Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Wowzz !!A

!! I am stunned by you're reaction. Have you no compassion for your fellow posters?? How on earth do you think Doreen felt when she read your post, or don't you  even care??? Granted, we only virtually 'know' each other, but during this last eight months people have been posting differently and have used the forum for support. I, among others have posted on here during two bereavments and the support I recieved helped more than you know. I am both hurt and bewildered by your lack of empathty towards your fellow posters. On another thread you found it perfectly acceptable to tell us that you had your cheek cut open and accepted everyone's sympathies and  expressions of relief for your recovery. I don't know why you felt the need to vent in this hurtful way in reply to a reputation points post, but if you need to talk, you can always talk to us, it helps 

Avril

My thoughts exactly.Thank you Avril

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I was shocked by Wowzz response but I'm sure he is the only one on here who thinks that way.

Graham.

There have been a lot of replies to wowzz's original post, and I expected the usual come-back from him, but surprisingly so far, nothing. I know he can be a little caustic in his posts occasionally, but this has taken me completely by surprise. It seems so unlike him, and in all seriousness, I hope he's alright.

Avril

• Like 3

Oh dear wowzz you are in the doghouse over this, I trust this was a minor aberration brought on by lockdown fever, or similar. 

I do have to confess that I rarely make sympathetic responses to posts, except to perhaps someone who is a very regular poster with whom I have shared many comments.  However I suspect this is down to me being far more pathetic than empathetic.  Anyway I hope we can all forgive wowzz even if some still feel a little aggrieved.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Whenever I see such roadside "tributes", it makes me think something went for someone here, need to be extra careful.  Probably not the reason why people placed the tributes there, but they do have the effect of providing a form of warning to other road users, if they choose to take that information on board.

I never looked at it that way, but it's an interesting theory.

Avril

• Like 1

I only recently joined these P O discussions and must say that many people here have helped me through a recent bad time.

The only thing I will say is that the passing of parents although very sad is a normal thing has time passes, to loose a Child is not and I don't mean to offend anyone

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Oh dear wowzz you are in the doghouse over this, I trust this was a minor aberration brought on by lockdown fever, or similar. 

I do have to confess that I rarely make sympathetic responses to posts, except to perhaps someone who is a very regular poster with whom I have shared many comments.  However I suspect this is down to me being far more pathetic than empathetic.  Anyway I hope we can all forgive wowzz even if some still feel a little aggrieved.  

I would never have you down as miserably inadequate ...Only joking John, you're better than that :classic_smile:

I for one was saddened to read the post by Wowzz so I don't need to forgive him and if we did under 

last nights train of thought would it matter ? We are just "Cellophane wrapped words " that mean nothing .

Reading back through the posts I note someone picked up on "late night posts" maybe fuelled by a bottle or two.

Who knows but lets just show a little thought for people posting who may feel a little fragile, that's all I'm saying .

From what we know of Wowzz he would not have intentionally set out to hurt anyone ,

I don't see him as that kind of guy .We have many a laugh with him and valued information and long may it continue .:classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, kalos said:

I would never have you down as miserably inadequate ...Only joking John, you're better than that :classic_smile:

I for one was saddened to read the post by Wowzz so I don't need to forgive him and if we did under 

last nights train of thought would it matter ? We are just "Cellophane wrapped words " that mean nothing .

Reading back through the posts I note someone picked up on "late night posts" maybe fuelled by a bottle or two.

Who knows but lets just show a little thought for people posting who may feel a little fragile, that's all I'm saying .

From what we know of Wowzz he would not have intentionally set out to hurt anyone ,

I don't see him as that kind of guy .We have many a laugh with him and valued information and long may it continue .:classic_smile:

Spot on there,my Mrs goes ballistic if I pick up the computer after a few voddies,lol.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Spot on there,my Mrs goes ballistic if I pick up the computer after a few voddies,lol.

Yoosh canzz pwost zanything youzz like....:classic_unsure:    it's only a drink !

Just get the Mrs to Breathalyze you before you log on Brian :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

When I see this I always feel a little sadness that someone died there.

A couple of years ago one of my nice customers died when a coach pushed her car off the road on the A1058, A19 sliproad into Sunderland and the family have left a floral tribute there since the accident.

Graham.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kalos said:

I totally agree with you on that kalos, including the bevy or two. Maybe a potential second lockdown looming is affecting him more than he realises. I'm only guessing, but something's definitely not right with wowzz. I hope he's still reading these posts and knows that after our shocked responses to his unwowzzlike post we will still be here to understand, forgive and help him if needed.

Avril

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A lot of my American friends on the RC threads take posting numbers etc quite seriously.

I'm happy if I can contribute and pleased if it helps someone.

Graham.

I realised that when I used to post on the Princess board. Quite funny at times. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

DW and I are both from Putney in London. A local celebrity from our part of the world and of our generation was Mark Bolan. He was killed when his mini hit a tree in Barnes. 1977. When you drive past the crash site today there will be a few bunches of flowers. When we and others occasionally drive past do we think pointless false gesture, or poor old Mark, what a waste RIP old friend ?some the first, I guess most the latter. It does make you slow down for a while though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

DW and I are both from Putney in London. A local celebrity from our part of the world and of our generation was Mark Bolan. He was killed when his mini hit a tree in Barnes. 1977. When you drive past the crash site today there will be a few bunches of flowers. When we and others occasionally drive past do we think pointless false gesture, or poor old Mark, what a waste RIP old friend ?some the first, I guess most the latter. It does make you slow down for a while though.

T Rex, Mark Bolan? A very sad loss to his family and Music.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A lot of my American friends on the RC threads take posting numbers etc quite seriously.

There was a long thread of congratulations when a very helpful poster hit 100,000 post's.

I'm happy if I can contribute and pleased if it helps someone.

Graham.

I have been posting from 2011 and have only just passed 3k mark (which means nothing )

Some pass this mark  in months  of posting ,,, again ....................... (which means nothing )

They have posted more means nothing and I really don't care about points or  Badges .

People want to collect them fine but I gave up such hobbies when I was about eleven years old ! :classic_smile:

Points/ Badges !   ...  I'm with these guys !!   :classic_unsure::classic_smile::classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As a self confessed lurker on here I don't post very often but when I saw Brians post I felt it appropriate to comment and add my experience, I was not looking for sympathy. I am sorry it has offended anybody it was not intended. I thank you all who have responded with kind words I do appreciate it and yes it does help. I will now go back to being a lurker!

Doreen

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

T Rex, Mark Bolan? A very sad loss to his family and Music.

The very same. When he first started he was in an underground duo called Tyrannosaurus Rex and played at "Hippy places " then changed into T.Rex a glam rock band. His old dad used to drive his white RR for a while.

Edited by zap99
Punctuation
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A lot of Americans tend to be very competetive. I'm not at all interested in points tables and knew nothing about them until you happened to mention it a while ago during other discussions. I've never tried to find them, nor will I. I post because ,as you will have gathered by by now, I'm a chatterbox, or as my yorkshire husband likes to say, I'm a gob-a-lot🤣

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Grando said:

As a self confessed lurker on here I don't post very often but when I saw Brians post I felt it appropriate to comment and add my experience, I was not looking for sympathy. I am sorry it has offended anybody it was not intended. I thank you all who have responded with kind words I do appreciate it and yes it does help. I will now go back to being a lurker!

Doreen

So so sorry a poster has made you feel that way Doreen , goodness knows what he was thinking but 

I am almost sure that was never his intension of hurt or upset towards you .

Please keep posting and take care :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

A lot of Americans tend to be very competetive. I'm not at all interested in points tables and knew nothing about them until you happened to mention it a while ago during other discussions. I've never tried to find them, nor will I. I post because ,as you will have gathered by by now, I'm a chatterbox, or as my yorkshire husband likes to say, I'm a gob-a-lot🤣

Avril

I have been posting since 2008 and haven't reached 2000 yet. I have never looked at my reputation. I wonder, should I look. Nah, can't be bovvered.🤣

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Grando said:

Doreen

It was obvious from your post that you were not after sympathy Doreen - but I think you got lots from the lovely posters on here. Happy lurking........X

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grando said:

Doreen

Doreen, you have offended no-one on here, nor did we think for one moment that you were looking for sympathy. I for one am pleased to have been able to be of some help to you during this time. Go back to being a lurker if you must, but please post again when you feel you need to. Take care.

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Always good to read your posts Avril.

Pauline can talk for England while I am usually quiet unless talking holidays or football so probably why I post a lot.🤫😎

• Haha 2