I've Had Enough !!!

baldilocks

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

It appears that more people in our country died from covid then in all of our wars, we will be at 500,000- flu isn't more deadly.  Listen to the facts. Do not be responsible for family members and loved ones to die.

I 100% agree. My post was merely sarcasm on my part as the same arguments  from a year ago keep resurfacing regarding the effectiveness of masks, social distance,  attempts by the media/government officials to scare people into submission,  etc, etc. It seems some will never learn. 

Ironically,  we seem to be past the peak of the 2nd wave and the end is in sight. If 1918 is any guide, there may be a mini 3rd or 4th wave but those will be minor and short lived. Soon the pot stirrers will have to find something new to complain about. 

In my opinion.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Wouldn't it be great if we could remove all of these unecessary deaths ?

It would. But it's only going to happen after much more is done to address mental health problems. The majority of gun deaths are from suicide.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/16/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think that’s from the new Administration. Same thing going on here in Florida. Doses are being sent from Feds directly to the inner cities in Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Orlando.  Our Governor was bypassed. 

M8

We are also supposed to be getting some in an underserved section of NSB this week but I can't find any info and if Dan and I could go over there and get one.  Saw it in the newspaper

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think that’s from the new Administration. Same thing going on here in Florida. Doses are being sent from Feds directly to the inner cities in Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Orlando.  Our Governor was bypassed. 

M8

Rightly so!  It is communities of color who have suffered a much higher death rate than others.  It is communities of color who have a higher infection rate.  It is communities of color who are under served.  It is communities of color who have historically been placed at the bottom of the list.  Time to right the ship.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 2/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, baldilocks said:

We will getting our second Moderna shots on March 5th....we hope. We are willing to wear our masks and keep social distancing when we are out....but not forever. We have been listening to the news and several well respected, well known doctors of virology stated that the USA will reach herd immunity around the end of April....even with the new strains. They also said that all schools should open immediately. Those doctors were verbally attacked by the news media, the teacher's union and the politicians. The 'polys' want to keep us down until Christmas 2021 or longer. I believe the doctors.

I cannot for the life of me see why cruising should not begin by August 2021. That should give the cruise lines enough time to get their crews on board, have them vaccinated and do a couple of test cruises and determine open destinations.. If they are held back, it is a political move...not science speaking. As a stockholder in Royal, I would expect Royal to protest to the the highest level....the news media about their situation. 

As for us, no masks after April. We want to get back to normal living....not being treated like animals in a zoo.

Does anyone has the feeling to fall in coma for a year (or 5 years if needed... oh, boy!) to pass by all this madness of political games with all of us as a purposely created collateral damage?

P.S. It's not a media (that is only a reflection of those who use power to create a chaos, so, it would be easier to manipulate indefinitely the society and twist it in a desired direction); it is current "behind the scenes" ideology of grey cardinals using pretend-leader poppets as their tool.  It happens in history all the time, but people don't believe in history or ignore it.  Anyone who opens their mouth with any words that doesn't fit immediately receive an anti-whatever tag.  The cruise industry is just a tiny example of this game.

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Please be sure to cancel your April 13th appointment. We are having an issue here with people playing appointment lottery. The county had almost 4,000 no shows county-wide. Speculation is that people made appointments elsewhere and failed to cancel. The vaccines did not go to waste, but locations then have to scramble to give out the leftover doses. :classic_smile:

Aren’t they confirming the appointments? A simple phone call confirmation would eliminate many of these “no shows” and allow the appointment to be given to the next person on the list. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Aren’t they confirming the appointments? A simple phone call confirmation would eliminate many of these “no shows” and allow the appointment to be given to the next person on the list. 

We were on tge list at Grayson County health, my doctor called me and said they would vax both my son and myself that Saturday. The next day Grayson County called me to say that it could be 8 weeks or  more to get it. Told them we had appt with doctor for it and remove us from the list, I would have called to cancel but they beat me to it. Dont know if you know this. But the providers administering the vaccine are paid 28.39 for every injection by Medicare. If you have orher insurance they will bill for the injecting. If you dont have insurance or insurance wont pay the feds will pay the providers 63.00 per injection. That was part of the Operation Warp Speed under President Trump. He wanted to make sure that the providers were gung ho to vax as many people as possible and it sure worked, in fact too well. Pfizer is in the process to double the amount of production to keep up with the demand.

39 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Garland TX isnt. I signed the list and they emailed me a confirmed appointment some weeks later. I'd already gotten the first shot, so I clicked reply saying no thanks. I was surprised they didnt even co tact me before sending me a time and date. No way to confirm or cancel provided.

I'd gone to fair park, which is also a zoo and poorly managed. Generic links, not person specific which got shared on social media. People who were on the list turned away. 2nd shot was 6 hours in my car, 1/2 tank of gas, and outhouses. Dallas has a way to go. 

No idea if my email went to a live person to read with the garland TX list. I tried to cancel, but I didnt pick the appointment time or confirm it.

Posters seem to either keep forgetting or never understood the reason for face masks. It doesn't have anything to do with your immunity.  Someone totally immune to the Coronavirus can still harbor the virus in their nasal passage or mouth and throat.  Therefore, any sneezing, coughing, clearing the throat and talking and breathing can spread the virus. 

Masks are worn to protect others!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, rs12065 said:

Posters seem to either keep forgetting or never understood the reason for face masks. It doesn't have anything to do with your immunity.  Someone totally immune to the Coronavirus can still harbor the virus in their nasal passage or mouth and throat.  Therefore, any sneezing, coughing, clearing the throat and talking and breathing can spread the virus. 

That is why everyone on the ship needs to be vaccinated, at least until we determine if vaccinated people can harbor a high enough viral load to actually be contagious or not.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

Dont know if you know this. But the providers administering the vaccine are paid 28.39 for every injection by Medicare. If you have orher insurance they will bill for the injecting. 

Vaccine administration fees are nothing new. They barely cover the cost of buying the syringe and supplies and then the cost of disposing if the infectious waste.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 7:32 AM, Mapleleafforever said:

Isn't it great how just when things start turning the corner there's a new "deadlier" variant that's found half away across the world......keep people scared. It's losing its effect. 

Scared people are easier to control. That's what it's always been about-control. Any time a respected doctor challenges the established narrative, he/she is discredited. It's not about "the science," it's about "the science that confirms the desired narrative." And no one will ever convince me otherwise. IOW = if you want to waste your time trying to contradict me, go right ahead. My mind won't have changed but you'll have wasted your time. The choice is yours.

-Stephen

PS My late mom was a nurse, we always got vaccinated and I will for this, too. Not antivax here, just anti-government control.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, rs12065 said:

That's true! - "Someone totally immune to the Coronavirus can still harbor the virus in their nasal passage or mouth and throat" - we are all harbor viruses in our nasal passage; that's the point of having the nose: it's our body's "filter system" to protect our system from the viruses as much as possible. And that's why sneeze - to expel pathogen particles.  So... therefore, we must attach a piece of cloth to our face forever (to protect others), right?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Scared people are easier to control. That's what it's always been about-control. Any time a respected doctor challenges the established narrative, he/she is discredited. It's not about "the science," it's about "the science that confirms the desired narrative." And no one will ever convince me otherwise. IOW = if you want to waste your time trying to contradict me, go right ahead. My mind won't have changed but you'll have wasted your time. The choice is yours.

-Stephen

PS My late mom was a nurse, we always got vaccinated and I will for this, too. Not antivax here, just anti-government control.

Indeed

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Dr. Fauci on March 8, 2020, 

“There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

That is old news. We know now that masks do more than block droplets, they also block aerosols to some degree which reduces the risk of transmitting Covid to others.  Masks become extremely effective for source control when everyone is wearing a mask. Unfortunately, in this country, there are too many people who are anti-mask and therefore we have had a lower efficiency of mitigating the spread of the virus. Then there are those who wear their masks with their noses exposed. That is as effective as not wearing a mask at all.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

That's true! - "Someone totally immune to the Coronavirus can still harbor the virus in their nasal passage or mouth and throat" - we are all harbor viruses in our nasal passage; that's the point of having the nose: it's our body's "filter system" to protect our system from the viruses as much as possible. And that's why sneeze - to expel pathogen particles.  So... therefore, we must attach a piece of cloth to our face forever (to protect others), right?

Right, so that filter just keeps rebreathing the same stuff it is trying to get rid off. I think my mother taught me to cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze so that I don"t spread things around. That lession came right after the one about washing my hands. I think I was around two years old at the time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

That is old news. We know now that masks do more than block droplets, they also block aerosols to some degree which reduces the risk of transmitting Covid to others.  Masks become extremely effective for source control when everyone is wearing a mask. Unfortunately, in this country, there are too many people who are anti-mask and therefore we have had a lower efficiency of mitigating the spread of the virus. Then there are those who wear their masks with their noses exposed. That is as effective as not wearing a mask at all.

Then there are the ones who wear their masks walking along the beach, in the freshest air you can possibly find, without another person within hundreds of feet from them.

Masks have a purpose and so does common sense.

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope your Mom will be ok. 

Same here in PA I know lots of family and neighbors that are eligible but not enough vaccine is available yet.  

I say operation warp speed failed in many ways across the US.

We are hearing large deliveries of vaccine are due in March.

I'm at the bottom of the eligibility list and hearing probably by July category for my category.  My Dh is eligible now but since he just recovered from covid, he is told to wait at least 30 days before getting.  which is fine since we dont have anywhere to go to get it where I live in PA.

A friend of mine was told to wait 90 days after recovering from Covid to get the vaccine.

17 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Mask wearing will continue forever this will never go away you know. There will be half a million deaths ever year from this in USA and 100k in UK. Masks will be on cruise ships forever to avoid lawsuits if nothing else.

IMHO, I don't think so. The vaccines will give people the confidence to socialize in public settings without fear. Masks will go away, eventually. What about the millions of people world wide who perished from the Spanish flu 100 years ago? That was also a respiratory virus and look at us in 2019, pre-Covid pandemic. Not a mask in site with the exception of those who were immune compromised and at that there were very few.

IMHO.....we will get back to the normal we knew pre-Covid. I just hope I live that long to see it.

Edited by coffeebean

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Those people are also employed by companies that have plenty of resources. Don't you think that as vaccines become more available the cruise lines could take care if vaccinating their employees? It would seem like a smart investment to help ensure another shutdown doesn't occur and help people feel safe getting into a ship.

I've thought about that too, having the cruise lines vaccinate their employees. But.....the crew must travel by air to get to their embarkation port. In the future, airline travel may mandate the vaccine in order to board an airplane. What then?

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Rightly so!  It is communities of color who have suffered a much higher death rate than others.  It is communities of color who have a higher infection rate.  It is communities of color who are under served.  It is communities of color who have historically been placed at the bottom of the list.  Time to right the ship.

I didn’t offer an opinion, you did. I was just stating a fact. 

M8

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

I've thought about that too, having the cruise lines vaccinate their employees. But.....the crew must travel by air to get to their embarkation port. In the future, airline travel may mandate the vaccine in order to board an airplane. What then?

I am sure the folks in Miami, getting paid loads of money to run the company, can figure it out.

• Like 1