Edge 2022 cruise cancelled - YES 2022

sandancer

Email tonight cancelling our APRIL 2022 cruise. It’s the CDC to blame and absolute nothing to do with the fact that we already have the perks included in our cruise fare that we will have to pay for with Always Included. 

We are pleased to advise that the Celebrity Silhouette® will be sailing very similar 10 and 11-night Southern Caribbean itineraries between November 12th, 2021 and April 8th, 2022.  You will have the option to rebook on one of these dates or any other Caribbean voyage in 2021/22, departing between October 2021 and April 2022, at prevailing rates. 

13 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Email tonight cancelling our APRIL 2022 cruise. It’s the CDC to blame and absolute nothing to do with the fact that we already have the perks included in our cruise fare that we will have to pay for with Always Included.

Can’t keep up with you!

I just replied in the other thread regarding our 4/19/21 cruise, which is probably in jeopardy too. Got the notice that you had replied over here, and I think we just have to play the waiting game with all of our long cruises or B2Bs.

Not surprised about the Silhouette cruise. South America looks pretty rough for the foreseeable future. Heck, I’d be lying if I left out the fact that if we had a new therapeutic ready for distribution  today, it’d months or years before we got back to normal. Things are bad enough in the developed world, where there’s more infrastructure.

Cheers,

Larry

Edited by docruth

All Edge cruises OVER 7 DAYS have been cancelled.  My 11 night January 24, 2022 ABC Island cruise has been cancelled.  Here is the STRANGE PART.  They have added an 11 night January 24, 2022  AC(no B) cruise on Silhouette.  Same cruise except no Bonaire.  I asked about Shifting to the new Silhouette cruise but was told I had to cancel and rebook at PREVAILING RATES.  For me that means instead of $4,499 per person for a Sky Suite it would be $6,073 per person for a Sky Suite. That is an additional $3,148 for two people on a ship that X considers to be a downgrade. Personally I like S Class just as much as E Class. Strangely, I could have done a L&S from January 2021 to January 2022, but not simply changing the name of the ship for a cruise that was booked back in May. 

I have been on hold for 35 minutes trying to talk to someone at X.  Well it took 45 minutes and I just spoke to an X Rep who confirmed no shifting with any Price Protection on these cruise that are being Redeployed.  I inquired about escalating and was told there is no escalating on this issue since it was an RCG decision across the entire fleet - No 1 offs at all.  She took my Reservation # and name and said she would pass along my comments and concerns. 

Who knows, maybe saner heads will prevail and exceptions made for cruises where the only change is from 1 ship to another ship.  It seems to me that it is the same as booking a flight and the airline changes equipment but is still flying the same route.  I may have to change seats, but they don't make me pay more since they are the ones who changed the type of aircraft flying the route.

Happy Sailing to anyone still booked on cruises whenever they start again.

Edited by RICCruisers

35 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

All Edge cruises OVER 7 DAYS have been cancelled.  My 11 night January 24, 2022 ABC Island cruise has been cancelled.  Here is the STRANGE PART.  They have added an 11 night January 24, 2022  AC(no B) cruise on Silhouette.  Same cruise except no Bonaire.  I asked about Shifting to the new Silhouette cruise but was told I had to cancel and rebook at PREVAILING RATES.  For me that means instead of $4,499 per person for a Sky Suite it would be $6,073 per person for a Sky Suite. That is an additional $3,148 for two people on a ship that X considers to be a downgrade. Personally I like S Class just as much as E Class. Strangely, I could have done a L&S from January 2021 to January 2022, but not simply changing the name of the ship for a cruise that was booked back in May. 

I have been on hold for 35 minutes trying to talk to someone at X.  Well it took 45 minutes and I just spoke to an X Rep who confirmed no shifting with any Price Protection on these cruise that are being Redeployed.  I inquired about escalating and was told there is no escalating on this issue since it was an RCG decision across the entire fleet - No 1 offs at all.  She took my Reservation # and name and said she would pass along my comments and concerns. 

Who knows, maybe saner heads will prevail and exceptions made for cruises where the only change is from 1 ship to another ship.  It seems to me that it is the same as booking a flight and the airline changes equipment but is still flying the same route.  I may have to change seats, but they don't make me pay more since they are the ones who changed the type of aircraft flying the route.

Do we wonder why EDGE cruises over 7 days have been cancelled, but I can take the exact same cruise on Silhouette for the original 10 days?  And... my cancelled EDGE cruise still shows available for booking online.  Way to go, Celebrity IT, as usual.

I realize that we have to change cabins since it's not the same class of ship, but agree totally that those of us with 4 perks that booked a long time ago, should be able to move our perks straight across instead of having them cancel our EDGE cruise and having to rebook at prevailing rates.  Doesn't make any sense.

20 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Here is the good news for our January 24, 2022 cruise.  Saner heads have prevailed at Celebrity.  You can now make the change to Silhouette for this cruise and keep your pricing and perks.  It took some time, but I guess they figured it was the right thing to do.  Thank you Celebrity.  It is not Edge, but it is on a Revolutionized ship - Silhouette.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Here is the good news for our January 24, 2022 cruise.  Saner heads have prevailed at Celebrity.  You can now make the change to Silhouette for this cruise and keep your pricing and perks.  It took some time, but I guess they figured it was the right thing to do.  Thank you Celebrity.  It is not Edge, but it is on a Revolutionized ship - Silhouette.

That is good news!   Hopefully, that shows that they still want to be reasonable.  Hopefully, they will deal with others as fairly as they dealt with you.  

On 11/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, sandancer said:

We are pleased to advise that the Celebrity Silhouette® will be sailing very similar 10 and 11-night Southern Caribbean itineraries between November 12th, 2021 and April 8th, 2022.  You will have the option to rebook on one of these dates or any other Caribbean voyage in 2021/22, departing between October 2021 and April 2022, at prevailing rates. 

I do not believe this has anything to do with the CDC. Edge was supposed to be doing an In and Out of the Canal and they have cancelled all of them. No substitutions. My belief is that they cancelled them as a cost-cutting move because it is extremely expensive to go through the new locks. Especially twice in one day. 

This really doesn't have anything to do with the length of the cruises as the others mentioned are the same length. When I called about ours I was told (as the letter they sent us stated) that replacement cruises on Silly or Millie would be at the "prevailing prices" and not what we had booked. Those cruises (which are the same number of nights) are about $1000 more even with the perks figured in.

Jim

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

I was told you can't less than an hour ago. Did management forget to inform the people on the phones?

I called and changed our Edge 10 nt Caribbean from 1/4/21 to the Silhouette, same date and exactly the same ports.  It was quite the experience... took over an hour, with at least 45 minutes of that on hold.  Rep came back once or twice saying her computer wouldn't work correctly... lol.  She did not seem to have any idea what she was doing.

Finally said we could keep our original 4 perks and also get the $200 addition veranda obc specified in the email.  Also kept the same price we originally paid, even though when I priced the same cabin online, it was $600 CHEAPER to just take the Always Included price.  

On the off chance that she was correct, I figured it was best to just leave it on the same reservation number as original cruise and utilize the Premium drinks that we originally had, as well as the $300 obc that was included in the 4 perks we had.  Will keep an eye out and see if price drops between now and then.

Will be very interesting to see how it all prices out when we get the new invoice... which she said will come in 7-10 days.  We're fine either way but totally doubt that we'll keep the 4 perks AND get the additional $200 obc.

23 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

I was told you can't less than an hour ago. Did management forget to inform the people on the phones?

It seems to be a bit of a communication issue with X. Not everyone has received the updated information. It may not be for all cruises. Ours was identical with one exception. They are doing an overnight in Curaçao instead of a day in Bonaire. I’d suggest another call to X. In know Captains Club reps don’t have the new information as of 4 hours ago, but may by now. 

We used Costco to book the Edge Jan ABC. Called Costco told them I "heard" that I could move to Silhouette keep my price and perks. Costco agent called and got it done. Same cabin class would have been $500 more with less perks so I'm okay. Was looking forward to trying E class, but like S class. Thanks RICCruisers for doing the leg work! 

5 minutes ago, tevea100 said:

We used Costco to book the Edge Jan ABC. Called Costco told them I "heard" that I could move to Silhouette keep my price and perks. Costco agent called and got it done. Same cabin class would have been $500 more with less perks so I'm okay. Was looking forward to trying E class, but like S class. Thanks RICCruisers for doing the leg work! 

You’re welcome, but I have to thank my DW who heard this from a nice lady in the UK on Facebook. We all need to work together in order to keep the staff at Celebrity up to date on new policies. I guess Cruise Critic is faster than their internal communications sometimes. 

3 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

So the email we received yesterday was incorrect and we could have kept the original cost and the perks. Too late was the cry. I wonder how many people called to cancel, which is what we did. This is really not acceptable. 

We got an email from our Big Box Store late yesterday afternoon regarding our 2/04/22 Edge cruise. We discussed it last night and I called them this morning. They were able to get through to Celebrity within a 1/2 hour and we were successfully transferred to the Silhouette. We kept the same reservation number, the same ports and a Sunset Veranda. We upgraded to the Elevate package and are paying about $100 less. Sure, we are disappointed that we won't be on the Edge, but we do like the S class ships and we are hopeful that we will get to sail.

A better outcome than our Boston - San Juan canceled cruise.

Edited by scrapcreator
  • Like 1

I have had 3 cruises canceled with X since I started cruising with them and that was because X decided to turn them over to a Charter.  

Also had cruises shortened due to them chartering the ship for a few days.   None of them were after final payment  it  is still disappointing as all the other arrangements and plans had to be changed.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

6 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Thanks to someone's post earlier today, I phoned Celebrity and the girl apologized and booked me into the Silhouette with the same price and benefits.

Kudos to Celebrity for doing the right thing!

• Like 2

I’ ve learned  over the years and after cancellations, ship changes, big itinerary changes not to take a quick action.   Hard as it was to have another 3 cruises axed (2 Infinity & 1 Edge) yesterday I explored options, X and other lines, and had decided to wait a few days to see what happened.  
So it looks like the Edge to Silhouette can be transferred protecting price and perks😊.  
There are some gaps in the Infinity Europe schedule so may be able to salvage that B2B.🤞. The 3rd is lost and I get the refund.  Just hoping to get enough sailings to be able to use our 3 FCCs and visit the Martini Bar.

• Like 1