Port Everglades (FLL) - no longer a choice

cellfree

I booked a February 2022 Freedom cruise out of Port Everglades last week. 15 hours later Carnival emailed me it had been changed to Miami. Unfortunate, as I much prefer Ft. Lauderdale. But not a deal breaker.

I do hope they return to Ft. Lauderdale in the future though.

Edited by Earthworm Jim
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, cellfree said:

Is Port Everglades no longer a choice of Port for any Carnival Ships ever? Perhaps I missed reading something about this. 

22 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Carnival Corporation still uses it though, just not for Carnival Cruise Line right now.

Princess and Holland America in 2021 have about 10 ships between them that will be embarking out of FLL.

Carnival said a few weeks ago they were limited starting cruising again from just Miami and Port Canaveral. Fortunately, our booked Feb. cruise is out of Port Canaveral. However, I do see cruises available out of many other Carnival home ports, so not sure about what they said a few weeks ago.

19 hours ago, Djptcp said:

Carnival said a few weeks ago they were limited starting cruising again from just Miami and Port Canaveral. Fortunately, our booked Feb. cruise is out of Port Canaveral. However, I do see cruises available out of many other Carnival home ports, so not sure about what they said a few weeks ago.

But even after Carnival starts cruising from "the rest of the US" they have also indicated they have withdrawn from FLL for the time being - that's why FLL is grayed out as a departure port.  CCL wants to consolidate a bit, I suspect, and leaving FLL is one path.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 4:01 PM, JerseyGirlJen said:

I love cruising out of FLL, it has the perfect cruise kinda vibe to me. I like that it's not a "city" like Miami, there's tons of shops and restaurants near 17th street hotels.  It just feels relaxing. 🌴🛳️☀️🍹

I'm a big fan of Fort Lauderdale in general and avoid Miami whenever possible.  As you said, there's plenty there and you can't go wrong. 

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

I'm a big fan of Fort Lauderdale in general and avoid Miami whenever possible.  As you said, there's plenty there and you can't go wrong. 

I totally agree.  Will finally (after 9 months) will be getting down to our FLL condo now that NY has loosened their quarantine restrictions.  Will be kinda sad driving past Port Everglades and not seeing any cruise ships.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 12:31 PM, BeachDiva101 said:

I like FLL better than Miami.  Does anyone know what the construction is going to do for the port?  Is it going to just fix and update what’s already there or are they expanding and making the port bigger and redoing it completely?

As I sit at berth #3 in PEV, it looks like the construction is a large new parking structure behind terminals #1,2, and 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1