New York to New York

Munga 6

Has anyone taken the Oceania Insignia cruise in July for 46 days? We are looking at the Owner's Suite but the only cabin left is 6088. Is this a good cabin? Will we have a lot of engine noise? I also find it interesting that with the length of this cruise we only receive one liquor setup??

Ok thanks for any info.

6 hours ago, Munga 6 said:

Has anyone taken the Oceania Insignia cruise in July for 46 days? We are looking at the Owner's Suite but the only cabin left is 6088. Is this a good cabin? Will we have a lot of engine noise? I also find it interesting that with the length of this cruise we only receive one liquor setup??

Ok thanks for any info.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

10 hours ago, Munga 6 said:

Ok thanks for any info.

I would suggest that you contact one of the travel agencies recommended by Oceania.  They should know the best way to book this for you and get your answer to the liquor setups.  I would think you would get a setup for each leg of the cruise but I think the travel agent would know for sure.  Again, I wouldn't necessarily use your regular agency, use one of the Oceania recommended ones.  By the way, I only see a 53 day Insignia leaving on July 30.

10 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Please keep in mind that as far as we can tell from the deck plans, the Grand Dining Room and possibly their kitchen is directly below you.  In our experience, you don't book above or below a pool, restaurant or lounge.

You will not hear  anything from the dining room  at least we have not but were a bit more  forward  in 6084

Maybe some vibration from the  the thrusters

We were in 6090 for six months on Insignia and 6093 for 10 days on sister ship Nautica.  Never heard a peep out of the dining room.  As with any aft cabin, there were vibrations, but nothing that was particularly noticeable.  On Insignia, we had issues with fumes inside 6090 — quite bad at times.  We knew the people who were in 6088 and spoke with them about it and they did not experience the fumes like we did.  No problems with fumes in 6093 in Nautica.  I'd jump on any of the aft cabins, except for the ones on deck 8 since the Terrace Café is above them.

50 minutes ago, Munga 6 said:

yes 2022. Just curious if others have taken this cruise in 2019 or earlier, and had this cabin

I believe this is  a new route  but I am sure many people have been in that cabin over the years

😉

26 minutes ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Isn’t there a good summation of all the cabins on R Class ships somewhere on the Azamara board? If so, does anyone have the link? That would help the OP.

Yes it is on the Azamara  forum

also check "cruisedeckplans"  it may have some info

1 hour ago, DeanoNorthPerth said:

Isn’t there a good summation of all the cabins on R Class ships somewhere on the Azamara board? If so, does anyone have the link? That would help the OP.

The thread is the second one right at the top of the Azamara board. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2020 at 9:07 AM, Daniel A said:

I would suggest that you contact one of the travel agencies recommended by Oceania.  They should know the best way to book this for you and get your answer to the liquor setups.  I would think you would get a setup for each leg of the cruise but I think the travel agent would know for sure.  Again, I wouldn't necessarily use your regular agency, use one of the Oceania recommended ones.  By the way, I only see a 53 day Insignia leaving on July 30.

Where does one find a list of the recommended agencies?

Hank

35 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Where does one find a list of the recommended agencies?

Hank

Your could start here:  https://www.oceaniacruises.com/find-agent/

It not a very convenient search site, and the results could be all over the country, so you could try  East Coast ZIP Codes, West Coast Zip codes, if you're comfortable with dealing with an agency not nearby.

In any event you want an agency that is a member of the Oceania Cruise Connoisseur Club.

2 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Your could start here:  https://www.oceaniacruises.com/find-agent/

It not a very convenient search site, and the results could be all over the country, so you could try  East Coast ZIP Codes, West Coast Zip codes, if you're comfortable with dealing with an agency not nearby.

In any event you want an agency that is a member of the Oceania Cruise Connoisseur Club.

Hank-

This answer just said everything I was going to say.  I agree with inserting different zip codes into their search engine.  Different zips will produce different results.  Many are internet based now and you won't need a local brick and mortar to get the best perks.

35 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Hank-

This answer just said everything I was going to say.  I agree with inserting different zip codes into their search engine.  Different zips will produce different results.  Many are internet based now and you won't need a local brick and mortar to get the best perks.

Interesting.  We book a lot of cruises (try to cruise 100 days a year) and have our own short list of favorite cruise agencies, all of which give very good deals when compared to cruise lines.  All of those agencies are in that O data base...but we are not surprised since we only book with high volume reputable agencies.  

Hank

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Interesting.  We book a lot of cruises (try to cruise 100 days a year) and have our own short list of favorite cruise agencies, all of which give very good deals when compared to cruise lines.  All of those agencies are in that O data base...but we are not surprised since we only book with high volume reputable agencies.  

Hank

I haven't made a study of it, but as I've been informed, the O suggested agencies may give better perks with the booking.  I'm not sure there is an Oceania Cruise Connoisseur Club anymore but I could be wrong about that.  All I know is that I'm getting much better perks with the O recommended than when I used my former TA.

We have been in the cabin next door, 6089 on all the ships of the class. As you can see, we love it. The vibration will be a little more than the center of the ship, but we never found it disturbing and there will be a little soot on the balcony, but the view is amazing.  

We did three itineraries in 6088 or equivalent on the Sirena, Insignia and Nautica.  Great cabin, but beware if you have heavy weather it does get to be a bit wavy.  Not as bad as the Vista cabins up front ,which have lots of bow slamming against the waves.   Sound wise very quiet.    Only mention heavy weather because we did a Sirena voyage to the Southern Caribe last January and we had awful luck with weather.  Only calm days were the last two and there were many delays and missed ports.  Glad we had the OS.

13 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I haven't made a study of it, but as I've been informed, the O suggested agencies may give better perks with the booking.  I'm not sure there is an Oceania Cruise Connoisseur Club anymore but I could be wrong about that.  All I know is that I'm getting much better perks with the O recommended than when I used my former TA.

This is consistent with what we have experienced with other cruise lines.  Certain cruise agencies seem to have a special relationship with certain cruise lines which results in better deals.  The agency we use with many cruise lines (for over 25 years) fails when it comes to booking RCI products (RCI, Azamara and Celebrity) but they are great for any CCL product (HAL, Princess, Seabourn, etc).   This is one reason (of several) why we always suggest cruisers shop around for the best deals.  Sticking with a single agency for everything can be a costly mistake.

Hank

• Like 1

There certainly is still an Cruise 

17 hours ago, Daniel A said:

There Certainly is a Cruise Connoisseur Club..they just are not counting 2020 in their production..

I was in 6088 twice and truly I prefer deck 7 or 8 the vibration from the engines really bothered me..I am sure if you are patient you will be able to get another OS..

Jancruz1