Need a cruise fix?

cantstopingcruising

9 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

We are watching High Seas on Netflix and we are loving it. So is everyone to whom we have recommended it. My DH keeps saying, this doesn't happen on Celelbrity! It takes place on a gorgeous 1940's art deco style ship, gorgeous people, gorgeous clothes and LOTS of intrigue.  Enjoy!

Thanks for recommending! Netflix has it at an 80% match for me (but wasn't showing it on my suggested shows).

When I want a good laugh and looking for a comedy if there is nothing  else to watch when it is being shown I will watch the “Love Boat” because it is so far away from cruising reality.   

I don’t subscribe to Netflix and if I did I would cancel. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

I found "High Seas" a few weeks ago...watched one season per day (total binge-worthy).  Loved the fashion, art deco decor, beautiful, spacious staterooms.  The plot got a little hoaky in season three; that's probably why I loved it so much.

I read that a season 4 was approved only to be cancelled...😂

Although it does not at all correlate with modern cruising (it takes place in 1947 after all) but it has kept our interest for the 1 1/2 seasons we've watched so far.  Glad Netflix Spain produced it and was picked up by Netflix worldwide.

23 hours ago, miched said:

When I want a good laugh and looking for a comedy if there is nothing  else to watch when it is being shown I will watch the “Love Boat” because it is so far away from cruising reality.   

I don’t subscribe to Netflix and if I did I would cancel. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks to you, I went to youtube last night and watched an episode of Love Boat.

On 9/21/2020 at 8:58 AM, cantstopingcruising said:

We are watching High Seas on Netflix and we are loving it. So is everyone to whom we have recommended it. My DH keeps saying, this doesn't happen on Celelbrity! It takes place on a gorgeous 1940's art deco style ship, gorgeous people, gorgeous clothes and LOTS of intrigue.  Enjoy!

Thanks for the suggestion, saw first episode fairly interesting.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, cantstopingcruising said:

We are watching High Seas on Netflix and we are loving it. So is everyone to whom we have recommended it. My DH keeps saying, this doesn't happen on Celelbrity! It takes place on a gorgeous 1940's art deco style

3 minutes ago, 1965kopite said:
On 9/21/2020 at 7:58 AM, cantstopingcruising said:

We are watching High Seas on Netflix and we are loving it. So is everyone to whom we have recommended it. My DH keeps saying, this doesn't happen on Celelbrity! It takes place on a gorgeous 1940's art deco style

Don't be shy...😏

If you enjoy High Seas, then you will enjoy Grand Hotel ( the original Spanish series set in San Sebastián, not the American version). It predates High Seas with even more nefarious goings on and Dr. Ayala’s father is a delicious central role, to which Dr Ayala makes an oblique reference to the ship’s detective. 

To see and appreciate real sailing watch “Master and Commander”, starring Russell Crowe.    Very realistic.   Not very romantic as it was a battle ship.   But watching it you can appreciate the adventurist spirit of those  sailing to the new country in the 15th century.  No cruise director, evening shows, bars, pools and etc.  

The ships weren’t as long as the beam on todays cruise ships 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

My husband, my sister and I have enjoyed all three seasons of High Seas. Sis and I really enjoy the fashions, hairdos and red, red lipstick. We enjoy the ship's decor but miss balconies. Those suites seem really big. So much closet space. The plot isn't the best, but so much abut the show makes up for that. We are really saddened that the third season will be the last. 

We also watch Love Boat. That show really makes me miss cruising and ache to cruise again. We have three cruises booked, but don't know if any of those cruises will be sailing. We are still hoping against hope that the 2021 New Orleans Mardi Gras cruise on Equinox will sail, but because it is early February, I 'm not sure it will happen.

• 6 months later...

Just found this thread and am binging the show. Does anyone have any idea what ship they used for the aerial shots? Is it CGI or maybe an old liner? I assume the interiors are on a stage somewhere, but they do remind us of the Queen Mary hotel in Long Beach.

Tony