Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The very same. When he first started he was in an underground duo called Tyrannosaurus Rex and played at "Hippy places " then changed into T.Rex a glam rock band. His old dad used to drive his white RR for a while.

Saw the long version at Barking Poly,us hippys weren't impressed with Ride a white swan,lol.

29 minutes ago, Grando said:

As a self confessed lurker on here I don't post very often but when I saw Brians post I felt it appropriate to comment and add my experience, I was not looking for sympathy. I am sorry it has offended anybody it was not intended. I thank you all who have responded with kind words I do appreciate it and yes it does help. I will now go back to being a lurker!

Doreen

You have offended no one and our sincere condolences again for your loss.

Please keep posting.

Best wishes always.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A lot of Americans tend to be very competetive. I'm not at all interested in points tables and knew nothing about them until you happened to mention it a while ago during other discussions. I've never tried to find them, nor will I. I post because ,as you will have gathered by by now, I'm a chatterbox, or as my yorkshire husband likes to say, I'm a gob-a-lot🤣

Avril

Yeah,that's my big sis,love it,bro.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A lot of Americans tend to be very competetive. I'm not at all interested in points tables and knew nothing about them until you happened to mention it a while ago during other discussions. I've never tried to find them, nor will I. I post because ,as you will have gathered by by now, I'm a chatterbox, or as my yorkshire husband likes to say, I'm a gob-a-lot🤣

Avril

I only became aware when an American friend on RC told me a couple of months ago.

They told me how to find it on cc so I could show others if the question was ever asked on a UK thread.

Graham.

53 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Saw the long version at Barking Poly,us hippys weren't impressed with Ride a white swan,lol.

After work, one of my Friday nights out was at a club called middle earth in covent garden. Full of hippies, one of the others was all nighters at the Lyseum in the strand. When I'm feeling particularly old, some of this old stuff is on U tube. I never liked the Glam Rock stuff, strangely, we saw Tyrannosaurus Rex at the 59 club. Full if Rockers, but they went down well😁

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck
  • Like 1

I think the best thing to do is move on from what people think of points and brighten 

the page up just like Graham did a few posts back .

It serves no purpose to posters like Doreen or even Wowzz should he be reading these posts .

Nothing to see here folks lets move on .

Going back a few posts ..Mark Bolan !   At one time I had hair like him :classic_smile:

🎶 Take A Look At Me Now 🎶.... More like Phil Collins :classic_unsure: 

Looking on the bright side I never get Shampoo sets for Christmas now :classic_smile:

I just had a phone call from one of my mates ,he's managed to get out of the house and told me he  was taking

the mick  out of a bloke with a ridiculous wig on today. He had the last laugh though. Sentenced him to 6 months.

I got a copy of world map out  and then gave Mrs Kalos  a dart and said, .....

“Throw this and wherever it lands—that’s where I’m taking you when this pandemic ends.”

Turns out, we’re spending two weeks behind the fridge.:classic_sad:
I never thought the comment “I wouldn’t go within  six-foot of them ” would become government  policy, ...

but here we are again !
Part 2 of Lockdown stay indoors at home and the dog is looking at me like,....

“See? This is why I chew the furniture!”

Whatever you have planned for tonight ..enjoy !
Me ???   Yeah, I have plans tonight. I’ll  be having a quite night in  again .:classic_smile:
Oh you as well .:classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

So so sorry a poster has made you feel that way Doreen , goodness knows what he was thinking but 

I am almost sure that was never his intension of hurt or upset towards you .

Please keep posting and take care :classic_smile:

I'm sure I have hacked off a few on here, but never intentionally set out to be spiteful, or to upset anyone. I doubt Doreen was looking for our sympathy, but she sure found out she has it. Love and kisses to her and please don't go away.❤️

Edited by zap99
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Having spent over 30yrs working in an emergency service and dealing with many deaths of people of all ages and most deaths unexpected you cannot help in having sympathy and empathy for the person that has "passed" and the family and friends left behind. Many, if not all, I didnt know at all until the sad day involved but you have to care and to console those around you because we all have a heart. I am sure those that leave flowers at sad incidents even if not people involved are not known to them do it for very good and the right reasons and not for any other reasons. I hope that Wowzz has second thoughts and regrets his post because I am sure if we are all honest never intend to post anything on here or any other social media intentionally to hurt or upset anyone and sometimes written words can some time be misconstrued.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure I have hacked off a few on here, but never intentionally set out to be spiteful, or to upset anyone. I doubt Doreen was looking for our sympathy, but she sure found out she has it. Love and kisses to her and please don't go away.❤️

Errmm, excuse me whoever you are, but what have you done with zap. and can we have him back please??😲

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Having spent over 30yrs working in an emergency service and dealing with many deaths of people of all ages and most deaths unexpected you cannot help in having sympathy and empathy for the person that has "passed" and the family and friends left behind. Many, if not all, I didnt know at all until the sad day involved but you have to care and to console those around you because we all have a heart. I am sure those that leave flowers at sad incidents even if not people involved are not known to them do it for very good and the right reasons and not for any other reasons. I hope that Wowzz has second thoughts and regrets his post because I am sure if we are all honest never intend to post anything on here or any other social media intentionally to hurt or upset anyone and sometimes written words can some time be misconstrued.

My brother was a staunch republican. Even he left flowers at Buck House when Diana passed. Sometimes people surprise you.🤔

• Like 1

Going back to the glam rock bit, I have never seen a glam rock band live, but do I get any credit for watching Boney M. Sadly, when we go on a cruise, we always sing Holiday by Boney M, 😎 coming back we always sing Gotta go home by Boney M😒.

19 minutes ago, moonstone01 said:

Going back to the glam rock bit, I have never seen a glam rock band live, but do I get any credit for watching Boney M. Sadly, when we go on a cruise, we always sing Holiday by Boney M, 😎 coming back we always sing Gotta go home by Boney M😒.

We used to go to see a Glam tribute band called 'Cupid Stunt'.. 

They were hilarious. 

Andy 

46 minutes ago, moonstone01 said:

About 10 years ago I was coming back from a European Standards meeting in Milan ( oh what an exciting life I led ). Boney M were on the plane. I was quite hyped up. Later I found that anyone and everyone who had ever Been in left, or were sacked started another band called Boney M. Must have been about 14 of them.

• Like 1

In the 70s, my English cousins from Bristol would visit us every summer. Sarah is the same age as me and around 1975 she bought me a HUGE poster of Marc Bolan as a gift. Now I was into Donny Osmond but I put up the Bolan poster on my bedroom wall to please Sarah and then removed it after they left. When he died I found the poster at the bottom of my wardrobe and kept it for years. Didn’t like his music though!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Glam Rock was my era and saw Slade and David Bowie live in the 70s and still a great fan especially David Bowie. Also saw Sensational Alex Harvey Band as support for Slade and been a fan of their music ever since.

Alex Harvey's Brother, Leslie was the guitarist in my favourite band. Stone the crows. Unfortunately he electrocuted himself warming up on stage. Sad old world. Just think, some of these old bands could still be going.

57 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Glam Rock was my era and saw Slade and David Bowie live in the 70s and still a great fan especially David Bowie. Also saw Sensational Alex Harvey Band as support for Slade and been a fan of their music ever since.

First band I saw live was Led Zeppelin at Locarno Sunderland in 1971.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I was a Slade fan, but never saw them live