Temp checks

13 hours ago, time4u2go said:

You might want to read up on how these thermometers work. They do not use lasers.

I did try. I read that they should not harm you, but never read anywhere that they don't harm you.

9 minutes ago, Glock said:

This is what I was hoping for, but it seems Royal is shooting cruisers with a temp gun whenever they go to eat in a buffet, line up for a show, sports, or any other activity on board.

To be honest I'm not worried about radiation from temp check. It's the ordeal of having to be checked every where before entry that would annoy me. There is nothing that the cruise lines are offering that would get me to book with the Covid protocol conditions in place.

1 hour ago, Glock said:

Maybe it is something that should be debated, as we are doing this to millions of school kids every day.

1 hour ago, Glock said:

I did try. I read that they should not harm you, but never read anywhere that they don't harm you.

Did you even read what I posted?  5 milliwatts of red light would not penetrate anyone's skull to cause any damage.  And, many of them don't use a laser pointer, so there is no "energy waves" being "pounded" into anyone's skull.

Face palm GIF - Find on GIFER

Edited by chengkp75
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I have to check temperatures for work.  If temp is 99 I usually have them sit down for a few minutes then recheck.  999x out of 1000 the temperature decreases.  If its 100, I do the same thing but chances are it probably won't decrease.  Just to be clear, this is based on my experience as a nurse during these temperature checks for Covid-19 I have to do.  Im sure everyone has a different story or scenario.  If you are hot and sweaty at a port, before you reboard, just relax for a few moments in the shade.  If you are really worried, bring a thermometer with you.  

When did 99 become a fever in the medical community?

To hold someone up for a 99 is STUPID!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Glock said:

I will take my own oral, hope that is accepted.
Our school uses laser on all the kids. Some request wrist, but wrist isn't accurate.
I really hope that we are not damaging such a sensitive area of or children's bodies.

There are not supposed to be negative affects, but who is 100% sure?
I would rather not take the chance of damaging someone's brain, or eyes.
Also I am not attached to my Cell phone as are the majority of the world's population.   

This is a joke, right???

I was born with a very low blood pressure and my usual temperature is below average and every time I have a check or examination people start calling 911 lol. Well, at least I know its better to pass out from the lower temperature rather than from a high one 

5 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I can't believe that it's come to us being so bored that we're now debating thermometers.

I’ll see you and raise you with...  “where does Saga Cruises rank on your Google search”.  An interesting discussion yesterday that doesn’t matter at all.

The nudist cruise thread is more of the same, but a bit more interesting.  I don’t think they have reached the tip of that discussion yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

When did 99 become a fever in the medical community?

To hold someone up for a 99 is STUPID!

it isnt.  The thermometers that my colleagues and I have used will show temperatures of anywhere from 96.5 to 98.0 normally.  A reading of 99 is a little high for the thermometers I use.  I should have been clearer.  As I said, 999x out of 1000, it will decrease once the client comes into a shaded area or a cooler location, removes their hat...etc...  Then I recheck.  

I work in a school.  Its a different environment from a hospital.  On the weekends at the hospital, I react differently about slightly elevated temps and slightly elevated BP as I have better equipment and other onsite medical staff.  At school, that slightly elevated temp of 99 that one may call stupid could easily go to 101 in a couple of hours.  So I do have to be more cautious.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ll see you and raise you with...  “where does Saga Cruises rank on your Google search”.  An interesting discussion yesterday that doesn’t matter at all.

The nudist cruise thread is more of the same, but a bit more interesting.  I don’t think they have reached the tip of that discussion yet. 

We just finished defining the difference between a nudist and a swinger. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

it isnt.  The thermometers that my colleagues and I have used will show temperatures of anywhere from 96.5 to 98.0 normally.  A reading of 99 is a little high for the thermometers I use.  I should have been clearer.  As I said, 999x out of 1000, it will decrease once the client comes into a shaded area or a cooler location, removes their hat...etc...  Then I recheck.  

I work in a school.  Its a different environment from a hospital.  On the weekends at the hospital, I react differently about slightly elevated temps and slightly elevated BP as I have better equipment and other onsite medical staff.  At school, that slightly elevated temp of 99 that one may call stupid could easily go to 101 in a couple of hours.  So I do have to be more cautious.

I'm the physician for a school district. We use 100.4 as our cut off.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2021 at 1:27 AM, Glock said:

Can't wait to get back cruising, but I refuse to have a laser shot into my brain multiple times every day to test for temperature.
There must be another way.

Sure, look here Nude Cruises - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community, on these cruises the temp checks are taken rectal.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm the physician for a school district. We use 100.4 as our cut off.

If you read what I wrote, I did NOT say my cutoff was 99.  I said I RECHECK them just to make sure it could be environmental factors such as a hat, seat warmers in a car, thick coat...

Slightly off subject but I did have a student once who had a headache, was lethargic and had a temp of 100.0. Mom who was a nurse practitioner would not pick up because she knew we could not send her 7 yr old home unless temp was 100.6.  I had checked him earlier and he was 99.5.  Makes one wonder.

Edited by jean87510