Australia 2021/2022 Release

cruisefan2012

Tried to book a B2B2B for 2022 and the Princess site was giving me fits. I'd get all the way through the first booking and then it would bomb and say there was a problem. I'd start again and the cabin was gone. I went through this with 6 or 7 cabins. Bombed each time. Then I closed out and went back in and the cabins showed as available again. Went through the whole thing a bunch more time with the cabins disappearing after the booking bombed on the very last page.

I gave up and called my TA. He tried and said the system was really weird and not working for him. I sent him the itineraries we wanted and the location and he said he'd get back to me. 20 minutes later he called and we are booked in C718 on Sapphire Princess for all 3 segments. It will be a hot time of year I'm sure but we are booked!

Jan 3-10 Southern Australia  - 7-day Melbourne RT

Jan 10-23 New Zealand - 13-day Melbourne RT

Jan 23-29 Tasmania - 6-day Melbourne RT

Ahhh... 26 days in the same cabin with a large balcony and the full Princess Plus amenities. We got booted from the 33 day B2B2B this year and can't find the same itineraries in 2022 but this will work for us.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 9:34 PM, azbirdmom said:

I thought I read somewhere that these cruises would be available for sale to everyone on Tuesday, with Elite booking window on Monday?

Yes, the email we received said the Elite booking window was yesterday. We didn't get it together to book yesterday but it worked out okay today anyway.

From the email:

image.png.98fa301a5ed9eaeebe5c46b435e63935.png

Edited by Thrak

53 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Ahhh... 26 days in the same cabin with a large balcony and the full Princess Plus amenities. We got booted from the 33 day B2B2B this year and can't find the same itineraries in 2022 but this will work for us.

That looks like a Bonza cruise Thrak. 😉 Enjoy your time Down Under.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I gave up and called my TA. He tried and said the system was really weird and not working for him. I sent him the itineraries we wanted and the location and he said he'd get back to me. 20 minutes later he called and we are booked in C718 on Sapphire Princess for all 3 segments. It will be a hot time of year I'm sure but we are booked!

The weather should be reasonable for your cruises in January. If you were booking far North Queensland, you would expect the weather to be humid and wet, but not where you are going. Southern Australia has a Mediterranean climate with cool wet winters and warm to hot dry summers. Even it the temperature is high, without the high humidity of northern Australia, it is bearable. Just be aware that Melbourne and surroundings has the reputation of being able to have all four seasons in the one day. The temperature can drop dramatically. January and February are great times to cruise in NZ. It won't be hot, just not as cold. Take one warm jacket each for scenic cruising in the Sounds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, trbarton said:

I guess I need to contact Princess to find out since I’m Elite why I have never received any of the emails. 

Tom🤔

I never got them until I listed future destinations I'm interested in (its under travel history in the check in process)

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

Tried to book a B2B2B for 2022 and the Princess site was giving me fits. I'd get all the way through the first booking and then it would bomb and say there was a problem. I'd start again and the cabin was gone.

When you select a cabin, it is reserved for you for about 45 minutes. If you have to restart, that cabin will not be available because it had been reserved for you in the earlier attempt but not available on the restart even though it is you. When you tried again later, the 45 minute (or so) period had elapsed and it was available again.

Just now, Capalaba said:

For those waiting for Sun Princess cruises for 2021-22 to appear your wait will likely be long OR you could put in a bid to buy it. For Sale for only US$170M and it has been stripped of all its Princess Livery

https://commercial.apolloduck.com/boat/commercial-vessels-cruise-ship/584501

Guess I should have added that those of us who are holding bookings through Jan-April 2021 its only a matter of time before we get the cancellation notice.

Sea Princess also not likely to be coming to Australia to complete its 2020-21 season???????

Thats 7 more we have booked that will be added to the 'cancelled pile

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The weather should be reasonable for your cruises in January. If you were booking far North Queensland, you would expect the weather to be humid and wet, but not where you are going. Southern Australia has a Mediterranean climate with cool wet winters and warm to hot dry summers. Even it the temperature is high, without the high humidity of northern Australia, it is bearable. Just be aware that Melbourne and surroundings has the reputation of being able to have all four seasons in the one day. The temperature can drop dramatically. January and February are great times to cruise in NZ. It won't be hot, just not as cold. Take one warm jacket each for scenic cruising in the Sounds.

Took the words out of my mouth. I've been to Melbourne for the Boxing Day test (26 December onwards) and have never been so cold. I've also been there when it's 40 Deg (about 105 F for our US friends). So yeah bring all four seasons clothing.

Looks a great trip Thrak. We love Sapphire and had a cancelled Asian cruise on her when the virus hit. However I am not booking anything until the cruise industry is up and running and has been so for a while. Not going through all that refund stuff again. Mind you, that time is school hols here so not for me.

Edited by leck57

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

I never got them until I listed future destinations I'm interested in (its under travel history in the check in process)

As an Elite maybe consider contacting Princess and get a personal Cruise Consultant. Ours sent us the Australian 2020-2021 sailing details/brochure on 3rd September. We worked our what we were interested in, discussed what we wanted to book, cabin details etc so at 09:30 yesterday the confirmation emails came through - all booked.

You can still book stuff through a TA if you want - but I never do.  I have her direct contact details and she can match/or beat  anything I see advertised - and I get hundreds of deals from TAs sent to me.

8 hours ago, Capalaba said:

For those waiting for Sun Princess cruises for 2021-22 to appear your wait will likely be long OR you could put in a bit to buy it. For Sale for only US$170M and it has been stripped of all its Princess Livery

The photo was clearly altered - I don't think it has been stripped of its Princess livery just yet.  Still I wish Princess would not keep all of us with bookings on the Sun in suspense and formally announce that there won't be any more cruises on her if that is their ultimate intent.

45 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The photo was clearly altered - I don't think it has been stripped of its Princess livery just yet.  Still I wish Princess would not keep all of us with bookings on the Sun in suspense and formally announce that there won't be any more cruises on her if that is their ultimate intent.

I agree about the photo, it is likely photoshopped.

Princess is between a rock and a hard spot.  Covid-19 aside, they probably can't sell a ship overnight.  They might be planning on continuing using the ship as long as they can until it is sold.

This doesn't help everyone with bookings, so Princess is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, leck57 said:

Looks a great trip Thrak. We love Sapphire and had a cancelled Asian cruise on her when the virus hit. However I am not booking anything until the cruise industry is up and running and has been so for a while. Not going through all that refund stuff again. Mind you, that time is school hols here so not for me.

The cruises are for 2022. Hopefully that is far enough out for things to be "better".

Thrak, your trip sounds great!  I keep looking at the itineraries for mid-Feb. into March, but can't find something like you've lined up.  I don't want to leave in January, or early February.  I've been gone for March before for a 30 day So. America cruise, everything was o.k.  Leaving my house in winter concerns me a little.

Long flight to Sydney so I would like to see as much as possible.  I did think about just doing New Zealand, then do the round Australia another time.  I'll keep looking at it, I do want to do the Baltic and TA again, too.

On 9/9/2020 at 5:31 AM, Thrak said:

I just looked at the Princess site and am utterly amazed to see early 2021 cruises for Australia and New Zealand listed. I really don't think these cruises can possibly happen. I could re-book the cruises that were cancelled in this new time slot but simply don't believe they will actually sail. Oddly enough, looking at the January sailings they are way cheaper than what we had booked. For instance, the 13 day New Zealand segment - with the full package - is $724 per person less.

I am booked on this cruise, Melb-Melb on Sapphire.  I have an awesome suite down the back, all sorts of inclusions I never normally get, for a bargain price after I put my cruise credits toward it, but I do not believe its going to happen.  I am still enjoying seeing it sitting there, and imaging it might happen....   but i seriously can’t see the govt allowing cruise ships by January.  My cruise credits (from the cancelled Diamond Princess cruise) are supposed to used by February but hopefully they will extend their use by date.

On 9/16/2020 at 5:43 PM, Capalaba said:

For those waiting for Sun Princess cruises for 2021-22 to appear your wait will likely be long OR you could put in a bit to buy it. For Sale for only US$170M and it has been stripped of all its Princess Livery

Not the livery as it's an obvious stock pic from before refurbishment and they did a very bad PS to get rid of the PCL logo on the funnel

But still point valid

Michael

And so it comes to pass ... confirmation this afternoon that Princess has sold Sun Princess and Sea Princess.  It seems that Sun Princess is going to Japan Grace as a Peace Boat.  What is to happen with Sea Princess is, I believe, still unknown.

FB_IMG_1600408261269.jpg

Sea Princess is currently off Changi in Singapore and Sun Princess is currently off the coast of Singapore with many of her fleetmates.

1 hour ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

And so it comes to pass ... confirmation this afternoon that Princess has sold Sun Princess and Sea Princess.  It seems that Sun Princess is going to Japan Grace as a Peace Boat.  What is to happen with Sea Princess is, I believe, still unknown.

FB_IMG_1600408261269.jpg

Sea Princess is currently off Changi in Singapore and Sun Princess is currently off the coast of Singapore with many of her fleetmates.

I just saw this on an Australian Princess FB page too ...  although nothing is mentioned in the www.princess.com/notices page nor on the Cancellations link...  I also haven't received anything from Princess as I am meant to be sailing on the Sea next February.  I wonder if this is true?  Seems a funny old cut and paste job without any of the usual Princess branding.  That said, I wouldn't mind the 125% FCC because I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be sailing anyway. 

1 hour ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

FB_IMG_1600408261269.jpg

The following is available online

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23509-peace-boat-to-modernize-cruise-fleet-with-newer-ship.html

Nice picture of the Sun Princess. This probably confirms that the info above is correct and the Sun has been sold to Japan Grace. So our 3 cruises booked on the Sun are either going to be cancelled or will have a ship change? I think cancelled.

So I assume that the info re the Sea is also correct and our 3 on her will go the same way

2 hours ago, Capalaba said:

The following is available online

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23509-peace-boat-to-modernize-cruise-fleet-with-newer-ship.html

Nice picture of the Sun Princess. This probably confirms that the info above is correct and the Sun has been sold to Japan Grace. So our 3 cruises booked on the Sun are either going to be cancelled or will have a ship change? I think cancelled.

So I assume that the info re the Sea is also correct and our 3 on her will go the same way

I used the word sold above. That was incorrect. I should have said leased to as the Japan Grace releases says they have chartered it.