Oh, no! All May 2021 Celebrity Summit Cruises Disappeared

goldsmip115

I am booked on the 10 night Summit out of Bayonne.  There were 3 -10 night cruises available in May.  Today they are all gone and there are NO Summit cruises available anywhere for May.  And, Celebrity says I cannot have access to my online account right now.  Does anybody have any idea of what is happening?

@goldsmip115

I just looked as well and when filtering to just Summit cruises - May doesn't even show on the filter list - It seems like the last cruise is April 24 and the first resuming cruise is June 13

It makes me think they've had something come up which requires a dry dock that or Bayonne (or Canada) is not reopening (although I haven't heard anything) or not allowing ships the size of Summit and it's beyond when the Summit can stay in PR.

That would be my thought as to why it could disappear for about 5-6 weeks

I'm also booked on a 10-night on the Summit in May.  My guess is they won't be allowed to be doing 10-nights by then.  And/or Bermuda isn't allowing ships by then--this cruise involves 2 overnights in Bermuda.  I won't be taking this cruise if we're not allowed to get off the ship in Bermuda and do what we want to do.  I don't need a Celebrity excursion in Bermuda.  I want to hop on the ferry and go to St. George's.  So I suspect this cruise is toast for me.

2 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I'm also booked on a 10-night on the Summit in May.  My guess is they won't be allowed to be doing 10-nights by then.  And/or Bermuda isn't allowing ships by then--this cruise involves 2 overnights in Bermuda.  I won't be taking this cruise if we're not allowed to get off the ship in Bermuda and do what we want to do.  I don't need a Celebrity excursion in Bermuda.  I want to hop on the ferry and go to St. George's.  So I suspect this cruise is toast for me.

We are in the same situation -- booked the on the (maybe) 10 night cruise scheduled to leave 15 May.  There have been reports that only cruises of 7 days, or less, would initially be allowed.

Have not heard anything "official" from Celebrity, nor my travel agent.

NRayH

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Our sailing has 3 overnights in Bermuda, so your guess that 10 night cruises won’t be allowed is probably correct.

Now I'm wondering if any of the TA's in 2021 will actually sail because they’re all 14 or more nights.

I was looking at the 9 & 10 night cruises to Bermuda last night.  Then in a moment of clarity I though:

1  do  I think   cruises over 7 days  will be allowed by May -no

2  do I think the Summit will be sailing in May - 50/50

3  coming from Texas where COVID is going crazy will we be able to go to NY/NJ without quarantining - anyones guess

4  am I willing to do ships excursions in Bermuda & Charleston if necessary -no

5  does it make sense to tie up more money in deposits in addition to the $4K already out and $6K in FCC- NO

Needless to say I didn't book.

44 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Our sailing has 3 overnights in Bermuda, so your guess that 10 night cruises won’t be allowed is probably correct.

Now I'm wondering if any of the TA's in 2021 will actually sail because they’re all 14 or more nights.

I still have a two week sailing booked with Princess from the US and it is still showing as available for booking.  I don't believe it will be allowed.  Just looking at all the sailings that are booked from US ports that are over 7 days indicates to me that the cruiselines will be entering a logistical nightmare with all the changes they will need to make.  There are a few ships that normally do shorter sailings 3-5 days ... those might happen.  And those that do 7 night sailings may still happen but, I can only see a lot of hard work and stress in reassigning and canceling all those 2021 bookings that don't meet the criteria set by the CDC.  

21 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

There are a few ships that normally do shorter sailings 3-5 days ... those might happen. 

In Celebrity's case that is Infinity which is still off the coast of Greece where I believe it will stay.  I guess if they wanted to restart those sailings they could just substitute the Summit as it is close to Miami.   With reduced capacity I believe they are going to need to cancel everything and then open new sailings using the newer more efficient ships like Apex/Edge.  I'm coming to the conclusion that there may not be anything beyond that this Caribbean season.   Of course if they can add more ships they may keep more in the Caribbean this summer as people are going to be hesitant to fly internationally even if is allowed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

In Celebrity's case that is Infinity which is still off the coast of Greece where I believe it will stay.  I guess if they wanted to restart those sailings they could just substitute the Summit as it is close to Miami.   With reduced capacity I believe they are going to need to cancel everything and then open new sailings using the newer more efficient ships like Apex/Edge.  I'm coming to the conclusion that there may not be anything beyond that this Caribbean season.   Of course if they can add more ships they may keep more in the Caribbean this summer as people are going to be hesitant to fly internationally even if is allowed.

I could also see west coast US cruises also, provided they can still make a stop in Mexico (and I'm hoping Canada or else Alaska cruises are toast!).  I think at some point I read that some cruise lines (I want to say RCI but not 100% sure) were going to consider shorter Caribbean as well as west coast cruises.  

Based on your report, I just checked if our 14 nights cruises of May 2021, out of Southampton was still offered.... and it is, at least at this time.

So, if the reason to remove Summit cruise was the duration, it would have made sense to remove ours too. There may be a different explanation regarding Summit cruises.

I understand that the likelihood for our cruise to actually sail is remote and that it may just be a matter of time before it disappears from the website; however, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Still hoping. 

4 hours ago, cachouonacruise said:

Based on your report, I just checked if our 14 nights cruises of May 2021, out of Southampton was still offered.... and it is, at least at this time.

So, if the reason to remove Summit cruise was the duration, it would have made sense to remove ours too. There may be a different explanation regarding Summit cruises.

Southampton won’t be governed by CDC ruling, which is for ships sailing in US waters.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

I think many are deluded about when "initially" actually will be, 2022 at the earliest I think.

Maybe you're correct.  If that is the case, then the cruise industry will no longer exist as you know it.   I hope you haven't made many deposits or have many FCCs.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

17 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

I am booked on the 10 night Summit out of Bayonne.  There were 3 -10 night cruises available in May.  Today they are all gone and there are NO Summit cruises available anywhere for May.  And, Celebrity says I cannot have access to my online account right now.  Does anybody have any idea of what is happening?

It happened to us once- pre covid on the summit.  We had a cruise booked in August a couple of years ago and found out a few months before it was chartered !   Perhaps the ship has been chartered.  But who knows.  In this environment things change.  Some ships might be moved.  Consider other options for back up.  Royal has a couple of ships sailing from Bayonne which actually might work for you.  We are sailing, maybe, on the Oasis of the Seas, May 23, 2021- assuming Covid is under control.

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Our April 2021 Transatlantic on the Reflection has disappeared from the X website and other 3rd party sites. Hoping it’s a glitch. 

Surely 7 night cruises would rule out all TA's even if cruising were to return?

Just checked dreamvacations.com and the Bermuda sailings for May 2021 are listed. May 6, 15, and 25. One 9- night cruise and two 10- night cruises. However these dates aren’t listed on Celebrity’s website, only June and July. Very weird. I’m guessing either a glitch or they’re planning something else. If it’s a change in schedule they’ll keep you informed and give you the opportunity to change it or receive a refund. Hope it works out!

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

Our April 2021 Transatlantic on the Reflection has disappeared from the X website and other 3rd party sites. Hoping it’s a glitch. 

will the crossing be empty?  will the itineraries in Europe be canceled?