Oh, no! All May 2021 Celebrity Summit Cruises Disappeared

goldsmip115

2 hours ago, jobryan56 said:

Just checked dreamvacations.com and the Bermuda sailings for May 2021 are listed. May 6, 15, and 25. One 9- night cruise and two 10- night cruises. However these dates aren’t listed on Celebrity’s website, only June and July. Very weird. I’m guessing either a glitch or they’re planning something else. If it’s a change in schedule they’ll keep you informed and give you the opportunity to change it or receive a refund. Hope it works out!

I received a promotional email from a large TA this morning & the May 6 Summit cruise was one of the featured cruises.  However when I attempted to book it there was a message that the sailing was not a available  to book. 

I am the OP.  My TA talked to her Celebrity rep.  The rep had no answers.  She said it could be that all 3 sailings in May sold out in one day.  Yeah, right!  She said it could also be an IT problem.  Well, that figures.  I suspect it is not.  She has no other information but said as far as she knows these sailings are still a go.  Yeah, right.

19 hours ago, marieps said:

I am on the June 13th cruise.   Not sure I'll want to take it if NYC is not recovered enough to be welcoming, and if Bermuda/X will keep us in a bubble.  I'm supposed to be on Equinox right now. Ugh.

Welcoming..you jest! NY has some of the strictest rules for travel and return. Not  very welcoming anyone who wants to leave or arrive!

Friends recently went out of state. Upon flying back into NY state at our local airport,, under the new rules they were stood over by Natl guard troops while they filled out the required  health forms.  If you do not fill out the form you get a fine.

With only a   few nearby states being exceptions, upon return you must show a neg test result.    If you do not have proof of a  neg test taken  within 3 days before  leaving to NY, it's a mandatory  2 week quarantine.  Health Dept called our friends every day to make sure they were in compliance.  Heard there is a $2,000 fine if you break the rules of quarantine.

If you do have the  3 day neg pre test, you also need a neg post arrival test within 4 days.  We have  heard that folks driving into the state are less likely to be tracked...

This is not a welcoming place right now!

Hopefully rules will be relaxed into 2021..  not everyone wants a test or can get one,

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

Welcoming..you jest! NY has some of the strictest rules for travel and return. Not  very welcoming anyone who wants to leave or arrive!

Friends recently went out of state. Upon flying back into NY state at our local airport,, under the new rules they were stood over by Natl guard troops while they filled out the required  health forms.  If you do not fill out the form you get a fine.

With only a   few nearby states being exceptions, upon return you must show a neg test result.    If you do not have proof of a  neg test taken  within 3 days before  leaving to NY, it's a mandatory  2 week quarantine.  Health Dept called our friends every day to make sure they were in compliance.  Heard there is a $2,000 fine if you break the rules of quarantine.

If you do have the  3 day neg pre test, you also need a neg post arrival test within 4 days.  We have  heard that folks driving into the state are less likely to be tracked...

This is not a welcoming place right now!

Hopefully rules will be relaxed into 2021..  not everyone wants a test or can get one,

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I received a promotional email from a large TA this morning & the May 6 Summit cruise was one of the featured cruises.  However when I attempted to book it there was a message that the sailing was not a available  to book. 

Well in my Celebrity account, both my May 2021 TA 1st, Europe 15th) still show in my account.  Just for kicks and giggles though, went to the May 1 TA, and while it looks like one can book it, clicking the retreat category, it will let one book it, but it also says, your cabin will be assigned prior to departure.

These situations are common with Celebrity.   Sailings are taken offline for "inventory maintenance".   Sometimes they come back, sometimes they result in charter, redeployment, drydock etc.  There will be nobody customer facing that even probably knows.

About 3 months ago our March 29, 2021 Connie sailing went missing for a couple of months, came back for a few weeks, then went missing again for a few weeks.  

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Well in my Celebrity account, both my May 2021 TA 1st, Europe 15th) still show in my account.  Just for kicks and giggles though, went to the May 1 TA, and while it looks like one can book it, clicking the retreat category, it will let one book it, but it also says, your cabin will be assigned prior to departure.

It's not just the suites that are waitlisted. Every category on your sailing is waitlisted too.

2 hours ago, marieps said:

I figured as much.  My February 26th Connie cruise has also disappeared from my X account, although it's still for sale on the website.  

Think everyone needs to simply wait for a few weeks.  The only thing we do know is January will either have no cruising if COVID doesn't slow a bunch or will have some short cruises.  No idea where.  February will have nothing longer than 7 days.  No idea beyond that except I cannot see how a TA or TP could happen with passengers if the CDC guidelines become rules.  The CDC points that make it difficult are 7 day limit and ports required to take any ill passengers to their facilities.  The Azores, for example, has limited ICU care available.

Celebrity and the rest are watching and hoping for a vaccine.  Understand many would cruise tomorrow and many others would not.  Without a vaccine with case counts huge do you think a good idea for Celebrity or others to take the risk of multiple infections?

7 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

The first one of June 4 is gone too and it was also nine nights. The only remaining cruises are 7 nights so my guess is they’re preparing for CDC restricting to no more 7 night cruises or less. 

This is the one I am booked on.

Laura

We're thinking of booking the 9 day Bermuda cruise on the Summit on June 4, 2021.  Surprised to see it's off the Celebrity website and a big box site I use sometimes.   I'm on the CC roll call for that cruise and they haven't heard anything from Celebrity so they don't know what's going on either with their cruise.

Based upon all inclusive rates and new options being introduced I assume that they are just changing prices accordingly and the cruises will appear on the website again once the pricing has changed.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting to hear whether or not you are cruising or not.   That is not a sarcastic comment, I truly mean I wish you well and hope that you are on your upcoming cruises.

I called X today and they told me the 3 in May and first one in June are all sold out. Funny, they were all available to book just a few days ago. I asked if it’s because they will only be able to do 7 nights, no response. Then why only are the 9 and 10 days sold out? Again no response. Hmmmmm too. 

2 hours ago, Welland said:

Based upon all inclusive rates and new options being introduced I assume that they are just changing prices accordingly and the cruises will appear on the website again once the pricing has changed.

They bulk load price changes in the matter of minutes.   Remember they do this every couple of weeks with promo changes.   You just won't know until you know.  Nobody at Celebrity is going to tell you even if they know.