Guess the ship...

Despegue

3 minutes ago, rotjeknor said:

They do some nice pre-match actions as well.  Thanks to stopping the league last march (due to corona) they didn't relegate...

Three weeks ago Feyenoord -ADO Den Haag 4-2 😄

We're just warming up..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2020 at 4:37 PM, VMax1700 said:

Yes, it is Koningsdam. The photo does not do justice to the original. I love the old liner and the chaplinesque figure in this. There is great modern art on KDM.

Very cool!  Where is it located as I missed it.

6 hours ago, rotjeknor said:

The seal of the the city of Rotterdam is displayed here on the biggest hand painted banner ever to used in a football (soccer) stadium in Europe. It measured 105 by 50 meters and was completely handmade ( I know, I worked on it...). It was displayed before the cup game between the eternal rivals Feyenoord of Rotterdam and Ajax from amsterdam in october 2015. Feyenoord won the game ;-).

As you can see , my avatar also displays this seal. This one in the tunnel before players reach the pitch in the Feyenoord stadium in Rotterdam. If you're ever in Rotterdam again, do a stadium tour !

DSC_0220.jpeg

Thank you so much for this photo and the info.  105x50 meters is also very impressive.  Even better than taking a tour of the stadium would be enjoying a game in the stadium.  Thanks again,  Cherie   p.s.  I'm happy for you that Feyenoord won the October 2015 game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Very cool!  Where is it located as I missed it.

I don't remember! 🙄 DW took the pic on a sea day as she went round the ship taking pics of all the art that interested her.  I will ask her in the morning as she is in bed now.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Which Dam Ship & where?

image.thumb.png.b035d5bfacdbd851feecaa07eea7d63d.png

Zaandam with, originally her Marco Polo Restaurant when she joined the HAL fleet in April 2000, then changed to Pinnacle Grill in April 2003 which it still is today. You can get a window seat inside this PG with spectacular views of the starboard side interior corridor, just like on her sister Volendam and her two former near sisters Rotterdam and Amsterdam 😉 

7 minutes ago, Vic The Parrot said:

Statendam

Strike two, but getting warmer.  The fountain/planter in the center of the room is the tell.  Each of the 4 S class vessels originally had one installed. Each was carved from a unique stone with unique detailing.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72