MSC - New Video on Safety and Health Protocols

Formula280SS

Cruise Line Details How They Are Keep Guests Safe [VIDEO]

Published
13 mins ago  on  September 18, 2020

By  Sarah Bretz

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-line-details-how-keeping-guests-safe-video/

MSC Cruises has created a new video that showcases their new health and safety protocol onboard to keep passengers and crew protected in light of the current health crisis.

Edited by Formula280SS
Add link to author article
  • Like 3

I liked what I saw on the video.  I do think MSC is doing what is required at this time to allow for cruising to begin.  For those who choose to do so.  It's the face mask thing.  To have to wear it throughout the cruise....  I wear a face mask when I am out locally for brief periods of time.  But, to have to do it for hours at a time for whatever length the cruise would be....

I am not there yet to accept that.  If I ever will be able to do so.  

I still don't like the self served drink station set up. What's the point of putting in all the safety precautions at buffet while letting the guests to touch the coffee mugs and drink/coffee dispenser buttons with their dirty fingers?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I still don't like the self served drink station set up. What's the point of putting in all the safety precautions at buffet while letting the guests to touch the coffee mugs and drink/coffee dispenser buttons with their dirty fingers?

That's a good point.  Wouldn't be surprised that gets changed.

22 hours ago, sfaaa said:

If you have to wash your hands before entering or have hand gel on them why would people have dirty hands!

12 minutes ago, sidari said:

If you have to wash your hands before entering or have hand gel on them why would people have dirty hands!

I don't know. I have seen people using their hands to cover their mouths when sneezing, rubbing their nose, scratching their bums or licking their fingers from time to time.

Edited by sfaaa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cruise Lines Submit Plans to CDC; One Step Closer to Sailing

Published  17 seconds ago on  September 21, 2020

By  Doug Parker 

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-lines-submit-plans-to-cdc-one-step-closer-to-sailing/

Interesting, MSC operating Grandiosa in Italy since August, isn't mentioned as submitting a plan in the USA to the CDC?  IMO, MSC thinks the politics and regulators in the USA are just too overwhelming at this time, that the No Sail Order will be extended through the holidays, and it just isn't 'worth it right now on this side of the pond.

In the meantime (reported by some to be 20% of employees; I cannot confirm) ~

Carnival Cruise Line Terminates Thousands of Crew Members and Senior Shipboard Officers

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/09/articles/disease/carnival-cruise-line-terminates-thousands-of-crew-members-and-senior-shipboard-officers/

A narrative that is not so encouraging for cruising in the short term.

2 hours ago, Formula280SS said:

Cruise Lines Submit Plans to CDC; One Step Closer to Sailing

Published  17 seconds ago on  September 21, 2020

By  Doug Parker 

https://cruiseradio.net/cruise-lines-submit-plans-to-cdc-one-step-closer-to-sailing/

Interesting, MSC operating Grandiosa in Italy since August, isn't mentioned as submitting a plan in the USA to the CDC?  IMO, MSC thinks the politics and regulators in the USA are just too overwhelming at this time, that the No Sail Order will be extended through the holidays, and it just isn't 'worth it right now on this side of the pond.

In the meantime (reported by some to be 20% of employees; I cannot confirm) ~

Carnival Cruise Line Terminates Thousands of Crew Members and Senior Shipboard Officers

https://www.cruiselawnews.com/2020/09/articles/disease/carnival-cruise-line-terminates-thousands-of-crew-members-and-senior-shipboard-officers/

A narrative that is not so encouraging for cruising in the short term.

Would MSC submit separately or would they be covered under the CLIA submission? 

13 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Would MSC submit separately or would they be covered under the CLIA submission? 

2 hours ago, sidari said:

I would think that they would have to follow along with the others but they may have added their voice to the others with what they are doing in Italy.

It's unclear to me how this process will work for each line or all lines; i.e., whether a Master Plan will be approved by the CDC and all lines must implement policies and procedures and demonstrate compliance (via oversight) or alternately each line (or group as RCCL and NCL have teamed).

IMO, when cruise lines are implementing such already, in Italy and Germany, and such are increasing, with the largest ship the Grandiosa into its second month, I would think that the CDC and other cruise lines would look to get MSC significantly involved for the America's cruising resumption planning.

Again, I just get the feeling that MSC has determined to focus on cruises where there exists cooperative governments, regulators and local officials rather than waste resources and efforts in a market that is touch-and-go and would just as easily shut it all down again and back hand strap the cruise lines to remand their crew to the ships in US ports again forcing the lines to move the armada back across the pond to friendlier waters.

Hoping I'm wrong.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

It's unclear to me how this process will work for each line or all lines; i.e., whether a Master Plan will be approved by the CDC and all lines must implement policies and procedures and demonstrate compliance (via oversight) or alternately each line (or group as RCCL and NCL have teamed).

IMO, when cruise lines are implementing such already, in Italy and Germany, and such are increasing, with the largest ship the Grandiosa into its second month, I would think that the CDC and other cruise lines would look to get MSC significantly involved for the America's cruising resumption planning.

Again, I just get the feeling that MSC has determined to focus on cruises where there exists cooperative governments, regulators and local officials rather than waste resources and efforts in a market that is touch-and-go and would just as easily shut it all down again and back hand strap the cruise lines to remand their crew to the ships in US ports again forcing the lines to move the armada back across the pond to friendlier waters.

Hoping I'm wrong.

Although RCCL and NCL prepared their own, I interpreted that others would be included in the CLIA submission, the following section confirms Carnival are, which lead me to conclude MSC would be too. I've no idea obviously 🤔

"trade group CLIA (Cruise Line International Association) announced they, too, had submitted plans. This is important because the organization represents approximately 95 percent of cruise lines operating around the world.

Carnival Corporation, which was not a part of the joint-report put forth by Royal Caribbean Group and Norwegian Cruise Line Holding’s Healthy Sail Panel, is instead being represented by CLIA’s Mandatory Core Elements of Health Protocols.

A spokesperson for Carnival Corporation told Cruise Radio, “We are submitting in a coordinated way through CLIA.”

On 9/25/2020 at 3:38 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm curious  has msc placed any new restrictions on where passengers for grandiosa sailings can originate from. I know it was schegen countries but some have high cases and/or new restrictions, such as France.

No restrictions on passengers from Schengen countries,  but MSC has posted a list of "high risk" areas. Anyone coming from one of those areas must have a negative PCR test not more than 72 hours old in order to board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crazyank said:

No restrictions on passengers from Schengen countries,  but MSC has posted a list of "high risk" areas. Anyone coming from one of those areas must have a negative PCR test not more than 72 hours old in order to board.

Very good!  I truly believe their health protocols are fantastic and so happy they have been successfully cruising for almost 2 months with no incidents.  That's great!!!

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 4:35 PM, sidari said:

Your hands do NOT stay sanitized,   Multiple people eat with their hand,  licking their fingers etc.  Touching the back,  bottle of the chair to pull it in etc.     You claim doesn't hold up,  and many people are simply unaware of what their habits are.    I-  EVERY meal I taken in buffets-  see people sampling in line,  lick lick lick.    I'm glad the new protocols are going to be in place.   

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I'd be very curious to know how the little kids are handling the nasal swab.  I have a 5 year old daughter and don't think she would do well with it.  I see a few kids in the videos however, so I guess some are tolerating it well.

My wife somehow managed to teach out daughter to clean up her nose by herself.. she is 3,5 years old. I think you can find information about it on the internet. There is plenty of videos teaching certain things So, I wouldn't worry that much