems like the weather in Tulsa has taken a turn for the temperate!  Our extended forecast has a little needed rain, and some beautiful fall temps coming up.  I am reasonable certain there will be some more tastes of heat as we go along, but I am celebrating wonderful weather!  @Seasick Sailor I hope some fall weather falls down toward Georgetown.

image.jpeg.e7431d9d69306e6eea6d949b28d5af87.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@kazu Jacqui, I can't believe how many flowers you have in your gardens! They are so beautiful. Are there any seeds that you will keep for your next year's season?

Everything in the main gardens are perennials.  The front porch one has a couple of annuals but everything else is perennial.

Most of the plants on the decks and in the front porch are bulbs so yes, they get dug up and saved.  The sunflower, lofos, etc are annuals so, I’ll try to save some seeds.  If I don’t succeed, I’ll just buy them again next year 😉   Jose (DH) definitely wants me to save some of the chili seeds.  He says they are the best ones ever.

• Like 7

this is just wrong! a redhead wearing orange? ginger cat | Funny animal  quotes, Funny picture jokes, Funny pictures

Good morning Rich! Thank you again for a wonderful start to my morning. The drink list will be a lot of fun. You are so great to put this thread together every single day.

And speaking of ginger.. @erewhon brought dessert late last night to our picnic: Ginger muffins! 

Thanks Roy for your prayer list and do not know yet who or what we will celebrate at Happy Hour. I had a lot of "Happy" last night..

Thanks Jacqui @kazu for the garden pictures. I love flowers very much and I have some of your pictures saved to either start next season or this fall. I appreciate the time you take to help me.

I sure missed @DeeniEncinitasDenise and David at our picnic last night. I hope they are having a wonderful vacation.

Good morning @cat shepard Ann and Bindi. Waiting for your wine review. I think I may like this one.

Everyone have a great day. Remember to wear your mask (and wash/replace as necessary) 

I think I will make Rich's food suggestion "Chili-Lime Grilled Pineapple" sounds wonderful!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, richwmn said:

I noticed you added the Dreamy chocolate winter. Sounds like dessert!😎

• Like 8

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Great idea to add the Daily Drink!

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists updated!

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Hope all are well. This morning had a beautiful Fall-like feel to it. Not a speck of humidity to it! I need to work really hard at the gym today, after what I ate at our picnic yesterday. That was a fun idea, Joy! Thank you for starting it @Seasick Sailor!

Prayers to all who need are support.

🥂 to all we are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

This Canterbury, New Zealand wine is very well rated, and is reasonably priced at $18.99.  This is the first time I have seen the notes from a tasting panel, so I included them. The description mentions passion fruits @TiogaCruiser and @bennybear. I love a nice Sauvignon Blanc, so I need to add this to my list. 

#60 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

The 2018 Sauvignon Blanc has great aromatic power with aromas of violet, fresh pear, and white stone fruits. On the palate, this wine is generous and full-bodied with lush stone and passion fruits. A creamy mouthfeel is balanced by a crisp citrus acid drive and great length of flavor.

TP92
Tasting Panel

Smooth and rich with minerals and tangy fruit; fresh and long with layered complexity and a remarkable Old World quality

WS90
Wine Spectator
Offers an appealing core of intense, lush flavors of ripe melon and peach, with details of white pepper, honeysuckle and ruby grapefruit lingering on the finish. Impressive for the intensity and focus. Drink now.
  • Like 8

48 minutes ago, kazu said:

Everything in the main gardens are perennials.  The front porch one has a couple of annuals but everything else is perennial.

Most of the plants on the decks and in the front porch are bulbs so yes, they get dug up and saved.  The sunflower, lofos, etc are annuals so, I’ll try to save some seeds.  If I don’t succeed, I’ll just buy them again next year 😉   Jose (DH) definitely wants me to save some of the chili seeds.  He says they are the best ones ever.

Something great has to come out of this year.

Though I will say The Daily is a great 2020  happening!

• Like 6

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  While we've never had a ginger cat, I know they are sweet kitties and I'm glad they have their own day of recognition.  DH loves cherry popovers, and I do a lot of things without rhyme or reason lol.   Love that you've added a Drink of the Day, and of course, you had me at chocolate, you devil !!

I'm not sure what's on our menu tonight, but I like the idea of grilled pineapple. If we grill the pineapple, we might as well put on some pork chops or burgers.   And wine.

Our weather is taking a turn; just yesterday we were talking about how the sunlight already looks different - like the "f" word ... fall.  There's more of a red hue to the light, and all too soon the temperatures are going from hot to cool.  On Sunday night our overnight low was 4C or 39F.  Sigh.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Cheers to the ones on the celebration list, with thanks to @rafinmd  for keeping it going as well as the Daily.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

My gosh, when I first saw this, I thought a Beluga whale was coming over the side of the ship!  Does anyone else see it?

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

I don't see it.  QM2 has some spare propeller blades sitting on the front of the ship.  Not exactly the bow being out there feels like a bow but there are several lower stages of bow and the area where I was standing also has a big steel wall between it and the promenade deck with access through weather tight hatches when the sea starts churning.

Roy

• Like 3

Good Morning everyone!

It’s already Tuesday! Finished reorganizing and cleaning my sewing room yesterday (yah) and plan to tackle my closet and thin the herd of clothes today. Will not be using much of my work wardrobe now that I’m retired. The thrift stores should be opening soon as we are off the Governor’s list.

Jacque, your garden is inspiring me to get on with ours. 😀 Am planning on planting some pots, and even have some yellow passion fruit seeds to try. (Will skip on the wine as Sauvignon Blanc doesn’t play well with my chemistry and it, as well as many white wines, have a distinct feline factor for me.😝)

@ger_77 I had to take another look and a sip of coffee too, as I saw a dolphin in that picture.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 9