Resident and senior rates

LadyBerard

22 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

I don't know if this has been  mentioned in any other thread, but there will no longer be resident and senior rates.  However, Celebrity will still have military rates.

Don't know the source of your information--it may be true for Celebrity--but you will note below that sister line Royal Caribbean is apparently still offering resident rates.  I live nine miles south of Port Everglades/19 miles north of Port Miami; following is extracted from an e-mail I received from the Crown & Anchor Society yesterday morning. 

PLAN A CRUISE    |    CRUISE DEALS 
http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/1/ROY_spacer.gif
SAVE UP TO $350
http://image.royalcaribbeanmarketing.com/lib/fe9415737666017570/m/1/ROY_spacer.gif
Take advantage of deals for an adventure you’ll never forget — right
from your backyard. Enjoy exclusive resident rates for a limited time
on sailings departing near you.

To view your exclusive rates, just enter your state of residency before
selecting your stateroom.
START PLANNING
CLOSE-TO-HOME GETAWAYS - LET'S GO

3 hours ago, Xport said:

Don't know the source of your information--it may be true for Celebrity

Of course it is for Celebrity Cruises only, because Celebrity is now changing their pricing structure by introducing "Always Included" Fare. Royal Caribbean does not have changes on this.

The FAQs from Celebrity Cruises have mentioned about the termination of Senior Rates and Resident Rates.

image.thumb.png.b4d45802a86419c1ff3ce7d0faa0f6fb.png

I don't understand what the big deal was about the Senior or Resident rate. As I understood it, those rates were only good if you weren't getting another package or discount like booking after final payment without any perks.

So if you book now after final payment, you don't get the always included package and also don't get the senior/resident discount.  Is that correct?

Senior and Resident rates were good for us when booking a Royal Suite or higher since the premium beverage package and WIFI are suite amenities. We've never booked a cruise after final payment because we could not find a suite we wanted. Going forward, that could change.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I don't understand what the big deal was about the Senior or Resident rate. As I understood it, those rates were only good if you weren't getting another package or discount like booking after final payment without any perks.

So if you book now after final payment, you don't get the always included package and also don't get the senior/resident discount.  Is that correct?

Sorry duplicate

Edited by verizon

3 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Senior and Resident rates are just part of their basket of marketing tools.  May be gone today but could resurface in future if bookings slow.

Resident rates, maybe, but given the general direction in which Celebrity is heading, I doubt that they'll revive Senior rates.

8 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

You are incorrect, but it IS confusing at first.  The goal is supposedly simplifying pricing, but it will require everyone to retrain their way of thinking.

The "Always Included" rates will be available for ALL bookings regardless of when you book, and will apply to all room categories until the category or sailing sells out.  Bookings made outside of penalties (typically 90+ days before departure) will have the option of booking with a refundable deposit, or getting a small discount if you accept booking with a non-refundable deposit.  The base fare will then have two upcharge options of either $30pp/day (Elevate) or $60pp/day (Indulge) to get enhanced benefits and is the same regardless of deposit type or when you book and applies evenly to all guests in the room if chosen.

What will also be available within 90 days of sailing will be an ADDITIONAL fare option called "Simply Sail".  Simply Sail will be a room only rate, for select sailings, in select categories (and may be restricted to category guarantees only).  The list of Simply Sail sailings will change each week, and some sailings or room types may never appear on the list.  The intent of Simply Sail is to replace discounted fares like Senior, Resident and Exciting Deals with one new fare offering.

Standard penalties will still apply within 90 days on ALL bookings regardless of fare types

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Thanks for this explanation of the choices. Well organized.

Seems to be like before..just  new names for the Category  enhancements..

Now if they could just make it safe!

The biggest difference is that there is no "always available" room only rate for all bookings/category types below suites like there has been in past.  Unless you wait and see if your preferred sailing and or room type has a "Simply Sail" fare offered at some point within 90 days prior to departure (which it may not), then everyone who books a Celebrity Cruise starting 11/17 and after will receive Classic Drink Package, Tips and Surf Wifi included in their lowest fare bucket.  I think that's what's chafing folks the most.  The perception (and rightfully so) that they are being forced to pay for inclusions they may not want or value if they choose to book in advance and sail with Celebrity.

I have a feeling this fare structure may not last long before the "Simply Sail" room only fare code becomes available for advance bookings as a category guarantee only, much like NCL does with their Sailaway fares.  With NCL, Princess and HAL all offering perk inclusive fares and also room only fares Celebrity will be uncompetitive in their peer group.  As much as they may want to position themselves as a "Luxury" brand, they are nothing more than Premium Mainstream.

• Like 2